Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 35 Boyle County 14

Featured Replies

  • Author
I wasn't there, but I'm just not getting the "home" team screaming home cookin.
They aren't at all.
  • Replies 189
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rebel,

 

I was really sorry that I missed your tailgate and meeting up with you. If and when you come to the Fort, you will not have to worry about where to park. I'll take good care of you.:thumb:

 

Thanks Henry! I'm already looking forward to coming up next year. Maybe in late November we will have another chance to meet up and tailgate again, with hot chocolate and chili being serve.

  • Author
Funny, you guys win, we admit defeat to the better team and yet you want to complain about the announcers now?:confused:
Actually, we were complaining about them while the game was still going on -- and I was probably the first. But I don't think anyone is complaining about the Boyle fans or accusing them of making excuses.
Thanks Ru great pics!

 

I agree! Seen a couple of really...really good looking ones.:lol:

Actually, we were complaining about them while the game was still going on -- and I was probably the first. But I don't think anyone is complaining about the Boyle fans or accusing them of making excuses.

 

I haven't seen any Boyle fans making excuses. We know what happened.

 

As for the announcers all I am simply trying to do is offer a perspective on why they may have said the things they said. I really don't know their perspective, just trying to reach an understanding about them.

I do also, which is why all the bashing of our announcers is baffling. Isn't that what a large percentage of home announcers do at all levels?

Don't fans from both sides scream about he officials and voice their displeasure in them? Boyle fans were upset with the refs and Highlands fans were too. What's the problem here?

 

I don't know if it is a large percentage, but listen to Chuck Machock do a UC basketball game sometime. He sets the standard for complaining about officials ... on what seems like every play of every game. Maybe the Boyle guys come from the Machock School of Announcing. :lol:

I don't know if it is a large percentage, but listen to Chuck Machock do a UC basketball game sometime. He sets the standard for complaining about officials ... on what seems like every play of every game. Maybe the Boyle guys come from the Machock School of Announcing. :lol:

 

Could be.:D

 

I'll have to tune in sometime to check them out. I am always at the game. :popcorn::thumb:

  • Author
I haven't seen any Boyle fans making excuses. We know what happened.

 

As for the announcers all I am simply trying to do is offer a perspective on why they may have said the things they said. I really don't know their perspective, just trying to reach an understanding about them.

Yes, that's what I said.
Yes, that's what I said.

 

Yes, just reiterating it.

Congrats to Highlands for the big win, and I suspect that we probably witnessed the two best teams in 4A playing in this game. Of course, there is a lot of football still to be played before the games start REALLY counting.

 

As for the broadcast announcers' comments, ultimately it doesn't really matter. I am just thankful that BC has a set-up where some of their games are video webcasted!!!! Now that's nice!

 

Class 4A will be exciting this year, no doubt!

OK Ru, you do know that Anderson Cooper is a little light in the loafers don't you?

 

But hey, if you want to be Anderson Cooper you go for it.:lol:

 

I addressed that a few replies ago. I am clear on Cooper. To each their own...

Who is saying that? Oh, that's right....the announcers.....:rolleyes:

 

"Why would the HHS internet crew complain? Their team was doing the holding not the team being held." Quote from the thread. Was this from an announcer?

"Why would the HHS internet crew complain? Their team was doing the holding not the team being held." Quote from the thread. Was this from an announcer?

 

No, it was from a poster on this thread. Post #96

Did the bluebirds ring the bell before they took the field? The last ones that rang it that I know of was Bullit East during the playoffs several years ago...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.