Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 35 Boyle County 14

Featured Replies

Just returned home. Driving that big bus is really tiresome!! The Birds have a lot to work on. As would any team this time of year. I will say it again, Soph Zach Harris(#45) will eventually carry the load this year at RB. The kid is a very strong runner!!! We have to cut down on the turnovers(fumbles). This one would of been ugly if HHS didn't turn over the ball on a couple of series. Yes, Boyle gave HHS the ball quite a bit but their QB has to stop just throwing the football and hoping someone will be there to catch it. Guess what, HHS was there!!!

 

As someone else mentioned about kids going both ways. Sorry people, you are not going to run with a team like HHS playing 5-6 kids both ways. I know one time I noticed when Boyle was forced to punt, they brought in 1 kid and took 1 out. You can't do that....Not if you expect to be somewhere remotely in the game come the 4th quarter.

 

Boyle has some really nice fans and were very gracious in greeting us but......the other fans from Boyle Co that live across town named(Hatfields) were out in full force to watch their neighbors take a defeat. Wow!!! They were nice to us though....

  • Replies 189
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sheehan looked really good at receiver. Very quick. None of them dropped any passes I don't believe either. They made some nice receptions along the sidelines also. Very aware of where they were on the field.

 

I did not see much of the game if any acutally, but I did see Sheehan make a beautiful catch at the beginning of the second half.

 

Nice game . Sure both teams will improve greatly. Sorry I missed the BGP tailgate. Found a parking spot but could not find the tailgate.:idunno:

 

Lots of tents, just not BGP tents.

 

Great to see the Centre football team arrive but totally PO'd that they stood right in front of me and I could not see a fricking play.:irked:

 

Looking forward to seeing a tape of the game to see what I missed.

 

All in all , great trip to Danville and look forward to the Rebels coming to "The Fort".:D

Can anyone name this celebrity who was spotted at the game tonight?

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34196[/ATTACH]

 

Yea, he's part of the reason I didn't see one lick of the game tonight.:irked:

 

Now I'm going to have to buy that dag gone CD just to see what I missed of the game that he was standing in front of me taking pics of.:taz:

Yea, he's part of the reason I didn't see one lick of the game tonight.:irked:

 

Now I'm going to have to buy that dag gone CD just to see what I missed of the game that he was standing in front of me taking pics of.:taz:

I sat on BC side and Joe B. Hall sat 2 rows in front of me. He stayed for the whole game. Did not see the other "celebrity".

Talked to several Highland fans after the game, very classy guys. I agree with PP92, Highlands ran the ball down the field that last drive, had they scored again could not have been mad. 1st half was a great game. Opening drive of the second half killed the Rebels. Hope to see these to play again.

Edited by strongarm
spelling

That's the reason Dale continued to try to score in the 4th qtr, right?

 

Kind of hung them up when HHS went to the victory formation, didin't it? They were positive Dale was going to put another in.

I heard Sheehan was hurt on the BC sideline and when a BC trainer came over to look at him the Head Coach told him that it was one of theirs and he needed to go to the other side. If this is true that is truly classless.

 

I am guessing that WR's David Christian and Jac Collinsworth were not playing in this game. If you put those two kids split out wide along with Sheehan and MCcoy, this could have gotten way ugly.

 

Congrats Birds on the nice opening road victory.

I heard Sheehan was hurt on the BC sideline and when a BC trainer came over to look at him the Head Coach told him that it was one of theirs and he needed to go to the other side. If this is true that is truly classless.

 

I am guessing that WR's David Christian and Jac Collinsworth were not playing in this game. If you put those two kids split out wide along with Sheehan and MCcoy, this could have gotten way ugly.

 

Congrats Birds on the nice opening road victory.

 

Why does T roll out of the pocket on every pass play vs. staying in the pocket for quick strikes? Seems he would be much more effective at this?

Edited by Whackem'n'Stackem'

I thought both teams played to the whistle. Sometimes the whistle came sometimes it didn't. I didn't see anything I would call dirty. Sorry our announcers got you guys riled up. We can't control them or their opinions.

 

The refs didn't affect the outcome of the game. Period.

 

I give our qb a pass on his first int. Great break on the ball by New. The rest of his int's were inadvertent passes.

 

Our depth is nonexistent. I guarantee we didn't plan to play so many both ways when practice began.

 

As I said, I am not discouraged. We'll be fine.

I heard Sheehan was hurt on the BC sideline and when a BC trainer came over to look at him the Head Coach told him that it was one of theirs and he needed to go to the other side. If this is true that is truly classless

 

.I am guessing that WR's David Christian and Jac Collinsworth were not playing in this game. If you put those two kids split out wide along with Sheehan and MCcoy, this could have gotten way ugly.

 

Congrats Birds on the nice opening road victory.

 

Who did you hear that from? Sheehan had a cramp , and was already walking off the field on his own by the time the trainers got to him. It seems to me , the only people that would hear the head coach say that would have to be on the Boyle sideline . Did you talk to a Boyle player ? I know we are on the same team , but , rivalry or not , I will not believe that Boyles coach would have said that.

I thought both teams played to the whistle. Sometimes the whistle came sometimes it didn't. I didn't see anything I would call dirty. Sorry our announcers got you guys riled up. We can't control them or their opinions.

 

The refs didn't affect the outcome of the game. Period.

 

I give our qb a pass on his first int. Great break on the ball by New. The rest of his int's were inadvertent passes.

 

Our depth is nonexistent. I guarantee we didn't plan to play so many both ways when practice began.

 

As I said, I am not discouraged. We'll be fine.

 

I can't say what was said or not on IHigh. I did not get to hear the broadcast.

 

This I do know, the Play-by-Play announcer is one of the best friends I have in this world. When I texted him this morning he told me that HHS was the better team won impressively. Doesn't sound much like a homer blaming the refs. Now the color man might have gone off that way but I don't see Steve harping all game about it.

 

If I'm looking at him with rose colored glasses then I'm sorry. But he's respected by his peers enough after 40 years of broadcasting to have done Some of the State Championship games for KY Network for the last 10 years.

 

Oh, and once again, congrats to the Birds and their fans on an impressive victory.

Looks like Anderson Cooper. :cool:

 

Well done, BF.

Carter New has unreal athleticism and should have a field day at CB this year.

 

Very good point, he really moves well and has a nose for the ball. Impressive.

I thought both teams looked a little sloppy but that is to be expected for a first game and especially when you are two platooning.

 

I don't know who was complaining about the officials but if anything it rolled in Boyle's direction. Either way, nothing looked out of line to me and I get tired of hearing people complain about the officials too.

 

I thought Highlands depth really hurt Boyle as the game went on.

 

Boyle needs to work a lot on their passing game. I understand they had a lot of success in 7 on 7.

 

For anyone that hasn't been to a game at Boyle, it is a great venue and the people are extremely friendly.

Looks like Anderson Cooper. :cool:

 

All the women I know think Anderson Cooper is a very handsome man.

Who did you hear that from? Sheehan had a cramp , and was already walking off the field on his own by the time the trainers got to him. It seems to me , the only people that would hear the head coach say that would have to be on the Boyle sideline . Did you talk to a Boyle player ? I know we are on the same team , but , rivalry or not , I will not believe that Boyles coach would have said that.

 

No such thing came from Coach French's mouth, you are correct HBF.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.