Mitt Romney working hard for the 2012 nominee

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UK Mustang, we are told in scripture to warn others of their Sins, Ezekiel 3:15. either a person believes or they don't. For non believers...What if I'm right about the Bible, and have eternal rest, and a non gets what, now if there is no Salvation, I'm equal with the Non.

Then that's there problem. People don't need, nor want other people acting all righteous and telling them what they should belief. You (generally used, not you AL) believe what you want, let me believe what I want.

Then that's there problem. People don't need, nor want other people acting all righteous and telling them what they should belief. You (generally used, not you AL) believe what you want, let me believe what I want.

Though I am sure that this is true for you and many others, I have known several people that have been "hungry" for spiritual guidance.

Becoming a true Christian and living my life daily as I'm taught in the Bible is very very very hard. But, I couldn't imagine living any other way.

And I respect others who choose not to believe the same as me, thats one thing I love about my Faith, we shouild respect other and their beliefs, and that gets back to the thread topic. I asked my wife the same question about Mitt and she just looked agt me.

Not to speak for AL, but I think he's saying it's his duty as a Christian.
I'm speaking specifically about this part:

What if I'm right about the Bible, and have eternal rest, and a non gets what, now if there is no Salvation, I'm equal with the Non.
To me that doesn't seem like he is speaking of a duty. From that, I don't think it's too out of whack to ask if he is equating it to a "safety net".

Back to the original topic...

I'm a devout Christian, but in all honesty I can say that my hesitancy to support Mitt Romney has nothing to do with his being a Mormon. My personal view of him is that he took stances on certain issues when it was politically expedient for him in Massachusetts. And now that he is presumably seeking the Republican nomination for 2012, he is taking a more conservative stance on the same issues (namely, abortion).

I've always respected politicians who tell me what they think, as opposed to what they think I want to hear.

1) Christians judge everyone at all times. Is it being judgemental if I'm simply stating a fact?

2) Catholicism is a sect of Christianity, so I guess I fit right in. :D

Teachers teach students that they need an education to better themselves. Is that being judgemental?

Christians teach that the Bible says these lifestyles are sins and that even themselves are sinners that need to be saved.

Both teach, why is one being judgemental and the other not unless your opinion is slowly based on you don't agree with the latter?

So, you would be against the education system that teaches students a belief that they need education to succeed in life?

There are several beliefs, some are spiritual/religious, some are not. You just disgree with one and then call them hypocritical. It's just you disagree with it.

Teachers teach students that they need an education to better themselves. Is that being judgemental?

Christians teach that the Bible says these lifestyles are sins and that even themselves are sinners that need to be saved.

Both teach, why is one being judgemental and the other not unless your opinion is slowly based on you don't agree with the latter?

Though I would word it a little better, statistics support the first one.

Though I would word it a little better, statistics support the first one.

Please show me the stats that an education better oneself. Or are you using a belief system that you would support of better earnings over the lifetime? Because than we are back to promoting one's belief system over another. I don't believe a Bill Gates has a better life than I do.

My point is that our life is full of promoting a belief system over another. Not that education is bad for a person.