Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 35 Boyle County 14

Featured Replies

Congratulations to the Birds on a big win.

  • Replies 189
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll assume raw chitlins are tough.

 

I saw a tweet from Jeff Drummond saying the INT pick 6 covered about 110 yards of running.[/QUOTe]

 

Raw chitlins are a lot tougher than a $2.00 steak!

Edited by Birdsfan

Wish I could have seen two very talented teams have at it. Sounds like a solid win for the 'Birds. 30 game win streak? That's an impressive record, a lot of teams would like to put that type of quality on the field..

The Rebel fans are a very classy bunch, always have been! But they should take their announcers to the woodshed for being whiney crybabies.

If Boyle hopes to beat Highlands later in the season they must develop their passing game. Also Highlands could have ran the toss sweep everytime and Boyle could not have stopped it. Their line pulled and selled and got to the second level with no problems, a "small" but very fundamentally sound O-line.

Were these radio announcers or streaming internet announcers on ihigh?

 

Heard from Rebel and he said HHS was the better team tonight and showed it on the field.

 

Congrats to the Birds and their fans and I wish them well the rest of the year until sometime after Thanksgiving. Hope Rebels get another chance to play them because that would mean a deep run for Boyle.

Standing on the sideline the only thing that May have been any question was a play that looked to be a backward pass that was called a int. pass. All in all it was a good game and you have to give the BlueBirds credit. They played a good game and have a very impressive team. The Towles kid is the real deal and they have very good receiving core. I am not worried about my Rebels, French will have them improving every week. Now some stats for the game.

 

BC

 

66 plays

247 yards total

17 1st downs

3 Penaltys for 11 yards

47 rushes for 193 yards 2 tds

5 of 19 passing for 54 yards and 3 picks

 

Highlands

 

63 plays

412 yards

19 1st downs

10 penaltys for 105 yards

38 rushes for 210 yards 3 tds

12 for 25 and 202 yards 1 td

Looked like it was going to be one heck of a game but the last minute drive at the end of the first half was a back breaker...

 

 

Changed the whole game. Especially with Highlands starting the 3rd quarter with the ball and then scoring. Once Highlands was up 28-14 I knew it would be a tough hole for us to dig ourselves out of.

Here is the late TD in the first half that really changed the entire game:

 

Carter New has unreal athleticism and should have a field day at CB this year.

Here is a pretty decent look at Towles' arm strength:

 

My thoughts on the game.......

 

*First off.....congrats to the Highlands faithful You guys have a nice squad. Well coached and definitely more athletic than you guys look. Very solid in all facets of the game. Very classy to take a knee at the end of the game but had you ran it in for the score, I personally would not have been mad at all. You ran it all the way down the field, didn't throw one pass and you ran off the last 7 minutes of the game. Punch it in. The defense should stop you. Classy move though. :thumb:

 

*Did Jac Collingsworth play? I was thinking he was #5 and I didn't see him on the field I don't think.

 

*#7-Carter New? is niiiiceee. He is fun to watch. I believe he ran back the 86 yard(110 yard) int and it was an impressive run. We thought he stepped out and then he hopped over the kid and was gone. I was very impressed. He had a nice int later on as well. I like that kid.

 

*Towles is everything that was said about him. I tweeted I think I may still like Bolin better but we'll see. QB's like Towles and Bolin are a treat to watch. I like Towles a lot. I haven't seen a kid with his size run the way he runs and then that cannon of his also:scared:.........great combo. I'll see him again.

 

*Devon Cox ran the ball good as did Zach Hester. Our passing game needs work. We had a bad case of the dropsies on 3rd and long four times in the first half. That will be fixed though. Cox was cramping so bad he couldn't walk after the game.

 

*I am truly not worried or discouraged. We made a lot of fixable mistakes.

 

*I really didn't think the refs were that bad. As always they probably missed calls on both sides but our mistakes hurt us more than the refs.

 

 

 

We'll be all right. Congrats to Highlands and I hope to see you guys again.:thumb:

I have got to say that he has a great arm. That pass went at least 55 yards or longer. Wiremans post #42

Nobody has mentioned #42, NG for the Birds. Sorry I don't know his name, but he is a stud on the DL. He was disruptive and commanded a double team a lot of the game.

 

Towles was impressive, as was New. The Birds were fun to watch, not perfect, but very solid. Fundamentals win football games, and they are very fundamental.

 

If Boyle had more of a passing game, it would have been closer, but HHS was clearly the better football team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.