Mike Brown is a successful businessman

I don't see it as greedy but rather operating as low financial risk as possible so that there is more for his family. Remember his family has no other means of financial resources that I know about. They don't have deep pockets.

Are you really serious???? This "team" alone is valued at $ 675 million, and they've profited tens of millions per year for quite some time now. Mikey & family were given the team by Daddy, so I'm not sure what your definition of deep pockets is, but pushing 3/4 of a billion qualifies in my book??

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't the Bengals listed as like #6 or so in most profitable NFL franchises?

That would support my point that he IS doing what works. But his focus is on profit and jobs for his family and them and probably even their grandkids being set for their lives.

NOT what works to win championships.

Two facts on the Bengals in Mike Brown's tenure have been (1) they've consistently ranked near the top of the NFL in profitability and (2) near the bottom of the NFL in wins!!

My question would be........How much money is worth trashing your father's legacy and the team/business that he so proudly built?? :idunno:

Two facts on the Bengals in Mike Brown's tenure have been (1) they've consistently ranked near the top of the NFL in profitability and (2) near the bottom of the NFL in wins!!

My question would be........How much money is worth trashing your father's legacy and the team/business that he so proudly built?? :idunno:

That's why I think he is just trying to do it his way. That is the only thing that makes sense.

The guy amazes me. Why in the world would anyone be so set in their ways if their ways fail at an amazingly high rate? This town loves football, and you'd think any owner would bend backwards to give the fans what they want and deserve. Nothing is going to change until he is gone and even when that happens we have no guarantee from the ownership. Would Katie take over or would it be Pete?

Something that each Bengals' fan has to accept.

He runs a football team as a business to help support and provide jobs for his family.

If any of us were starting a business of any sort and knew our family was going to be involved, our #1 priority would be: Providing financial stability for our family while making a profit.

His goal is NOT to put a winning football team on the field. That would be a great side goal but in reality, it is not what his first inclination or what he strives to do.

First and foremost he wants to provide for his family.

Can't say that 1) you can fault him for that; 2) he has not done an excellent job with that.

Sell the team and feed his family.

Are you really serious???? This "team" alone is valued at $ 675 million, and they've profited tens of millions per year for quite some time now. Mikey & family were given the team by Daddy, so I'm not sure what your definition of deep pockets is, but pushing 3/4 of a billion qualifies in my book??

Valued at is not meaning that is money they can draw on to run the team. That is the value to sell the team, is it not?

Wasn't the Bengals listed as like #6 or so in most profitable NFL franchises?

That would support my point that he IS doing what works. But his focus is on profit and jobs for his family and them and probably even their grandkids being set for their lives.

NOT what works to win championships.

I know, that was how you started the thread. W/ that I agree. However, that is not the same as being "succesful." He is not. He is cheap and lucky.

Sports owners in this country are, on the whole, a pretty disgusting and awful group of people. But remember Bengals fans, it could be worse... you could have Dan Snyder.

Good point. Which is more maddening? Do you want the owner who refuses to do anything to improve his franchise, or do you take the guy that micromanages everything and routinely signs the wrong player for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy too much money? Do you prefer greedy or stupid?

You are delusional if you think that she is going to change one thing. She's the one who negotiates the rookie contracts. That has gone over pretty well.

It has really. She has done a fine job with that. They have had some holdouts(Smith) but part of that was in thanks to Oakland giving an absurd contract.

Pretty sure there was an article where she said she would hire a GM if she took over the team ever. I forget where I saw it, I will see if I can find it.

It has really. She has done a fine job with that. They have had some holdouts(Smith) but part of that was in thanks to Oakland giving an absurd contract.

Pretty sure there was an article where she said she would hire a GM if she took over the team ever. I forget where I saw it, I will see if I can find it.

She has said more than once that she was in favor of a GM...:thumb: