$3.00 Parking at the 10 Region All A at NKU

dell

Before everyone goes piling up on us, (Brossart), I'd like to clear a few things up.

Does Brossart take a "fee" off of the revenues for hosting? I know in the past teams have taken this fee before the proceeds are split? Dell is under the impression that Brossart takes no such fee.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before everyone goes piling up on us, (Brossart), I'd like to clear a few things up.

When we contracted with NKU to host the tournament there, they said they would block off parking for us, but the first mention of a fee was at our meeting with the facilities coordinator last Wednesday.

Should have crossed your T's and dotted your I's before last Wednesday!!

Does Brossart take a "fee" off of the revenues for hosting? I know in the past teams have taken this fee before the proceeds are split? Dell is under the impression that Brossart takes no such fee.

You get a fee for running the tournament. Yes, I will agree with you. But from that fee comes your expenses.

I won't be going then, am sure admission will be $7 and bottled water $5, just another reason to love those Northern Kentucky schools. Being old school, for me the 10th region stops at Pendleton County. Wish Brossart, Campbell County,Scott,etc. would just go where they belong(in the 9th). Wish the 10th region would pick up some 16th region teams and go with it. Northern Kentucky is just Southern Cincinnati.

Unfortunately, that is probably a wide-spread feeling. We didn't ask to be placed in the 10th Region, however it has worked out well for us and we have worked our tail ends off for 13 years to be good citizens of the 10th.

Admission fees are a flat $5 and concession prices will be the same as they were when NKU played their games at Regents Hall.

Those that hate us will continue to hate us regardless of how hard we try to be accepted and an asset to the region. That's the way it is. We can please some of the people some of the time, but we will never please all of the people all of the time - Hate away!!!!!

Edited by Mustang

I've got to say that this is the funniest thread ever. It's Brossart's turn to host the tournament and their gym is too small, so they go to the trouble to get NKU so all fans can get in and watch the games. And people complain about it. What a spoiled country we live in. Regents is a great place to hold the tournment, I wish the 9th would have thought of it.

My memory might not be the best, but when the tournament started in the 80's and was hosted at Regents Hall, everyone loved it. It is like going back to the original roots of the tournament. I would think the kids are excited to play on a college floor. I am not a Brossart fan, but I think you have to admire the way they have put forth the extra effort to make the tournament special. If it was only about money, I am sure they would make a lot more by going to CCMS. Why doesnt everyone take in a game and reserve judgement after the experience?

I too find this thread comical. You give each school the right to host the tournament, but yet set a seating minimum that you know certain schools can't meet. When it comes time for one of those schools to host the tournament, you expect them to just pass up that right, and hand it over to one that can meet that minimum. Why not just keep the tournament on a set rotation at the schools with the largest seating capacities, similar to how the 9th region was done for years prior to BOKC?

I won't be going then, am sure admission will be $7 and bottled water $5, just another reason to love those Northern Kentucky schools. Being old school, for me the 10th region stops at Pendleton County. Wish Brossart, Campbell County,Scott,etc. would just go where they belong(in the 9th). Wish the 10th region would pick up some 16th region teams and go with it. Northern Kentucky is just Southern Cincinnati.
And this is why SO many dislike those in the northern middle of the 10th. :sssh::cool:

Brossart has every right to host this tournament when it's their turn. Just because 4 other teams chose not to host doesn't make Brossart selfish! I really don't think a $3.00 parking fee should prevent anyone from attending this tournament. The students will probably have 4-6 in their cars when they come, which would be 50-75 cents each. I'm sure they will put on a tournament that the players and fans will really like.

I think the real problem is most teams/fans don't want to travel to NoKy for this tournament, which is may be legit. NoKy is a 9th region area geographically. However, Brossart was placed in the 10th Region by the KHSAA and they have to play with the hand they were dealt. I'm sure Brossart is proud of how they will conduct this tournament, as they will do a great job.

I've got to say that this is the funniest thread ever. It's Brossart's turn to host the tournament and their gym is too small, so they go to the trouble to get NKU so all fans can get in and watch the games. And people complain about it. What a spoiled country we live in. Regents is a great place to hold the tournment, I wish the 9th would have thought of it.

I agree! Some are the same complaining about the 10th region at NKU a couple of years ago! Funny thing is, the two schools who had the longest drives didn't complain. People were complaining about the parking, the bigger gym/arena, and the kicker was the concession prices, only to find out a year later those people never ate at the concessions at Mason, here they go out to eat first or after, lol.

Here is an idea, CAR POOL! Can some pay 25 or 50 cents more each? Or just stay home! The events are about the KIDS!, Not the adults in the stands, and kids want to play on a larger college floor/arena, even at Regents!

:thumb:

Brossart has every right to host this tournament when it's their turn. Just because 4 other teams chose not to host doesn't make Brossart selfish! I really don't think a $3.00 parking fee should prevent anyone from attending this tournament. The students will probably have 4-6 in their cars when they come, which would be 50-75 cents each. I'm sure they will put on a tournament that the players and fans will really like.

I think the real problem is most teams/fans don't want to travel to NoKy for this tournament, which is may be legit. NoKy is a 9th region area geographically. However, Brossart was placed in the 10th Region by the KHSAA and they have to play with the hand they were dealt. I'm sure Brossart is proud of how they will conduct this tournament, as they will do a great job.

I think you hit the nail on the head here? I've spent tons of $$'s on gas wondering to the far reaches of the 10th region from NKY for years, and now Brossart's trying to put on a first class tourney, and somebody's complaining about NKU's decision to charge $3.00 to park?? Give me a break--Stay home and listen to the broadcasts for free then.

My memory might not be the best, but when the tournament started in the 80's and was hosted at Regents Hall, everyone loved it. It is like going back to the original roots of the tournament. I would think the kids are excited to play on a college floor. I am not a Brossart fan, but I think you have to admire the way they have put forth the extra effort to make the tournament special. If it was only about money, I am sure they would make a lot more by going to CCMS. Why doesnt everyone take in a game and reserve judgement after the experience?

:thumb::thumb:

I agree! Some are the same complaining about the 10th region at NKU a couple of years ago! Funny thing is, the two schools who had the longest drives didn't complain. People were complaining about the parking, the bigger gym/arena, and the kicker was the concession prices, only to find out a year later those people never ate at the concessions at Mason, here they go out to eat first or after, lol.

Here is an idea, CAR POOL! Can some pay 25 or 50 cents more each? Or just stay home! The events are about the KIDS!, Not the adults in the stands, and kids want to play on a larger college floor/arena, even at Regents!

:thumb:

I am from one of those schools that had the longest drive and no complaints here.

I also hate to see comments of the Northern Schools not part of the 10th region. I am glad that they are in our region.

I am sure that BB will host a wonderful tourney. I am orginally from a very small school and I sure wish they had an All A that we could have played in.

$3 Dollars for parking? Come on if your going to complain about something make it something bigger and more relevant than 3 dollars to park. From the long post by Mustang earlier Brossart is working their butts off and doing everything they can to make this a great tournament and I think they will do a great job.

If the 3 dollars for parking is really eating at you, park across the street in a neighborhood and walk to Regents and enjoy some great basketball.