Which Coaches Whine the Most?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the other side of the style spectrum, I thought Coach Henley from Holmes conducted himself very well. He was supportive of the players, coached but did not overly tear them down and kept sideline antics against the refs to a reasonable level. The refs seemed to pay attention when Coach Henley got on them, as opposed to coaches who rode them every trip down the court.

Agree completely. His biggest asset is that he doesn't try to show the officials up when he has a point to make. Most times you don't even know he is saying anything. Officials appreciate that a great deal, and will listen a lot more when it is handled that way.

Edited by FRONT OF THE RIM
spelling

I believe, without question, that Coach Wright at South Laurel probably whines and works the officials more than anyone I've ever seen. I've personally witnessed his griping and whining to the officials turn a good basketball game into a whistle fest among the referees. Nearly all of those instances end up with South Laurel gaining the advantage. His tyrades helped keep St. John in many games he should have fouled out of. I guess one could say that if it helps his team win,

he is just a good coach. No, I'm not a Corbin fan, just a basketball fan without an agenda.

I would agree, in fact, his whining kept his team close last night against Whitley. With a 14 point deficit, Wright called TO and did nothing but berate on official who immediatley called two violations on Whitley and two fouls....down to 4 point deficit. Now that is effective "coaching"

• 5 weeks later...
I generally think pretty much all the coaches gripe and complain too much, if they spent all that energy coaching, they would be miles ahead.

Obviously your not a coach.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13