Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 35 Boyle County 14

Featured Replies

Yea, he's part of the reason I didn't see one lick of the game tonight.:irked:

 

Now I'm going to have to buy that dag gone CD just to see what I missed of the game that he was standing in front of me taking pics of.:taz:

 

Henry,

Where can I buy a copy of this game?

  • Replies 189
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There were......and they were weren't.. HHS had an internet crew there for the game..

 

So it has been said that no one has seen Dale madder at the officials in 40 years yet the HHS internet broadcasting crew didn't see what Dale's problem was?

I wasn't there, but I'm just not getting the "home" team screaming home cookin.

 

 

Who is saying that? Oh, that's right....the announcers.....:rolleyes:

The bolded is the key phrase in your post . The refs had the best view and they were your refs.

 

The best team won ,PERIOD .

 

Have I not already said that? Did you not read any of my posts?

 

 

I even said about the play you bolded..."could have gone either way".

It had to be the holding that enabled the Birds to win by 3 TDs. Lol

 

 

Who said that?

Funny, you guys win, we admit defeat to the better team and yet you want to complain about the announcers now?:confused:

Have I not already said that? Did you not read any of my posts?

 

 

I even said about the play you bolded..."could have gone either way".

 

I hope Boyle comes to the fort to play H again. I don't know what the outcome will be , but I can promise the refs will be fair with both teams.

Funny, you guys win, we admit defeat to the better team and yet you want to complain about the announcers now?:confused:

 

I assume you are referring to the "Highlands people." And of course people are going to say something about the announcers, that isn't uncommon. I expect stuff like that when I listen to a broadcast of the opposing team for a High School game.

 

But we all agree that the officiating wasn't consistent. Highlands will point out that they got more penatlys and Boyle is going off of what wasn't called. I think we can put the whole ref thing to rest.

I assume you are referring to the "Highlands people." And of course people are going to say something about the announcers, that isn't uncommon. I expect stuff like that when I listen to a broadcast of the opposing team for a High School game.

 

But we all agree that the officiating wasn't consistent. Highlands will point out that they got more penatlys and Boyle is going off of what wasn't called. I think we can put the whole ref thing to rest.

 

Agreed !! Best post in the whole thread !! It's time for me to move on !!!!

I assume you are referring to the "Highlands people." And of course people are going to say something about the announcers, that isn't uncommon. I expect stuff like that when I listen to a broadcast of the opposing team for a High School game.

 

But we all agree that the officiating wasn't consistent. Highlands will point out that they got more penatlys and Boyle is going off of what wasn't called. I think we can put the whole ref thing to rest.

 

 

I do also, which is why all the bashing of our announcers is baffling. Isn't that what a large percentage of home announcers do at all levels?

 

Don't fans from both sides scream about he officials and voice their displeasure in them? Boyle fans were upset with the refs and Highlands fans were too. What's the problem here?

I hope Boyle comes to the fort to play H again. I don't know what the outcome will be , but I can promise the refs will be fair with both teams.

 

 

Who is saying they weren't besides the announcers!!!!!!!!!!!!

I assume you are referring to the "Highlands people." And of course people are going to say something about the announcers, that isn't uncommon. I expect stuff like that when I listen to a broadcast of the opposing team for a High School game.

 

But we all agree that the officiating wasn't consistent. Highlands will point out that they got more penatlys and Boyle is going off of what wasn't called. I think we can put the whole ref thing to rest.

 

 

Of course I am referring to Highlands people......you guys have been crying about the officials the whole thread.

 

 

My fault, crying about the announcers who were crying about the officials the whole thread. My bad.

Since you guys obviously missed this part in my second post....

 

 

 

My thoughts on the game.......

 

*First off.....congrats to the Highlands faithful You guys have a nice squad. Well coached and definitely more athletic than you guys look. Very solid in all facets of the game. Very classy to take a knee at the end of the game but had you ran it in for the score, I personally would not have been mad at all. You ran it all the way down the field, didn't throw one pass and you ran off the last 7 minutes of the game. Punch it in. The defense should stop you. Classy move though. :thumb:

 

*Did Jac Collingsworth play? I was thinking he was #5 and I didn't see him on the field I don't think.

 

*#7-Carter New? is niiiiceee. He is fun to watch. I believe he ran back the 86 yard(110 yard) int and it was an impressive run. We thought he stepped out and then he hopped over the kid and was gone. I was very impressed. He had a nice int later on as well. I like that kid.

 

*Towles is everything that was said about him. I tweeted I think I may still like Bolin better but we'll see. QB's like Towles and Bolin are a treat to watch. I like Towles a lot. I haven't seen a kid with his size run the way he runs and then that cannon of his also:scared:.........great combo. I'll see him again.

 

*Devon Cox ran the ball good as did Zach Hester. Our passing game needs work. We had a bad case of the dropsies on 3rd and long four times in the first half. That will be fixed though. Cox was cramping so bad he couldn't walk after the game.

 

*I am truly not worried or discouraged. We made a lot of fixable mistakes.

*I really didn't think the refs were that bad. As always they probably missed calls on both sides but our mistakes hurt us more than the refs.

 

 

We'll be all right. Congrats to Highlands and I hope to see you guys again.:thumb:

Just got back from my 8 mile run this morning. Sorry for not getting on earlier as I went to bed as soon as I got home because of getting up at 6:00 to run. My time was a little off this morning as I ate too much last night.

 

First... The better team won, no excuses here. I feel Boyle now knows what and where they need to improve and have gained valuable experience from playing Highlands. I came away very impressed with #3 for Highlands. His hits over the middle was the caused of plenty of dropped balls. He did come off the filed a little woozie after him and Zach Hester collided once but came back the next series still looking to hit anyone coming in the middle. I look forward to watching and cherring on the quarterback for next 4 years at UK.

 

Second.... It was a pleasure to meet Watusi and his son, Wireman, and Leatherneck along with some old friends Admiral, Rebel Stat, Purplepride, toolaidback, Guru, and his gang. Had a great time tailgating and talking Kentucky Football in general. Henry, I am very sorry that I missed you phone call. With all the excitement and noise I did not hear it ring and for that I apologize.

 

Rebel,

 

I was really sorry that I missed your tailgate and meeting up with you. If and when you come to the Fort, you will not have to worry about where to park. I'll take good care of you.:thumb:

All the women I know think Anderson Cooper is a very handsome man.

 

OK Ru, you do know that Anderson Cooper is a little light in the loafers don't you?

 

But hey, if you want to be Anderson Cooper you go for it.:lol:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.