How many players are home grown on your football team ?

Well every school gets transfers..........People do move...... Not sure what is trying to be accomplished in this thread. I have re read this and still do not see anybody saying Highlands has X amount of "transfers" Transfers to me being defined as someone who has to fill out the paperwork which is anybody who moves after 9th grade year whether they are a football player, swimmer, or cross country runner..............

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Homegrown. Single dumbest moniker I've ever heard in high school sports and I'd guess that here in Ky may be the only place on God's green earth that it's used. I'll venture a guess that if you truly checked, there are less than 5% of schools who have a team, who in totality, have kids who have never, ever been to another school. The funny thing is that if a family moved in for some reason, you almost get the notion that they'd not allow him to play because he wasn't "homegrown". Biggest bunch of malarkey I've ever heard in my life.

Really the biggest bunch of malarky is people thinking that Highlands is the only high school that gets good players to transfer there just to play football. Why are you so upset , did I hit a nerve ?

Sorry but this thread isn't going to be good for anybody involved.

First off, you mentioned only "private" schools. Where are they suppose to get kids from. They have a geographical area much larger than most which I have no problem with. I'm confused here. Are you saying that CCH should only draw from Park Hills. And NCC only draw from Newport. Again makes no sense to me. Really, sorry but just not a fan of this. Talk about opening a "can of worms" HAHAHA. Did Guru put you up to this? LOL!!!

Oh, and to answer your question. About 95% are home grown for my team.

No Guru did not put me up to this , but I'm sure he is proud of me. :D If this thread gets out of hand , I'm sure he will close it.

I take pride in my son's playing on the same team that their grandfather played on, and with alot of other guy's that are doing the same. But I'm also more than happy to get new people from other places that help not only our football team, but add to the community in other aspects. I'm proud of our home grown guy's but I don't think they mind seeing some new faces when it happens.

Who cares????

If the kid is going to that school. Should it matter where, when or why? It's between her/him and the parents.

Just play the game!!!

we play a team tonight that has about seven or eight players from another state that transfered in I'm sure just for sports.(JMO) But that is their school now. Did it make them better? Your darn right! But it was all legal. So why do people cry?

Okay on a roster of 70......if 95% are homegrown that leaves only 3.5 players that could have moved in...........I do not think anybody has a roster that is 95% homegrown much less your team. Especially in Northern Ky. where moving two minutes away means moving school districts (vs lets say a large county area without all the independent districts in it). That is defining home grown as having grown up in your school system from lets say 3rd grade on up.

Seriously though you are providing nothing on this thread you started as to what you are trying to accomplish other than getting somebody to agree that Highlands is home grown talent or tto try to get somebody to say Highlands is a bunch of transfers which again a transfer cannot happen until 9th grade so your example of a Kid from indiana going to Trinity after 8th grade is NOT a transfer. It sounds to me based on other threads that Fairview may have quite a few "transfers"............

Do you have a point??????????????

If the kid went to a grade school/middle school in Indiana, but then chose to attend Trinity for high school, how would that be a transfer?

I would not consider it a transfer,from 8 to 9th grade .You are absolutely correct .How many other players do you have, that do not fall in that category ? Few or many ?