Where were you during the 9/11 attacks?

Pile Driver

I was a senior in college. I was suppose to start lifting again with a friend that morning but had over slept. As soon as the phone rang I knew it was him answed with I'm sorry I be there in a couple of minutes. He then told me to turn on my TV, when I asked what channel his response was " it doesn't matter"... Less than 10 minutes while we were on the phone the second plane hit.

I had tickets to the first ever regular season home game at Hienz Field against Cleveland the up coming Sunday, which was postponed to the end of the season.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You youngsters make me feel old. :lol:

Much like the Alan Jackson song, I was teaching a room full of kids that day. I was finishing up with 1st period Chemistry I when the kid that went around delivering the morning attendance sheet stopped in my room to tell me what had happened. I immediately turned on the TV. We saw the 2nd plane hit. That very same kid was in my 2nd period class and as we continued to watch the events as they unfolded. He would later become a marine and serve in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Many of my students were profoundly changed that day.

My classes watched the news all day. Our librarian went from room to room, making sure that each class had all proper cable connection cords so that every student in every classroom could watch history as it happened. I remember having powerpuff football practice late that afternoon and everyone stopping and looking up into the bright blue sky...at a single airplane flying high overhead. I can only assume that it was Air Force One.

8th Grade science class. I remember they just kind of let everyone out in the hall ways after it went down. Alot of the other kids went home but alot of us just went and watched the News on TV in various classrooms. I can never remember feeling like I did that day.

I was studying the Bible getting ready for a radio call in show and call in some comments, when an another caller said there was a plane crash on TV. I turned on the set and prayed, I thought it was a plane problem. I watched the TV all day. I called Mama at work.

It was my junior year of high school, got done taking a biology test. Looked down at my cell phone and read a text from the girl sitting next to me. She said "A plane hit the world trade center", and I looked at her and laughed because I thought what kind of an idiot runs into a building. At the time we didn't know it was a commercial plane I was thinking like a 1-2 person plane. Class dismissed, went to our next classes and that's when every thing started to hit the fan. They made an announcement over the intercom that teachers were to continue teaching and they disconnected the feeds to the class rooms. My teacher at the time was relatively young, about 25 or so, regardless I remember him saying this is very important and we need to be watching it, this was just after the second plane had hit. He took a couple of coat hangers he had in the class room and rigged an antenna. We all sat there and watched in disbelief as people ran, jumped, cried everything. I'll never forget that day, team meeting after school. Mom's all wanting their kids home, was just about the craziest feeling I think I'd ever felt up until then.