Track The NL Central Champion Reds (Week 8)

He was for sure, but that wasn't going to last forever. Fly ball pitchers and GABP don't work out together.

I know, and that is why I won't say it was Dusty's fault. Everyone will point to when he came into that extra innings game, and how he wasn't the same since. That might have had a little part to do with it, however he was getting older and having been in the tops in innings pitched for so many years he was due to start falling off. However I just don't think its right to say there is a 50/50 chance that he just wasn't that great isn't right. He was a fly ball pitcher in a homerun park, and still did great for many years for the Reds. It just never got the recognition because the Reds sucked during that time. He was a very good pitcher for the Reds, the last year in a half doesn't change that.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reds vs. Zambrano:

Stubbs: (2-5) .400 avg.

Renteria: (13-34) .382 avg.

Janish: N/A

Votto: (8-22) .364 avg.

Phillips: (9-43) .209 avg.

Bruce: (3-13) .231 avg.

Rolen: (8-45) .178 avg.

Gomes: (1-1) 1.000 avg.

Heisey: N/A

Lewis: (1-3) .333 avg.

Hernandez: (2-12) .167 avg.

Hanigan: (2-4) .500 avg.

Cairo: (2-8) .250 avg.

Total: (51-190) .268 avg.

Bailey vs. Cubs: 1-2 with a 7.65 ERA

Zambrano vs. Reds: 16-10 with a 3.06 ERA

Chapman needs to go to Louisville to work out his problem. They can't keep running him out there at this level. They easily could have lost those 2 games that he pitched in this week. The Red's brass has to reconsider the idea of moving him. He is doing the team no good the way he is.

:thumb:

Duncan is a clown..

Well, that is one way to describe him I guess. I have a few other terms that seem to fit him better.

You can't make this stuff up.

"A poorly conditioned mound bothered Chris Carpenter in the first inning"--St Louis Post Dispatch

"Lingering smoke from fireworks celebrating Ramon Hernandez' home run irritated him in the third"--St Louis Post Dispatch

I was going to say unbelievable but considering who we are talking about it is the norm.

I hope everyone who thinks Dusty is great was proud of him today. After three walks he went out to tell please throw strikes and left him in to walk another. I hope Dusty told him if he walks another, he is walking to Louisville.
I have always said that I don't have very much confidence in the way Dusty handles/or can't handle pitchers, he imo had issues with not handling pitchers with other teams.

I must say that he has this team playing very good baseball now. All seem to love playing for the man and that means alot imo.

:laugh:

Is there anything this guy won't complain about?

Obviously not. :lol:

:laugh: I Love it!!

I detest the Cardinals. Just want to be clear.

No one can fault you for that.

I know, and that is why I won't say it was Dusty's fault. Everyone will point to when he came into that extra innings game, and how he wasn't the same since. That might have had a little part to do with it, however he was getting older and having been in the tops in innings pitched for so many years he was due to start falling off. However I just don't think its right to say there is a 50/50 chance that he just wasn't that great isn't right. He was a fly ball pitcher in a homerun park, and still did great for many years for the Reds. It just never got the recognition because the Reds sucked during that time. He was a very good pitcher for the Reds, the last year in a half doesn't change that.

He had three years of an ERA below 4 his entire career and they were all right around 3.75. That isn't great IMO. Those years were good or maybe really good, not great. My point was maybe he wasn't going to be that good anymore.

He had three years of an ERA below 4 his entire career and they were all right around 3.75. That isn't great IMO. .

If we assume there are are 150 starting pitchers in MLB a 3.75 would have been in the top 1/3 last year for starters with at least 20 starts.

That is correct.

Stubbs has been on base at least 2 times in the last 8 games.

The light seems to be turning on in his head. He's been much more patient at the dish lately, and it's proving to be the right approach for him. I'd imagine quite a large portion of his walks on the year have come in the past 2 weeks as well.

The light seems to be turning on in his head. He's been much more patient at the dish lately, and it's proving to be the right approach for him. I'd imagine quite a large portion of his walks on the year have come in the past 2 weeks as well.

13 BB in April and 8 so far in May.

If we assume there are are 150 starting pitchers in MLB a 3.75 would have been in the top 1/3 last year for starters with at least 20 starts.

Thanks. Does top 1/3 make you great, really good, good or above average? My original point was Dusty got hammered for abusing starters and the only starter that could even think of complaining about Baker during his time in Cincy would be Harang. Possibly Harang just not being that good has as much to do with it as Dusty sending him out there in SD.