UPS Slogan Change: Worst Decision in Company History?

titletownclown

UPS went from "What can Brown do for you" to some indeciperable slogan about logistics. The marketing consultant (if there is one) that came up with this should be severely beaten. I've worked in large and small businesses (including owning one) for 20+ years and can't remember a worse slogan overhaul than the UPS change.

Agree or disagree?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it doesn't really matter when their only accurate slogan would be "UPS: When You Really, Really, Really Can't Use FedEx. Even The Post Office Would Be Better, Honestly."

I personally use UPS for all my needs, business and personal, and they've been brilliant.

I personally use UPS for all my needs, business and personal, and they've been brilliant.

I do a lot of shipping and constantly have problems with UPS. In my experience, their standard ground shipping is slower than FedEx's, more inconsistent (on the late side), I've only had damaged packages through UPS, I'm sporadically left InfoNotices instead of packages, forced to wait in excessive lines at their distribution centers, and waited in lines at centers to be told packages were already trailored despite calling to confirm their availability. And that's been my experience living in a couple of different places across the US. I've never once had a problem with FedEx. I do all of my outbound shipping with them, and it's almost to the point where shipping through UPS will be a dealbreaker for my business.

I do a lot of shipping and constantly have problems with UPS. In my experience, their standard ground shipping is slower than FedEx's, more inconsistent (on the late side), I've only had damaged packages through UPS, I'm sporadically left InfoNotices instead of packages, forced to wait in excessive lines at their distribution centers, and waited in lines at centers to be told packages were already trailored despite calling to confirm their availability. And that's been my experience living in a couple of different places across the US. I've never once had a problem with FedEx. I do all of my outbound shipping with them, and it's almost to the point where shipping through UPS will be a dealbreaker for my business.
Huh, I guess not everyone has the good luck with UPS that we have. We've been using them for 30+ years and have very little to no problems with them and never had a package damaged to our customers or us. FedEx and the Post Office on the other hand, I can't say the same.

In all seriousness, at our location we receive any where from 10-30 packages per day from them. And we ship out the same every day although the shipping is normally lighter on avg. I will say that we have not had very many problems with late deliveries. Normally if they are late it means the package is lost. The biggest headaches we have had with UPS is damage and the way UPS handles it. We have had them deliver empty boxes to us before. The box had been busted open at some point, all the parts have fallen out, the box was taped back up and delivered. I can't really comment on FedEx or USPS as we don't do enough with them.