Belfry 42 Middlesboro 21

BelfryJustice

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess our cheerleaders just aren't doing their job getting the crowd pumped up. :confused: I'm just kidding, don't send me hate mail.

Does anyone have anything to say about the game or our performance? Or are we going to just complain about the fans all day? :D

I listened to the game over the phone and through the radio! Is that a nursey rhyme? I just think that Maynard has been a game breaker all year. He was a work horse in this game! May had maybe the game of the year for him! I would like to know from someone that was at the game, what was the deal with all the fumbles on both sides? I was thinking that the game was moved up the road and played in the MUD! What are we doing that makes us turn the ball over so much or was it something that Middlesboro was doing?

I listened to the game over the phone and through the radio! Is that a nursey rhyme? I just think that Maynard has been a game breaker all year. He was a work horse in this game! May had maybe the game of the year for him! I would like to know from someone that was at the game, what was the deal with all the fumbles on both sides? I was thinking that the game was moved up the road and played in the MUD! What are we doing that makes us turn the ball over so much or was it something that Middlesboro was doing?

I was at the game...Really can't say why we fumble the ball so much the last few games has been this way...

Does anybody else have real concerns about our run defense between the tackles?

I do, but I haven't any suggestions on what to do about, from a personnel standpoint. But I noticed last night in particular that no one but our DE's were playing assignment football. The interior line was getting sucked in on the misdirection plays and had they been at home where they were supposed to be you get either a minimal gain or a big loss.

The linebackers aren't scraping very well, they have to be more physical, and the tackling from all but a few is poor (trying to be nice). :madman: A lot of that may come from not a lot of tough games, but from this point on we'll be seeing good football teams and the way we tackled last night just isn't gonna cut it. :irked:

As ironic as this may sound, IMO, a physical football team will give us all we want and then some. And I mean that on either side of the ball, but especially from a defensive standpoint.

Watusi,

I am not as concerned with our run D between the tackles as our wide D. D ends MUST contain! Middlesboro has very athletic skill guys and exploited the Pirates somewhat in that area.

2nd half, Belfry's D stiffened IMO. I would have liked to seen the offense convert a few more 3rd downs. If we are to go all the way, we will have to maintain possession of the football.

Overall I was pleased with the Pirates. We need to work hard in practice this week on special teams. I was particularly pleased with the efforts of Aarron Chapman on Defense. He played with a lot of emotion, especially in the 2nd half. We started string out that option and took it away from Middlesboro. Also Kohari played much better in the 2nd half, and I was proud to see him respond after a lack luster 1st half.

What can you say about Matt Maynard, he just keeps dominating, even as the competetion gets better. Dustin May showed a glimpse of his ability. He will be awesome running from the tailback spot in future. Overall, Great job Belfry! :thumb:

As for the fans, I was loud. I have a bad tendancy to get a little down on the kids. I have improved in that regard. Now, if I get on to one of the boys, I make sure to encourage at the same time. I know the coaches get in their butt, but what can I say.

Again, Great Job!

The major thing that concers me about this team is they just wont wrap up and tackle. They try to arm tackle and against a good back it beats them. In all honestly it hur us against SC, Middlesboro, even SV. I feel we would have beat Ironton if we would ahve quit arm tackling and gave Henry CLay a better ball game than we did. Our guys just need to quit tryin g to tackle them with the arms and hit them and wrap them up. Im sure Coach Haywood has been working with them on this and driviing it in their head.

The cheerleaders have to cheer in a specific area because they can't go anywhere inside the thirty yard line on either side of the fifty yard line. That area is designated for players, coaches and staff. I'm SURE that our sponsors know this, that's why they cheer where they do.

I do, but I haven't any suggestions on what to do about, from a personnel standpoint. But I noticed last night in particular that no one but our DE's were playing assignment football. The interior line was getting sucked in on the misdirection plays and had they been at home where they were supposed to be you get either a minimal gain or a big loss.

The linebackers aren't scraping very well, they have to be more physical, and the tackling from all but a few is poor (trying to be nice). :madman: A lot of that may come from not a lot of tough games, but from this point on we'll be seeing good football teams and the way we tackled last night just isn't gonna cut it. :irked:

As ironic as this may sound, IMO, a physical football team will give us all we want and then some. And I mean that on either side of the ball, but especially from a defensive standpoint.

EVERYONE has talked about our tackling being so poor this year! Somethings got to change if we're going to make it on to state :fight:

The cheerleaders have to cheer in a specific area because they can't go anywhere inside the thirty yard line on either side of the fifty yard line. That area is designated for players, coaches and staff. I'm SURE that our sponsors know this, that's why they cheer where they do.

They go to the other end at times, they just spread completely out. They have also split up before and half cheer on one end and half cheer on the other.

One thing I have heard A LOT of complaints about is and I have to agree... The people seated on the school side of CAM had NOT purchased tickets near the pep section where they could be with the cheerleaders, the pep section, band and the noise while they were at Vipperman. The ticket holders on the conncession side of CAM HAD season tickets near the pep section, band and where they could watch and cheer with the cheerleaders while at Vipperman. Then when purchasing season tickets at CAM , the faithful ticket holders had the privlage of (and thats fair!!) keeping their same seats as vipperman assuming ....I mean IMO and from Ive heard from others, not all, but most people purchased tickets in specific areas for a reason. Now those who were in the middle of the excitment are not, and those who were away from the big noise are right in the middle of the band, pep section and cheerleaders... :confused:

They go to the other end at times, they just spread completely out. They have also split up before and half cheer on one end and half cheer on the other.

One thing I have heard A LOT of complaints about is and I have to agree... The people seated on the school side of CAM had NOT purchased tickets near the pep section where they could be with the cheerleaders, the pep section, band and the noise while they were at Vipperman. The ticket holders on the conncession side of CAM HAD season tickets near the pep section, band and where they could watch and cheer with the cheerleaders while at Vipperman. Then when purchasing season tickets at CAM , the faithful ticket holders had the privlage of (and thats fair!!) keeping their same seats as vipperman assuming ....I mean IMO and from Ive heard from others, not all, but most people purchased tickets in specific areas for a reason. Now those who were in the middle of the excitment are not, and those who were away from the big noise are right in the middle of the band, pep section and cheerleaders... :confused:

Thats a good point. Nice post!!

Watusi,

I am not as concerned with our run D between the tackles as our wide D. D ends MUST contain! Middlesboro has very athletic skill guys and exploited the Pirates somewhat in that area.

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but I just have to give a little opinion on the matter.

A DE's job is to contain, unless the option is run directly at them. Middlesboro ran what I guess would be called a counter-option which meant the DE had to make the QB pitch the ball. The QB was free to run in most cases because the NG & DTs got sucked inside on the counter fake EVERYTIME leaving our DEs with too much openfield to cover.

Thats how I saw it anyway.