Bishop Brossart 38 Augusta 36

Each school has 25 passes, not counting players and coaches. Thats a lot of freebies (225 for all 9 teams). Admission is $5 same as it is for the Girls All A and all the Post season games.
Do senior citizens get passes? Was talking to an older guy at the Fieldhouse the other night that was going to all of Mason County's games using that pass, man if that is the case there are lots of freebies at all of the high school games. Just wondering if those with admission passes get parking passes also to this tournament?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying they didn't before but I bet Augusta gained more respect with some Brossart players and fans. I know Coach Code respects the Panthers!

I'd like to know what Mustang thought about the charge call on Fraysure late in the game.:idunno:

Brossart has a lot of respect for Robin and the Augusta program. If you would have been in our practices for the past week, I think it would have become eminently clear that we were not taking the Panthers lightly. We only have to go back two years to remember a thumping we took from the Panthers in A-Town.

Our guys do a good job of standing in and taking charges. Often I get irked when they are not called. On the charge in question I really have no opinion, I was sitting at the scorers table and there was a mass of humanity, players and officials in front of me. Let me say this though, being a Brossart fan, I was happy they called it that way.

I told Robin earlier in the week that if we didn't win it, I thought it would be awfully neat to see the Panthers go to Richmond. I know how much something like that would mean to a town and program like Augusta's. Back in 2001, the Mustangs had just come off a season where we went to Rupp. Silver Grove was 17-0 coming into the championship game of the 10th A with our about .500 Mustangs. We beat them that night, mostly on our strength of schedule. It might be the only night in my tenure with Brossart that I truly felt sorry for the team we had just beaten. It meant everything to Silver Grove that year, and while it meant a lot to us, we had just been to the big dance.

When I asked Jamey Johnson what this year's A meant to Deming he answered with one word - Everything! He was a member of the 1998 Bracken County Polar Bears who beat a good Brossart team in the 10th A Finals and went to Richmond. The King boys are seniors, this is there last swing of the bat. Jamey wants nothing more than to share the great experiences he had as a player playing in the A state with his team. For our seniors this is a chance to make a mark on our program and contine a legacy. There are a lot of stories within stories this week playing out in Regents Hall.

Brossart has a lot of respect for Robin and the Augusta program. If you would have been in our practices for the past week, I think it would have become eminently clear that we were not taking the Panthers lightly. We only have to go back two years to remember a thumping we took from the Panthers in A-Town.

Our guys do a good job of standing in and taking charges. Often I get irked when they are not called. On the charge in question I really have no opinion, I was sitting at the scorers table and there was a mass of humanity, players and officials in front of me. Let me say this though, being a Brossart fan, I was happy they called it that way.

I told Robin earlier in the week that if we didn't win it, I thought it would be awfully neat to see the Panthers go to Richmond. I know how much something like that would mean to a town and program like Augusta's. Back in 2001, the Mustangs had just come off a season where we went to Rupp. Silver Grove was 17-0 coming into the championship game of the 10th A with our about .500 Mustangs. We beat them that night, mostly on our strength of schedule. It might be the only night in my tenure with Brossart that I truly felt sorry for the team we had just beaten. It meant everything to Silver Grove that year, and while it meant a lot to us, we had just been to the big dance.

When I asked Jamey Johnson what this year's A meant to Deming he answered with one word - Everything! He was a member of the 1998 Bracken County Polar Bears who beat a good Brossart team in the 10th A Finals and went to Richmond. The King boys are seniors, this is there last swing of the bat. Jamey wants nothing more than to share the great experiences he had as a player playing in the A state with his team. For our seniors this is a chance to make a mark on our program and contine a legacy. There are a lot of stories within stories this week playing out in Regents Hall.

Thanks Mustang! I have always respected you and your posts!

Great Game for Augusta! Played very hard. Had a chance to tie the game for OT but went for the win. I think it was the right call. Had a good look, unfortunately didn't go in for them. Very well coached and good game plan. They need to be proud.

BB played a little flat but turned it on and came from behind. \

Good Luck to both teams as they move on this season.

