Holmes 67 Dixie Heights 64

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A bunch of fouls called in this one I heard. Pittman had his usual Windmill dunk also.

I am somewhat surprised that a team like Dixie took them to the wire. Holmes seems to struggle against physical teams in the past though and Dixie is a physical team for sure.

Scoring summary unofficial.

Holmes

Pittman- 23

R-Johnson- 22

Herndon- 8

Slusher-8

Avery- 2

J-Johnson-2

Hayes 2

Holmes didnt have any 3's.

Dixie

Pike-15

Raleigh- 14

Hatton-10

P.Stansberry-9

Stahl- 7

Smith-7

B.Stansberry-2

Five 3's for Dixie- P.Stansberry-2, Hatton-1, Smith- 1, Stahl-1

Didnt they just BLOW Scott out the other night?

I understand what your saying but they usually turn it on at Tournament time.

Yes they did but if you look at their overall schedule and see how they have faired, I think most people would be disappointed with them. However, its easy to say that as I know they are still in the running to compete for a State Title.

A bunch of fouls called in this one I heard. Pittman had his usual Windmill dunk also.

I am somewhat surprised that a team like Dixie took them to the wire. Holmes seems to struggle against physical teams in the past though and Dixie is a physical team for sure.

Hit that right on the head. There were only two players on the court prepared to deal with Dixie's physicality tonight and it was the 2 stars that Holmes has. Dixie played very physical, frustrated Holmes, often led to turnovers and when not they put Holmes on the line and Holmes stuggled knocking down free throws at times tonight. Dixie had a heck of a game plan to deal with a "soft" Holmes team and it nearly worked. When Holmes is not playing confident, hard, and focused, they can be beat by anyone, but I think that is the game for every team in the state. Holmes has just struggled with there focus and effort a lot more than some of these other teams this year. As far as getting it on track, I think they are on track, they didnt blow teams out last year either, true a 3 point win to Dixie is close for comfort, but see the double digit wins vs Newport, the 34 point win vs Scott as evidence that they are good, when they play there type of ball.

Over 30 fouls called in this game. Wow

Holmes was 27/39 from the line.

Dixie made a higher percentage 15/19 but got 20 less attempts.

No easy looks for Holmes, Dixie hammered the dogs on every break away or look under the basket, that is the reason for some many free throws, there was also a Tech on Pittman, and an intentional foul on Dixie in this one, and another foul that resulted in JJ getting hammered in the face, and he and a Dixie player having to be pulled away from each other by both coaching staff's. It was a physical game.

Dixie had 4 players foul out and still almost pulled the upset.

What 4??? I was there and was only aware of 2 players fouling out, Pike with 4 minutes to go and big #45 with under a minute. You are going to have players foul out when you approach a game like them. Big 45 picked up his 4th in the first half and continued playing. I dont think the coach cared because that's the style they had to play in this one

This was a good game to watch. Dixie and Holmes played extremely physical all night. I don't think that Holmes was not focused , I just think Dixie brought something more than what they expected. Dixie played above average tonight, probably one of their best games of the season. I was surprised that Pittman did not recieve a second technical when the two teams had to be seperated. He was not in the game during that time and he rushed the floor. The only player to do so for both teams. I thought that was automatic. However I am not 100% sure on that kind of call. Good game overall. Holmes is exceptionally talented and Dixie played with alot of heart.

Hoosier, The reason I say Holmes wasn't focused was because of the amount of unforced turnovers, several passes that sailed out of bounds, 3 traveling calls on Pittman, just alot of things that were there against Ryle but not vs. Majority of there schedule this year.

Dixie played there best game of the year tonight, I agree they showed up, they had a plan, and it was executed very well by the players and staff. They deserve credit for how they played and I will not take that away from them.

As far a Pittman, I feel that he could have gotten another Tech when he came off the bench, it is supposed to be called I believe. I think in that situation though the ref's didn't want to disqualify him from the game, he never got within 30 feet of the scuffle, and when the ref looked his way he immediately returned to the bench and sat next to his coach. I think he got away with one there, but I also think the kid from Dixie that came across the bridge of JJ's nose got away with one too... I think the ref's sorted everything out well and got the game back under control quickly.

This was a good game to watch. Dixie and Holmes played extremely physical all night. I don't think that Holmes was not focused , I just think Dixie brought something more than what they expected. Dixie played above average tonight, probably one of their best games of the season. I was surprised that Pittman did not recieve a second technical when the two teams had to be seperated. He was not in the game during that time and he rushed the floor. The only player to do so for both teams. I thought that was automatic. However I am not 100% sure on that kind of call. Good game overall. Holmes is exceptionally talented and Dixie played with alot of heart.

:thumb: Tonights game was very high in attendence. I could hardly find a spot to park. Dixie played very well tonight. Holmes didnt play bad either. Dixie's student section was huge!!! But one problem...they were so quiet until about 5 minutes left in the game. Then the whole gym started rocking. I havent been to a louder more physical game this season. When Pittman missed his throw down dunk the gym went crazy. If Pike doesnt foul out with almost 7 minutes to go I think Dixie wins this game. Pike was dominating tonight. It doesnt show it really with his points but whenever Dixie needed a basket, he did the job, if he doesnt foul out he easily scores 25. Also 8th grader Brandon Hatton didnt score until the 3rd quarter. He came to be very clutch with Dixie down 5 with about 30 seconds left he got the ball at the 3 point line pump faked and drew the foul and got the basketball. He converted the old fashion 4 point play. To sum everything up Dixie brought it tonight and would have beaten alot of teams in NKy today. Great game to attend.