• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Score by quarters:

Holmes: 23-32-22-11-- 88

St. Henry: 9- 6-14-15-- 44

Holmes played reserves from the 6:00 mark of second quarter to half. Hayes had 23 at this point.

Start of second half Holmes built a 72-22 lead (11-0 run in first 2mins of second half) then every starter was on the bench at around the 4 min mark of third quarter.

Fourth quarter Holmes moved the lead out to 84-29 and Booher put in the last 5 on the bench at the 6 min mark of quarter and they simply ran time off the clock to keep from hitting 100. St. Henry closed the game on 15-4 run to give you the final.

I realize it was St. Henry but Holmes press looked extremely good. Chris Hayes was a man among boys out there. He did it all...3 point shooting, mid range jumpers, lay ins, tip ins, steals. rebounds, and even added a nice two hand dunk for good measure. He had to have been near double digits in steals tonights. Very active defensively.

Unofficial scoring for Holmes:

Hayes 28, Palmer 12, Mayfield 9, Rice 8, Gray 6, Amison 6, Lewis 6, Knox 4, Peterson 4, Reese 3, Hoskins 2

Holmes 23 32 22 11 88

St. Henry 9 6 14 15 44

Holmes (2-0) -- Amison 6, Reese 3, Patterson 4, Hayes 28, Gray 6, Rice 8, Palmer 12, Knox 4, Mayfield 9, Lewis 6, Hoskins 2.

St. Henry (0-2) -- Wischer 5, Schwarte 4, Dedden 7, Patula 11, McLaughlin 3, Meiman 3, Fox 8.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/1537435/latest-boys-basketball-results.html?appSession=501899461311047&RecordID=6930&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=#ixzz17fplj9pO

Palmer had a real nice game also, he is going to be a good one for the Dogs, also heard the make up game against Lloyd is next Thursday at Holmes.

Palmer looks a lot like Jamel Riley as a soph....silky smooth with the rock, nice looking shot, and extremely quick and athletic.

The future looks bright for Holmes with Rice, Knox, Palmer, Lewis, and Peterson all returning next year.

Knox is a brut down low and Rice continues to show unreal athleticism at both ends of the floor.

Holmes 23 32 22 11 88

St. Henry 9 6 14 15 44

Holmes (2-0) -- Amison 6, Reese 3, Patterson 4, Hayes 28, Gray 6, Rice 8, Palmer 12, Knox 4, Mayfield 9, Lewis 6, Hoskins 2.

St. Henry (0-2) -- Wischer 5, Schwarte 4, Dedden 7, Patula 11, McLaughlin 3, Meiman 3, Fox 8.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/1537435/latest-boys-basketball-results.html?appSession=501899461311047&RecordID=6930&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=#ixzz17fplj9pO

Wasn't very impressed with Meiman. He was virtually a non factor against Holmes when he was in against their starters and key reserves. He looked very uncomfortable against their quickness and athleticism. Not sure if he was in foul trouble or not but he spent much of the game on the bench.

#22 (Fox?) has a nice shot from outside for the Cru.

Just how good is this Holmes team? Anyone moving them up from their preseason ranking?

I will move them up when they beat a Top 5 team. Until then I have them in the bottom 5 but they are playing very well this early in the season.

The only thing that separates Dixie, Conner, and Boone from Holmes is their size.

Holmes has the guards to play with and beat those three, but doesn't have the inside presence to stop those three defensively.

But then again, the way Holmes runs and presses, I think their uptempo style will give both Conner and Boone fits. Holmes style is one that really takes away the opposing teams' big man.

I'd say Holmes is a legit #4. NOBODY in the 9th region will keep Hayes in single digits.

We should know more this Sat when Holmes plays a strong Aiken team that has a few players getting D1 looks.

At some point you gotta show some sportsmanship and it probably should have been when they went up by 30 in the first half. Booher is not making many fans if hes pulling that crap and hes going to get a kid hurt possibly also. I dont care who you are if a team is pressing you up forty thats when you start getting ticked and may let the elbows fly. jmo

Booher-Ball is the real deal and I'm a believer! Remember... this is the style that earned Shelby Valley some serious hardware last season by winning both the All 'A' and the Sweet 16. Not a small feat. Aside from the 2009 Bulldogs winning State and a very few other examples, the 9th Region has traditionally lacked what it takes to gain much ground at the State Tournament level. Perhaps Booher-Ball can prompt the 9th Region as a whole to elevate its style of play from average, slow, and lackluster to electrifying, dynamic, and exciting. I'm not completely dissing the 9th Region because from within it has always been an excitingly competitive region, but competing with Sweet 16 powerhouses is a whole different story. 9th Region coaches may now have to rethink their game plan and be forced to step things up, and if Booher-Ball prompts this, more power to him. I think it can only help better prepare teams from this area for when it comes time to play with the big boys. It's a refreshing change that is long overdue.

Booher-Ball is the real deal and I'm a believer! Remember... this is the style that earned Shelby Valley some serious hardware last season by winning both the All 'A' and the Sweet 16. Not a small feat. Aside from the 2009 Bulldogs winning State and a very few other examples, the 9th Region has traditionally lacked what it takes to gain much ground at the State Tournament level. Perhaps Booher-Ball can prompt the 9th Region as a whole to elevate its style of play from average, slow, and lackluster to electrifying, dynamic, and exciting. I'm not completely dissing the 9th Region because from within it has always been an excitingly competitive region, but competing with Sweet 16 powerhouses is a whole different story. 9th Region coaches may now have to rethink their game plan and be forced to step things up, and if Booher-Ball prompts this, more power to him. I think it can only help better prepare teams from this area for when it comes time to play with the big boys. It's a refreshing change that is long overdue.

Booher is just dealing with the hand he was dealt and its typically a hand with tons of athletes over at Holmes. He knows what he is doing and pressuring teams all over the court will cause disruption but there are a lot of well coached teams who know who to break a press and Booher better develop his bench so he has depth once tourney time comes. Using 5-7 players to press all over the court all year long can wear on teams.