UPS Slogan Change: Worst Decision in Company History?

titletownclown

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being in the logistics business for close to 20 years and in charge of a logistics budget of $15m+ annually I can honestly say I have never chosen a freight forwarder because I liked their slogan. I can also tell you that UPS, FedEx and DHL used to be way above the other shipping companies, but over the past 3 years they are all about the same, and that isn’t a good thing. My advice, if you need to send anything domestically, just use the United States Postal Service, trust me, they are no different that the Big Boys.

How about combining the slogans into "We ♥ Brown Logs For You"?

For the record I use FedEx. UPS needs to change its slogan to "We will tell our drivers again to NOT leave your packages out in the weather in full view of all you neighbors and everyone else who passes by your house."

How about combining the slogans into "We ♥ Brown Logs For You"?For the record I use FedEx. UPS needs to change its slogan to "We will tell our drivers again to NOT leave your packages out in the weather in full view of all you neighbors and everyone else who passes by your house."

Love it!!!!

I don't know. I was whistling Amore just this morning because I had seen a UPS commercial last night.

When it's planes in the sky for a chain of supply, that's logistics.

When the parts for the line come precisely on time, that's logistics.

A continuous link that is always in sync, that's logistics.

Carbon footprint reduced bottom line gets a boost, that's logistics.

With new ways to compete there'll be cheers on Wall Street, that's logistics.

When technology knows right where everything goes, that's logistics.

Bells will ring, ring-a-ding, ring-a-ding, ring-a-ding, that's logistics.

There will be no more stress 'cause you've called UPS, that's logistics

Kind of catchy if you ask me.

Never understood the whiteboard guy. He reminded me of a salesman we had that thought he knew everything about everything. He'd come in with his Birkenstocks on, no socks, shaggy hair, and laid back look, give a whole lot of advise and sell nothing.

Every time I heard "What did brown do for you?", I'd check the bathroom.

I do a lot of shipping and constantly have problems with UPS. In my experience, their standard ground shipping is slower than FedEx's, more inconsistent (on the late side), I've only had damaged packages through UPS, I'm sporadically left InfoNotices instead of packages, forced to wait in excessive lines at their distribution centers, and waited in lines at centers to be told packages were already trailored despite calling to confirm their availability. And that's been my experience living in a couple of different places across the US. I've never once had a problem with FedEx. I do all of my outbound shipping with them, and it's almost to the point where shipping through UPS will be a dealbreaker for my business.
UPS has long been saddled with cumbersome contracts with the Teamsters Union. Fed Ex has fought unionization-especially with the Teamsters-at every turn stating that such an arrangement would make their business less efficient, less reliable and less financially feasible. From what you say, there could be something to that.

How about combining the slogans into "We ♥ Brown Logs For You"?

For the record I use FedEx. UPS needs to change its slogan to "We will tell our drivers again to NOT leave your packages out in the weather in full view of all you neighbors and everyone else who passes by your house."

They should hire you as the consultant for marketing. At least that is catchy.

Wish they would put out more commercials of the dude drawing stuff. Love those commercials.

me too, I had read somewhere he was actually the guy that came up with the concept. I liked the originals better, before they started using computer imagery to changes the whiteboard.