Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 2013 Recruiting

Featured Replies

Read in the paper that Wiggins Host-Mom said that UK Spotlight might be too much for him? Is this an issue with him or a perceived issue?

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read that about Wiggins too. I hope that's not the case. He is always going to be in the spotlight, particularily at the next level after college. There's no better place than UK to get accustomed to the media and fan attention.

 

I saw on twitter where his host mom was the same woman who was the host for Louisville's center, Djeng (sp) and that he was trying to convince her to tell Wiggins that UK would not be a good fit for him. I hope that's not true. I'd really like to see this young man in a Kentucky uniform.

Marcus Lee had 31 points and 29 rebounds yesterday.

 

He had a game earlier where he had 22 points and 25 rebounds.

 

Some awesome numbers. Even if it's not against premiere competition (I have no idea), I love having a guy who has a knack for rebounding.

Josh Smith (formerly of UCLA) has decided to transfer to Georgetown....Dakari Johnson had G'town in his top 3....Seems this could help (if they needed it) UK land Johnson.

It will be interesting to see how many scholarships UK has available.

 

Chad Ford says that Nerlens, Archie, AND Poythress are "locks" for the lottery and says WCS may "sneak in."

It will be interesting to see how many scholarships UK has available.

 

Chad Ford says that Nerlens, Archie, AND Poythress are "locks" for the lottery and says WCS may "sneak in."

 

I've said all along that I think exactly the same and I think WCS probably will sneak in. Cal will push them out if he feels like have a chance to be a lottery pick.

 

We are going to lose Mays as well, so five opened spots IMO.

It'll basically be what this year has been...Wiltjer & Harrow plus the crop of newcomers Cal brings in.

It will be interesting to see how many scholarships UK has available.

 

Chad Ford says that Nerlens, Archie, AND Poythress are "locks" for the lottery and says WCS may "sneak in."

 

Enough. Only 8 possible returning scholarship players (including Polson). That leaves 5 spots for the 5 committed guys.

 

Play it conservative and say two guys leave early (Noel plus one of Archie, Poythress, WCS). Move Polson back to walk on, and that's three spots. Can't imagine UK would get all four of Wiggins, Randle, Johnson, Gordon.

 

1) Hood

2) Polson

3) Harrow

4) Wiltjer

5) Noel

6) Goodwin

7) Cauley-Stein

8) Poythress

9) Marcus Lee

10) James Young

11) Aaron Harrison

12) Andrew Harrison

13) Derek Willis

Dakari Johnson talking about if Nerlens and WCS stayed at Kentucky (I don't think they will).

 

“I talked to Coach Cal and it wouldn’t matter to me, even if they stayed they would push me harder in practice and I would just be better developed going against those guys every day.”

WCS is the key to UK being special next season. I am not seeing him returning and certainly do not blame him.

WCS is the key to UK being special next season. I am not seeing him returning and certainly do not blame him.

 

Andrew Wiggins is the key to UK being special next season...

Andrew Wiggins is the key to UK being special next season...

 

^this

Andrew Wiggins is the key to UK being special next season...

 

Agreed. And it seems less likely that he comes to Lexington, or maybe I'm just pessimistic.

Agreed. And it seems less likely that he comes to Lexington, or maybe I'm just pessimistic.

 

I'm feeling it too. But maybe we're both pessimistic.

Agreed. And it seems less likely that he comes to Lexington, or maybe I'm just pessimistic.

 

I don't see any reason anyone would feel that way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.