Rate the teams in the 10th region for next season

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to believe the 10th is wide open next year as most believe it will be and no mention of Scott? Losing their leader in Kellen Smith will be a blow, but they always seem to regroup and compete?

Brossart returns their two best players in Fardo & Saunders, along with starting center Jennings & sixth man Trentman, who fought some injuries last year. As someone stated above, they will be bringing up a very good freshman group and should be as deep as Coach Code wants them to be. With Jennings, Saunders, Trentman, Norton, Burns and soph to be Trentman they will have some good size for the first time in a couple years, along with potentially some soon to be sophs. Underclassmen Uebel, Reiger, and Verst figure to join Fardo at guard, along with some sophs as well.

Key IMO will be someone stepping up to run the team, as their lack of a true PG hurt at times last year--Uebel may very well be that guy, as he did a nice job directing the JV's last year? With size, depth (Can't imagine less than a 8-9 man rotation) and some good outside shooters, this team could be interesting as they develop & grow throughout the year. One thing for certain is that they will play some "D", and who earns playing time will be fun to watch in Alexandria next season.

Very good assessment. I think most people have them in the mix. You can never tell how their "grind it out" style works against some of the more talented teams but we'll see.

Hard to believe the 10th is wide open next year as most believe it will be and no mention of Scott? Losing their leader in Kellen Smith will be a blow, but they always seem to regroup and compete?

Brossart returns their two best players in Fardo & Saunders, along with starting center Jennings & sixth man Trentman, who fought some injuries last year. As someone stated above, they will be bringing up a very good freshman group and should be as deep as Coach Code wants them to be. With Jennings, Saunders, Trentman, Norton, Burns and soph to be Trentman they will have some good size for the first time in a couple years, along with potentially some soon to be sophs. Underclassmen Uebel, Reiger, and Verst figure to join Fardo at guard, along with some sophs as well.

Key IMO will be someone stepping up to run the team, as their lack of a true PG hurt at times last year--Uebel may very well be that guy, as he did a nice job directing the JV's last year? With size, depth (Can't imagine less than a 8-9 man rotation) and some good outside shooters, this team could be interesting as they develop & grow throughout the year. One thing for certain is that they will play some "D", and who earns playing time will be fun to watch in Alexandria next season.

I think Brossarts depth gives them the edge in the 37th next year. Fardo, Saunders and Jennings are a good trio to build around and they are very talented in the younger age groups. Look for Brossart and Campbell to start the season as top two teams in district but never count out a Brad Carr coached Scott team. Losing a 3 year starter at PG is never easy but they had a talented soph in Pouncey who got some varsity minutes last year and played very well in JV games. Only thing certain in the 37th is that by year end district games will be a dogfight and a pretty good team will be sitting at home watching regional games.

The biggest problem with a forum like this is that everyone is blinded when it comes to their home teams. I think the region will shake out with 3 or 4 teams truly considered the favorites in the end. This year will really put the coaches on display as the region is wide open. Based on that, I would def. give some of the stronger coaches an edge this year. Your traditional powers will compete for the title along with a few teams that haven't been able to do so in the past.

One team that surprises me that is not mentioned is Scott. I think everyone put them low at the beginning of the current year because they lost many key players from the previous year. This year is no different and I think you are going to see a very very competitive team when the regional roles around.

Harrison Cnty and Montgomery might be the top 2 with what they have returning

Then I would place Mason, Scott, Brossart, Campbell Cnty and Pendelton right (and I mean very close) behind them.

So Harrison blows a 20pt lead to the region runner-up, plays the regional champion closer than anyone in postseason, returns everything, and they hardly get a sniff of a chance on this thread to win the region? I'd say Coach Reitz is looking for one last run with this group.

I think the 10th Region will be very similar to how the 9th was this year. No clear cut favorite but 7-8 very good teams. Montgomery returns a good core, GRC has Rogers and the younger Stenzel, Brossart has Fardo/Jennings and Saunders, Scott should be in the mix as well with their up and down/good shooting team, Harrison County has a nice core of underclassman, PC returns Monroe and Antrobus along with a lot of fire and confidence. Campbell County has McGovney who could develop into the best player in the Region with his length and scoring ability.

Should be a good year to follow the 10th for sure.

So Harrison blows a 20pt lead to the region runner-up, plays the regional champion closer than anyone in postseason, returns everything, and they hardly get a sniff of a chance on this thread to win the region? I'd say Coach Reitz is looking for one last run with this group.

Shhhh! The Thorobreds like it like that!! Let a sleeping dog lye!!

• 2 weeks later...