Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 35 Boyle County 14

Featured Replies

Carter kicked his only 2 kickoffs into the endzone..I am less worried from what I saw last night...

 

Sounds like Carter has a lead foot and a nose for the ball. We just gotta keep him hydrated.

  • Replies 189
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now you tell me who was getting homered..These could of been the worst bunch of officials I have ever see. PATHETIC!! I mean it was bad....real bad.

 

See that's what I was thinking as well when I saw those stats. Sounds like the announcers were a bunch of winers.

Why does T roll out of the pocket on every pass play vs. staying in the pocket for quick strikes? Seems he would be much more effective at this?

 

I'm not certain but I'm guessing to utilize his size and speed. Plus it can open up alot of different plays late in the game.

To be more clear on the complaints of the announcers and fans, I think the complaints are about what wasn't getting called. There is no stat for that. A lot of people felt they were letting a lot of holding take place thus the complaints about the officials. That is also not including the pass that appeared to be a backward pass and was called an incomplete pass. Could have gone either way, regardless, the home fans were upset about it just like the Highlands fans were upset about the pass interference call early in the game. I could see plenty of Highlands fans indicating the pass was too high for it to be called pass interference. It is my understanding that rule doesn't apply in high school. I mean we can go back and forth about who was homered and what not but it won't change the outcome of the game. I am certain if there were Highlands announcers doing the game they would have been complaining about the officials also.

To be more clear on the complaints of the announcers and fans, I think the complaints are about what wasn't getting called. There is no stat for that. A lot of people felt they were letting a lot of holding take place thus the complaints about the officials. That is also not including the pass that appeared to be a backward pass and was called an incomplete pass. Could have gone either way, regardless, the home fans were upset about it just like the Highlands fans were upset about the pass interference call early in the game. I could see plenty of Highlands fans indicating the pass was too high for it to be called pass interference. It is my understanding that rule doesn't apply in high school. I mean we can go back and forth about who was homered and what not but it won't change the outcome of the game. I am certain if there were Highlands announcers doing the game they would have been complaining about the officials also.

 

There were......and they were weren't.. HHS had an internet crew there for the game..

There were......and they were weren't.. HHS had an internet crew there for the game..

Why would the HHS internet crew complain? Their team was doing the holding not the team being held.

Edited by Birdsfan

It had to be the holding that enabled the Birds to win by 3 TDs. Lol

I wasn't there, but I'm just not getting the "home" team screaming home cookin.

...which is of little interest to Anderson Cooper.

 

Ouch :lol:

There were......and they were weren't.. HHS had an internet crew there for the game..

 

So you were listening to the HHS internet crew then?

To be more clear on the complaints of the announcers and fans, I think the complaints are about what wasn't getting called. There is no stat for that. A lot of people felt they were letting a lot of holding take place thus the complaints about the officials. That is also not including the pass that appeared to be a backward pass and was called an incomplete pass. Could have gone either way, regardless, the home fans were upset about it just like the Highlands fans were upset about the pass interference call early in the game. I could see plenty of Highlands fans indicating the pass was too high for it to be called pass interference. It is my understanding that rule doesn't apply in high school. I mean we can go back and forth about who was homered and what not but it won't change the outcome of the game. I am certain if there were Highlands announcers doing the game they would have been complaining about the officials also.

 

The bolded is the key phrase in your post . The refs had the best view and they were your refs.

 

The best team won ,PERIOD .

I was looking through the HHS/Boyle game pics and on page 120 & 122 I came across #7 Carter New from HHS playing offense. I must of been in the bathroom when he was in playing WR. I didn't think HHS had players play both ways...He was playing offense wasn't he?

I was looking through the HHS/Boyle game pics and on page 120 & 122 I came across #7 Carter New from HHS playing offense. I must of been in the bathroom when he was in playing WR. I didn't think HHS had players play both ways...He was playing offense wasn't he?

 

I looked thru there, the only time I saw him was special teams & "D". There is one shot you clearly see him and HHS has the ball, that was on Bruns long punt return.

 

Check out page 120, photo 1797, is that a hold that wasn't called? LOL

...which is of little interest to Anderson Cooper.

 

I'm clear...

I looked thru there, the only time I saw him was special teams & "D". There is one shot you clearly see him and HHS has the ball, that was on Bruns long punt return.

 

Check out page 120, photo 1797, is that a hold that wasn't called? LOL

 

You really can't base a hold on still photos, you are looking at 1/800th of a second in that picture.

 

To put that in perspective, that is about as long as it takes leatherneck to drink a shot of Woodford Reserve.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.