Which Coaches Whine the Most?

I would like to see a thread started as to which FANS whine the most. I was at the Holmes / Brossart game last night and couldn't believe what I heard.

Lots of discussion about the refs in the final score thread of that game.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know his name, but Scott Co.'s coach had something to say every trip down the court. Kind of funny in that he argued equally about calls that were made and calls that weren't made.

I can honestly say Coach Hicks has been really laid back the last two years.

I believe, without question, that Coach Wright at South Laurel probably whines and works the officials more than anyone I've ever seen. I've personally witnessed his griping and whining to the officials turn a good basketball game into a whistle fest among the referees. Nearly all of those instances end up with South Laurel gaining the advantage. His tyrades helped keep St. John in many games he should have fouled out of. I guess one could say that if it helps his team win,

he is just a good coach. No, I'm not a Corbin fan, just a basketball fan without an agenda.

On the other side of the style spectrum, I thought Coach Henley from Holmes conducted himself very well. He was supportive of the players, coached but did not overly tear them down and kept sideline antics against the refs to a reasonable level. The refs seemed to pay attention when Coach Henley got on them, as opposed to coaches who rode them every trip down the court.

Allen Feldhaus (Madison Central) doesn't whine, he just blows his lid on refs. He sometimes just loses control.

I agree 100% and I think it has cost his team a win in a few close last second calls. Jr. has not yet acquired the same respect that Sr. had when he was a coach.

Jim Hicks hands down..... watched him whine at Greenup Co. and at Bath Co. Not sure where he is now. someone said maybe Grant Co.

You need a whole box of tissues for all of his whining..

I've watched coach Hicks lately and he's been rather calm with the ref's to say the least. Never heard much about how he challenges his players but, they know if you ain't in someone's jock....u be gettin some pine time!!