Mitt Romney working hard for the 2012 nominee

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'd think he'd have to be Muslim, Catholic and Jewish to accomplish that. :D

Anything to appeal to a wider demographic, I guess.

I just don't believe that Mr. Romney leans away from the center enough to get the Republican nomination in this political climate. Stranger things have happened, though.

Anything to appeal to a wider demographic, I guess.

I just don't believe that Mr. Romney leans away from the center enough to get the Republican nomination in this political climate. Stranger things have happened, though.

If John McCain got the Republican nominee....Romney can.

With a Liberterian candidate not being a feasible option, Romney is once again my choice for POTUS. He's not only the best option IMO, he's got the resume and record that shows he can get he economy turned around.

I agree. I think he is the best option for the GOP to win back the White House.

And his Mormon faith doesn't effect my political opinions of him at all. Getting the country pointed in the right direction his what matters.

Romney's biggest hurdle w/ most Republicans will be/has been his history on the abortion issue.

Even with this issue, he is way more conservative than McCain and voters like him. He has a better resume as well. I pray to the heavenly father that Sarah Palin does not run. If I hear her say "common sense republicans" or "you betcha!" one more time.....well it would be just as annoying as it always has been.

Romney's biggest hurdle w/ most Republicans will be/has been his history on the abortion issue.

McCain moved really far to the right to get the nomination. So far he turned off moderates and Independents that liked him for his shall I say his "Mavericky" stances on things like immigration reform and campaign finance reform.

I think Christians would side with Romney the Mormon over Obama the Catholic due to who they think can get the job done. They are not going to vote on who is christian and this will prove it.

The whole reason he didn't get the nomination last time was because of his Mormon faith. The religious right made sure of that.

So because your religion's "one man" supposedly came back to life, that makes it more believable than another's religion started by one man? That makes zero sense.

I don't know. Personally, I'd be more inclined to believe a man who rose from the dead, I think. :D

I didn't say I don't believe in it. Just can't stand when people dismiss another faith, and elevate their own as the "one sure religion". Because at the end of the day, regardless of what we believe, none of us really know for sure. I see no reason for people to belittle the faith of others.

Solid.:thumb: