Holmes 67 Dixie Heights 64

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many posts to quote that I've read, so I'll just go off of the points that I remember:

- Zeke Pike played well offensively but it was more of him being in the "right place, at the right time" than him making nice moves against a defender. He was in foul trouble because he couldn't defend Pittman down low. Pittman was a step too quick for him and that's why he picked up a couple fouls on the floor. Pike looks like he's gotten bigger since last year, weight wise. I seem to remember him being thin last year.

- For those of you who say Dixie wins if Pike doesn't foul out, let's not forget that Pittman spent his fair share of time on the bench last night. When Dixie made their run to take the 3 or 4 point lead, it was with the big guy on the bench because of a tech after the Ricardo Johnson dunk. Both teams had questionable calls against them, but let's not play the whole "if this kid isn't in foul trouble" card because that goes both ways. Officiating was horrible last night both ways. Neither team could get in the flow of the game because any time they'd make a nice run, a foul was being called next possession.

- Other than the Jeremiah Johnson incident, there was also a very hard foul by I believe #4 on Ricardo Johnson on a break away. Ricardo kept his cool though and also did a nice job of calming JJ down after the hard foul on him. Speaking of the foul, that not only should have been intentional, but also a T on Stansberry. JJ got fouled on the floor by a different player and 2 or 3 steps later was knocked down hard. Stansberry also clapped in Pittman's face while walking down the court after he missed that dunk. Had that been Pittman after he made a dunk, he probably would've received a T. Dixie's whole strategy last night was to play physical and try to get in the Holmes' guys heads. It worked to an extent but Ricardo Johnson took over down the stretch and that was the difference in the game.

Both teams played hard last night though and outside of the amount of fouls that were called, it was an entertaining game. I'd compare this to the Holmes/Scott game of last year.

Pike didn't get in foul trouble because of Pittman he guarded Pittman maybe 2 or 3 possesions and neither scored on one another. Its just a shame that the refs didnt let them play and not call so many light contact fouls.

Pike didn't get in foul trouble because of Pittman he guarded Pittman maybe 2 or 3 possesions and neither scored on one another. Its just a shame that the refs didnt let them play and not call

so many light contact fouls.

At the beginning of the game Pike was on Pittman. When he got in foul trouble, that's when the switch was made to put him on Rice instead.

At the beginning of the game Pike was on Pittman. When he got in foul trouble, that's when the switch was made to put him on Rice instead.

Pike didn't start out on Pittman.

#32 Raleigh did. Short strong kid. It was mind-blowing that Holmes kept hoisting 3s when he had a 6 inch height advantage.

Pike didn't start out on Pittman.

#32 Raleigh did. Short strong kid. It was mind-blowing that Holmes kept hoisting 3s when he had a 6 inch height advantage.

Raleigh, Pike, and Smith all three defended Pittman at one point or another. Raleigh was on him when Pike came out.

Raleigh started out guarding Pittman. I agree with Clyde that Holmes did a poor job of exposing the heighth advantage. Dixie rotated different players against him as the early foul trouble situation developed. I remember at least 5 players that ultimately guarded him.

I agree that all took a stab at him. I'm just saying that Raleigh drew him first.

Raleigh did have him first, he picked up 2 quick, they then switch to Pike, and once he picked up 2 they put the other kid on him. They used alot of fouls on Pittman and I think that was part of the game plan.

When Dixie was on Defense Pike Gaurded Rice and J. Johnson and they put #32 on Elijiah. Pittman guarderd Pike on the offensive side.