How many players are home grown on your football team ?

What about the supposed influx of Kentucky players from Louisville to Coach Redman's Jeffersonville team? True or not?

I don't know anything about Jeffersonville .

I'm assuming this is a rebuttal ?

Why does some people think that having transfers as a bad thing ? Wouldn't you think it would be a good thing for the student and for the school he's going to be attending . Isn't that great for the community , knowing that kids want to come and live and play sports for your team.

I would take that as a compliment , the best compliment ever , for a community!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City Schools can pick up players from all over, Like I said before Highlands has the best football in the State of KY and Ohio for the size of School they are. But a lot of there star players were from other areas, Rob Smith Bellevue went to the pros, Smith Silver Grove went to KY, Highlands QB coach went to Ky, Mitchell pros, Malley great player Draut basketball, Frich great running back. Kids what to play on a winning team.

City Schools can pick up players from all over, Like I said before Highlands has the best football in the State of KY and Ohio for the size of School they are. But a lot of there star players were from other areas, Rob Smith Bellevue went to the pros, Smith Silver Grove went to KY, Highlands QB coach went to Ky, Mitchell pros, Malley great player Draut basketball, Frich great running back. Kids what to play on a winning team.

You've named only a handful of players over a span of almost 30 years. Can we call that "a lot?"

I don't know anything about Jeffersonville .

I'm assuming this is a rebuttal ?

Why does some people think that having transfers as a bad thing ? Wouldn't you think it would be a good thing for the student and for the school he's going to be attending . Isn't that great for the community , knowing that kids want to come and live and play sports for your team.

I would take that as a compliment , the best compliment ever , for a community!

I'll be honest, I've been mulling this over, and the only kid that I can remember who could be called a transfer into Trinity, one that didn't start there as a freshman, would be Cody Wolfe, who transferred this year from Florida, and chose Trinity because his father is an Alum.

I know a few who lived in Indiana, and some who lived in surrounding counties. But I know of none that didn't begin their high school careers at Trinity.

Geez, dennis12b, at least spell some of their names correctly if your going to call people out by name. All or most of the kids you mentioned came to HHS for a reason, be it academic, to be closer to a divorced parent, parents worked at the school, etc. Not everything is black and white or as simple as wanting to go to HHS because of football. Besides, I think you missed a few, truth be told. I won't list them, because that is between them and their tution paying parents.

You've named only a handful of players over a span of almost 30 years. Can we call that "a lot?"

The ones that stand out the most, are the individuals who transfer midway through their HS careers. The only one who had been accused of transferring illegally was Mitchell and that is still being fought to this day. I don't have much of a problem with the kids "transferring" to Highlands out of their respective PeeWee system; such as many players out of the NKYFL that moved to Ft. Thomas, allegedly, to play football. The parents of these boys want a winning experience for their sons. But I would say more than 15% of Highlands team is not home grown, and by that I mean went to a Ft. Thomas Middle School in 6th-8th grade. People don't happen to move to Ft. Thomas with 14 year old boys...

Really the biggest bunch of malarky is people thinking that Highlands is the only high school that gets good players to transfer there just to play football. Why are you so upset , did I hit a nerve ?
So it's a Highlands thing. I get it now.

Here's my take on those that clamor "homegrown". If they'd check into their kids pedigree, there's someone on the roster who either moved in or attended another school along the line. It's all hogwash in the end. Homegrown is a myth.

So it's a Highlands thing. I get it now.

Here's my take on those that clamor "homegrown". If they'd check into their kids pedigree, there's someone on the roster who either moved in or attended another school along the line. It's all hogwash in the end. Homegrown is a myth.

I'll buy that !! It goes great with our mythical championships !! :D

Edited by rockmom
Fixed quote

I would say that at least 99% of the Fort Campbell players have been involved in another school district. I am leaving some room for the rare exception to the rule, but because of how the Army works, it is highly unusual and very difficult not to have transfer on a team. Here at Fort Campbell, most of the players are involved in the Clarksville, TN schools prior to moving on post.