Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SK coaching thoughts

Featured Replies

I heard recently that long time coach John Finn will no longer lead the Neers into battle. This would appear to be a good coaching spot. 800 boys in the school and nice facilities, any young assistants in the area that may be a consideration?

  • Replies 31
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure there will be plenty of interest. A nice opportunity to get to state out of the 8th region. Good luck to Coach Finn as he moves on. Although he never won that elusive regional title, Finn won alot of ball games at SK.

Sorry to see him go. He was a class act.

I would hope that Coach Norton would be the leading candidate to get the spot. He has been with the organization for 15+ years and would be an excellent choice in my opinion. My understanding is that this happened several weeks ago, but I haven't seen any postings for this anywhere. I wonder how many people even know to send their resumes in for this position? It will be interesting to see who gets the position and what direction the program goes. Coach Finn established a good base and the new coach should have some talent to work with. Good luck to Finn and good luck to whoever gets the position.

I would hope that Coach Norton would be the leading candidate to get the spot. He has been with the organization for 15+ years and would be an excellent choice in my opinion. My understanding is that this happened several weeks ago, but I haven't seen any postings for this anywhere. I wonder how many people even know to send their resumes in for this position? It will be interesting to see who gets the position and what direction the program goes. Coach Finn established a good base and the new coach should have some talent to work with. Good luck to Finn and good luck to whoever gets the position.

 

The job has been posted on KHSAA for a couple of weeks.

Does anyone have any info on where they are on this job? Have they started interviews or are they even going to interview, with Coach Norton on the list?

Last I heard, they haven't started official interviews yet (including Norton). Not sure what they hold up is, but I would expect some movement soon.

  • Author

It will be odd to see SK without coach Finn. As a high school athlete I was often intimidated by his scowl but then I coached with him and became very fond of him. He gave a ton to the school and I still call the field Finnway park which is ironic since he's such a huge Yankees fan.

It will be odd to see SK without coach Finn. .

 

 

I played against him in 1980. I'm old. He's really old.

I have to think this is a very attractive position. Nice facilities. Big school. 8th region.

Just heard today that the job went to Troy Roberts of Scott!! Way to screw things up SK! Totally missed out on not having Norton as Head Coach. How they let a man who lived and breathed SK baseball go is beyond me!!?? Nothing against Troy, but this smells bad for SK. Something tells me they wanted to clean house and rid themselves of the Finn era! Nice to see that loyalty means something with them (NOT!)

Troy is a good man and will definitely go about things the right way with the program. With that being said, I disagree with just how solid of a coach Troy is. There were numerous, numerous rumblings within the Scott program of how much they actually learned and improved in the game of Baseball under his tutelage.

 

Just advice from me but if Troy wants to have success at SK, I suggest he go out and hire a solid Pitching Coach as Scott as he hardly ever worked with the pitchers or affiliated with them at Scott.

That's it? Nothing else? He was a coach at SK for 17 years! If he did have baggage, why did they keep here there that long? And was this "baggage" different because he would be the head coach now? I not sure I buy it! I hope Troy has much success at SK, because I still have good feelings about the program, but don't expect this guy to be there to support an administration that treats good people this way!

Norton was the Head Coach at Holy Cross sometime in the 90's, left that job and I think teaching to be an assistant at SK?? I guess someone with more info on why can inform us on what happened.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.