Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SK coaching thoughts

Featured Replies

The Norton issue aside, Troy Roberts is a great hire. He will do an outstanding job at SK. Not long ago, he led Scott to 2 straight regional finals (and had to get out of a pretty tough district before that). I would be more concerned right now if I were a fan of Scott, not SK.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admin at SK know what they are doing, and made the right call. It's a new day in Independence. Opponents of the choice need only wait 9 months to see the result.

The Norton issue aside, Troy Roberts is a great hire. He will do an outstanding job at SK. Not long ago, he led Scott to 2 straight regional finals (and had to get out of a pretty tough district before that). I would be more concerned right now if I were a fan of Scott, not SK.

 

There are quite a few people out in Taylor Mill that are glad he is done. During those years, many felt that Scott underperformed given their talent. They did have a couple injuries that did limit them in some respects but many thought that he should've done more with the talent he had. The biggest thing I thought he lacked while he was there as a solid pitching coach to work the players. There were some who didn't need it but most of the others did and it showed too.

There are quite a few people out in Taylor Mill that are glad he is done. During those years, many felt that Scott underperformed given their talent. They did have a couple injuries that did limit them in some respects but many thought that he should've done more with the talent he had. The biggest thing I thought he lacked while he was there as a solid pitching coach to work the players. There were some who didn't need it but most of the others did and it showed too.

 

Troy comes from a coaching tree that values pitching and defense. My take (from my front row seat) would be that there might be a faction in Taylor Mill who either don't know the game or are/were jilted over playing time or other internal matters. Great hire for SK, and best of luck to Scott. Me and Mrs. Wildcat will be cheering on both teams from right here in our corner both. We see no evil and speak no evil. Hearing it? Now that's a different story.

There are quite a few people out in Taylor Mill that are glad he is done. During those years, many felt that Scott underperformed given their talent. They did have a couple injuries that did limit them in some respects but many thought that he should've done more with the talent he had. The biggest thing I thought he lacked while he was there as a solid pitching coach to work the players. There were some who didn't need it but most of the others did and it showed too.

 

Getting to two regional title games is no easy feat. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I do believe Scott has only reached the finals two other times in the schools history, prior to Roberts. One in the 90s and one in the 80s, Roberts did it twice.

Did some searching. Before Troy, Scott reached the regional finals in 1988 (won), 1989 (lost), and 2000 (lost).

Nice Guy not a very good coach i hear. Heard he and staff screwed a bunch of talented players at Scott. Just what ive heard.

Nice Guy not a very good coach i hear. Heard he and staff screwed a bunch of talented players at Scott. Just what ive heard.

 

It can't be both. He can't be a nice guy if he "screwed a bunch of talented players."

Nice Guy not a very good coach i hear. Heard he and staff screwed a bunch of talented players at Scott. Just what ive heard.

 

I've been around athletics for a long time, and I've never seen a coach intentionally screw talented players. Makes no sense. With a couple of recent regional finals appearances, I'm going to assume Coach Roberts knows what he's doing. Every program has disgruntled players and parents who overestimate the ability of former little league all-stars.

I'd like to see Troy go after Tony Runion as his pitching coach. Or even a guy named Scott Sims. They all played together at Boone Co. So maybe this can happen.

Tony and Scott probably know what they are doing but, Troy was a pitcher also. I am sure that is one of his strong suits.

I know that Troy was a pitcher, I played baseball against him for years and with him at BC. But he has more important things to worry about then pitching. Tony being a former MLB pitcher and Scott a junk ball pitcher I think these two or one of them would help the program a lot.

I know that Troy was a pitcher, I played baseball against him for years and with him at BC. But he has more important things to worry about then pitching. Tony being a former MLB pitcher and Scott a junk ball pitcher I think these two or one of them would help the program a lot.

 

Tony Runion did not pitch in the Majors.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.