How many players are home grown on your football team ?

Every year someone asks , how many star players at Highlands are transfers . So , I thought I would start a thread just for that reason. If you need some school names to start , lets see ,Trinity , NCC , Lou X, Cov- Cath may be interesting. Anybody ready to let us know how many transfers are on your team. Lets hear it ! :D

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but this thread isn't going to be good for anybody involved.

First off, you mentioned only "private" schools. Where are they suppose to get kids from. They have a geographical area much larger than most which I have no problem with. I'm confused here. Are you saying that CCH should only draw from Park Hills. And NCC only draw from Newport. Again makes no sense to me. Really, sorry but just not a fan of this. Talk about opening a "can of worms" HAHAHA. Did Guru put you up to this? LOL!!!

Oh, and to answer your question. About 95% are home grown for my team.

Everyone knows that HHS and Beechwood get some really good transfers into their system, and it's no big deal. They are both great academic institutions and have great football tradition. So, if your boy is a good football player and you want to increase his chances of getting a championship ring, then you should seriously consider sending him to one of these programs. You may also choose private, this is a personal decision, and as long as it's done within all of the KHSAA rules, no one should have any issues with your decision. Personally, I like the true home grown championships that are accomplished when people least expect them, karma championships.

Every year someone asks , how many star players at Highlands are transfers . So , I thought I would start a thread just for that reason. If you need some school names to start , lets see ,Trinity , NCC , Lou X, Cov- Cath may be interesting. Anybody ready to let us know how many transfers are on your team. Lets hear it ! :D

Generally speaking, one usually answers the question first before asking it of others.

Mayfield's are all home grown. I like the thread but the privates will howl

Not being familiar with that geographical area at all...are there any choices (w/highly competitive athletcis) for a kid if the family prefers a different, perhaps better, option?

Homegrown. Single dumbest moniker I've ever heard in high school sports and I'd guess that here in Ky may be the only place on God's green earth that it's used. I'll venture a guess that if you truly checked, there are less than 5% of schools who have a team, who in totality, have kids who have never, ever been to another school. The funny thing is that if a family moved in for some reason, you almost get the notion that they'd not allow him to play because he wasn't "homegrown". Biggest bunch of malarkey I've ever heard in my life.

Mayfield's are all home grown. I like the thread but the privates will howl

So, you're positive beyond a shadow of a doubt that not one kid has ever been in another school, for instance Graves Co. system. I don't know, I'm just asking.

Well first he asked how many transfers..........................Most kids who "move in" are not transfers.............Tendency is to move before 9th grade year.

Secondly...............................by naming all prviate schools I am sure somehow there is an agenda with that.

Third......does home grown mean they have lived there entire lives in that district?

Fourth..................most private schools draw from a large area so I would assume most of those kids are "home grown" since they live in the "legally defined" area that they draw from.

Fifth..................................if you define "home grown" talent as living their entire life in a district then you are going to be in for a surprise when if you really looked at it the more transient districts have kids bouncing back and forth all the time due to renting, closing of complexes, etc. Has nothing to do with recruiting but socio economics.........................

What happens a multitude of times is Player 1 lives in City A renting an apartment. Gets evicted rents another apartment in City B....................Tendency is to never change the address thus never switches districts. Now all the kids and most adults know he is not living in City A anymore but they also know he is half way through a season on his team and it is not his fault they have to keep moving. So he continues to play and go to school in City A.................................Chances are they will move several more times before he graduates but he will never change schools.