Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

armsrace

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by armsrace

  1. My guess is that Dave Faust (St. Henry) has the longest tenure currently at one school.
  2. Sorry to see him go. He was a class act.
  3. Thought Justin Doellman (Ryle & Xavier) should be there also.
  4. Simple answer. No chance! 2 teams are most likely. IMO
  5. One other person I just heard about, was let go was Bob Jones the Athletic Director was let go a couple of weeks ago.
  6. If this was a firing, it’s another ridicules decision made by Campbell County Administration! They have a proven coach that wins everywhere he has been and has not to my knowledge ever had a losing season as a head coach or as an assistant. This is why Campbell County is a joke of a school district. They have so much flux in their coaching positions. When they do have a good coach, they LET HIM GO!!! UNBEILIEVABLE! From a friend of mine, that has a kid in Campbell County schools, told me that in the past year they have had the following: New baseball, softball, tennis, swim/diving, soccer, volleyball, wrestling coach (posted), and now boy’s basketball. Who would want to coach at a school like this? Coach Code in my opinion is an outstanding coach that has a .600 WINNING PERCENTATAGE. Just looking on Riherds and saw: Record of 18-11, 16-11, 15-10 (49-32 overall .604%) Fist year – Went to the Region (18-11) Second year- Won the AIT (16-11) Third year – Had another winning record, and win against State Semi-finalist Mason Co. (15-10) I’m sure another school will be calling Coach Code very soon and offering him a position.
  7. This is high school sports. It’s played by kids, officiated by people that have other professions, and it is suppose to be for fun for everyone, however we want to crucify people and "fire them" for mistakes in officiating, coaching, and other nonsense. Let’s stop trying to make high school sports like colleges or the pros and actually let the kids enjoy it for what it is. There is no need for Replay.
  8. I would agree with most of those rankings, but I would put Ryle higher. Perhaps up to 4th or 5th.
  9. The ACT should have a record of his scores. I think they keep scores for at least 5 years upon completion of the test.
  10. Ballard the favorite to win state? They are my choice.
  11. I can now see why coaches get out of the profession by their own decision!!!
  12. Hasn't Coach Code won every year he has been at Campbell? 18-11 15-11 15-10 Close to a .600 winning percentatge. Coach Code has done something (winning 3 straight year) that no other Campbell Co. Coach has been able to do in the past 15-20 years. I think he and his staff have done a GREAT JOB!!! Keep it up Coach Code!!!
  13. If anyone has updates during the game, please post. Should be a great game.
  14. With all the cancellations, some players might not hit this milestone. Many schools are going to loose between 1-3 games due to snow, and that mean 50-60 points for that player.
  15. Congratulations to Coach Goetz and the Indians.
  16. Anyone have a box score on this one?
  17. I saw the article in the newspaper, and saw some of the other venues that were in consideration to host the All-A in the upcoming years. For the life of me, I have a hard time understanding basic logistics. With the lack of events that the Bank of Kentucky (NKU) is drawling in, why would they not bid for the opportunity to host a good size event for 4 straight days. This has to be better than "Walking with Dinosaurs," "Sesame Street Live" and other productions. With the success that Northern Kentucky Teams have had in the history of the tournament I think the tournament would draw very well at NKU and make some significant money. With the addition to several hotels that have been recently added to the Wilder exit; I think Northern Kentucky would make a great host.
  18. Looks like many people will be attending the early games on Friday, and watching the NCAA games that night (esspecially if UK or UL are playing that night).
  19. This is common for people to go on stupid tangents about things that don't even apply to the game. Please posters.....stick to the game and not worry about all the other little stuff that people want to make a big deal about nothing! Please let's get back to the game.
  20. 1) Absolutely! There is no consistency to schedules anymore. 2) I also agree ticket prices have gotten out of hand. I don't mind them for adults, but I think student prices need to be no more than 2-3 dollars. 3) One other thing I think hurts the crowds is the web broadcasts, radio, and this web site. It is very convenient to sit at home and listen to broadcasts on-line, or get updates on the game. Many people can keep up with their team and not have to pay for it, or go out and travel in the cold.
  21. I'm sure schools can get in a jam at times with workers, so I don't have a problem with a coach at the table. However with that said, all coaches know that you can not say anything at the table, and I would think a strong official would say something to the coach about his coaching/comments. Officials need to be strong and make tough calls if they want to be successful. This is one case an official should have taken control of the situation and tell the coach that it is prohibited to coach from the table (provided the officials heard him coaching).
  22. Does this district make the first game played determine seeding, or is it Home & Home and a combination of the two games?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.