Mike Brown is a successful businessman

You still have to produce a good product at McDonalds, you can't serve people chicken when they order a cheeseburger. You have to do business the right way or people will go to Wendy's or Arbys or Taco Bell. The NFL is a different beast because of revenue sharing. Owners make money before they even sell a ticket to a game. McDonalds needs people to keep buying and buying to make money. Even when the stadium is half full he is still making money.

Not a 100% sure of how McDonald's operates but believe they provide the food for you to sell. People are going to continue to go to McDonald's even if the food is average.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see it as greedy but rather operating as low financial risk as possible so that there is more for his family. Remember his family has no other means of financial resources that I know about. They don't have deep pockets.

Neither do the Rooney's and they seem to be ok. You're not going to sell me that he is a successful business man. I deem a "successful" business man as one who is self-made, or actually is one of the premier producers in his company. Mike Brown is neither.

That isn't even a comparison. We're talking economies of scale here. There isn't a geographical alternative. An NFL team is too big to be able to just start, not to mention the awarding process. If you hate how the McDonald's in Newport is, you drive 2 miles and you eat at the one in Bellevue. If you hate the Bengals, but love live NFL football, you have to drive 2 hours to Indy, if you can get tickets.

Closest McDonald's from our McDonald's is a 25 minute drive away.

Neither do the Rooney's and they seem to be ok. You're not going to sell me that he is a successful business man. I deem a "successful" business man as one who is self-made, or actually is one of the premier producers in his company. Mike Brown is neither.

I have made the point that I believe part of the Bengals' fan hatred of the Steelers is envy. They see a successful organization that is NO DIFFERENT than what they should have here.

Closest McDonald's from our McDonald's is a 25 minute drive away.

Ok, but you have Wendy's, you have Burger King. There isn't the Bengals and the good team in town.

I'm not an overly violent man, but I would punch Mike Brown in the face and not feel bad about it. I can't believe that people still buy tickets. He just sits in his office and laughs at those people.

Ok, but you have Wendy's, you have Burger King. There isn't the Bengals and the good team in town.

I'm not an overly violent man, but I would punch Mike Brown in the face and not feel bad about it. I can't believe that people still buy tickets. He just sits in his office and laughs at those people.

Closest Burger King is 25 minutes away.

Closest Wendy's is 25 minutes away.

I will agree with you that it is amazing that there are people who still root for his team and somehow think he is going to change things and lead them to victory.

Wasn't Mike Brown the only owner to vote against the present labor deal.

Hasn't there been rumblings from the owners now that the present labor deal was not a good deal for them?

Mike Brown voted against it b/c it raised the salary cap. HE'S GREEDY. Also, of course the owner's are going to say that the present labor deal was not good for them, they are entering negotiations as the deal expires. What are they supposed to say, "That last deal was great for everyone, but we want to make more money, so the players need to take a 20% cut."?

Closest Burger King is 25 minutes away.

Closest Wendy's is 25 minutes away.

I will agree with you that it is amazing that there are people who still root for his team and somehow think he is going to change things and lead them to victory.

Defition of insanity. If they ever do win the Super Bowl under Brown it will be for 2 reasons. A. The team caught lightining in a bottle just like Arizona did when they made the Super Bowl, or B. Brown finally decides that he wants to quit defacating on his father's name and build a winner from the front office out. I believe that "A" is really the only way that it happens.

He might be greedy but I don't think that is why he doesn't have more scouts or a GM.

Come on, the man graduated from Cornell Law. He is not dumb enough, nor stubborn enough to look around at all of the other top organizations and not take note of what works and what doesn't. He's a thief, not a stubborn old man.

Edited by mexitucky

Come on, the man graduated from Cornell Law. He is not dumb enough, nor stubborn enough to look around at all of the other top organizations and not take note of what works and what doesn't. He's a thief, not a stubborn old man.

Wasn't the Bengals listed as like #6 or so in most profitable NFL franchises?

That would support my point that he IS doing what works. But his focus is on profit and jobs for his family and them and probably even their grandkids being set for their lives.

NOT what works to win championships.