Does Brossart still run the 'picket fence' like they have for what seems like 20 years?:madman: Great game to have paid $3.00 to park and $6.00 admission, glad I didn't:ylsuper:

If we all go through our ashtray in our cars ,maybe as a group we can come up with enough change to pay his admission ,and for a box of tissues. I don't care if the game was 2-0 for a final , it was a great game to watch ,just a shame someone had to lose

The problem with coaches passes when you are trying to pay expenses is that they are good for EVERY COACH not just basketball coaches. So the Tennis Coach, Golf Coach everyone can come to the Basketball Tournament. The AD's decided to go to a 25 person pass list to eliminate a lot of freebies etc. They need to make a coaches pass for specific sports. I think we would all be open to basketball coaches getting in etc. Softball Coaches should get in every softball game etc. A study on the 9th Region one year showed a solid 25% of every admission was "Free." Thats why they eliminated passes. In just the All A Region we will have $1,680 just in game officials, not to mention workers, trophies, basketball to winner, all-tournament, security, and other items. A recent holiday trip to Showcase Cinemas to see True Grit I paid $7.50 for a ticket, $6.50 for Nachos, $5.50 for a drink for a total of $19.50 but restrained from the special drink cup for just a dollar more. I think $5 for two games is a bargain without being on a pass list. Still each school has the option of putting anyone on them they wish

Always a class act from ENK:thumb:

The problem with coaches passes when you are trying to pay expenses is that they are good for EVERY COACH not just basketball coaches. So the Tennis Coach, Golf Coach everyone can come to the Basketball Tournament. The AD's decided to go to a 25 person pass list to eliminate a lot of freebies etc. They need to make a coaches pass for specific sports. I think we would all be open to basketball coaches getting in etc. Softball Coaches should get in every softball game etc. A study on the 9th Region one year showed a solid 25% of every admission was "Free." Thats why they eliminated passes. In just the All A Region we will have $1,680 just in game officials, not to mention workers, trophies, basketball to winner, all-tournament, security, and other items. A recent holiday trip to Showcase Cinemas to see True Grit I paid $7.50 for a ticket, $6.50 for Nachos, $5.50 for a drink for a total of $19.50 but restrained from the special drink cup for just a dollar more. I think $5 for two games is a bargain without being on a pass list. Still each school has the option of putting anyone on them they wish
Big Green, may be you can answer my post from earlier. Do senior citizens get passes to this tournament or to any game in general, like I mentioned happened at the Fieldhouse and do coaches passes include parking passes for this tournament?Thanks for your feedback.

No senior passes for All A, District or Region. That is always a vote by the participating schools. There are no parking passes other than a very few limited to officials and workers each night. Parking is run by a seperate "Parking Authority" now at NKU and is not even controlled by Athletics. It is $3 per car. In this weather though a nice warm lighted and heated garage with security might be worth it.

No senior passes for All A, District or Region. That is always a vote by the participating schools. There are no parking passes other than a very few limited to officials and workers each night. Parking is run by a seperate "Parking Authority" now at NKU and is not even controlled by Athletics. It is $3 per car. In this weather though a nice warm lighted and heated garage with security might be worth it.
Are there senior passes for the regular season is what I should have said? Have never ever heard of this until the other day. If that is the case, I would almost say 50% of Bracken County and a good 25%-30% percent of Mason County regular season games have passes. Just wonder if this will be around when I get to be a senior citizen or will it be gone along with social security.:irked::madman::cry:

Does Brossart still run the 'picket fence' like they have for what seems like 20 years?:madman: Great game to have paid $3.00 to park and $6.00 admission, glad I didn't:ylsuper:

Code doesn't try to slow it down like Willie did. Sometimes when you play a team like Brossart that likes to really get after it on D it turns into a game like this.

Do senior citizens get passes? Was talking to an older guy at the Fieldhouse the other night that was going to all of Mason County's games using that pass, man if that is the case there are lots of freebies at all of the high school games. Just wondering if those with admission passes get parking passes also to this tournament?

Dude, stop begging for a handout. It's very unbecoming. You obviously have the internet, and the games are broadcast online. So if you don't have any spending money, listen for free.

Are there senior passes for the regular season is what I should have said? Have never ever heard of this until the other day. If that is the case, I would almost say 50% of Bracken County and a good 25%-30% percent of Mason County regular season games have passes. Just wonder if this will be around when I get to be a senior citizen or will it be gone along with social security.:irked::madman::cry:

You seem to be irked, confused, mad, and sad a lot in your posts. That's a tough way to go through life. It's high school basketball. Either pay a few bucks and watch, or choose not to.