Guns or Bows

Whackem'n'Stackem'

CityBoyz. Crackin' me up there! Wonder if you'd make it in the country, plainly speaking.

The only time the City Boyz go to the county, is to collect their bounty. Rambler and Blacky, you guys are way too paranoid about anti gun organizations. The right to carry firearms is alive and well and will never be taken away as long as this is a free country. If you want to worry about something, worry about all the knuckleheads poaching, trespassing, leaving calling cards, spotlighting, baiting (turkeys), cheating on telecheck, shooting deer and cutting just the head off, hunting out of season, and many other things that go on in the country woodlots of the great Commonwealth of Kentucky....:popcorn:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only time the City Boyz go to the county' date=' is to collect their bounty. [b']Rambler and Blacky, you guys are way too paranoid about anti gun organizations. The right to carry firearms is alive and well and will never be taken away as long as this is a free country. [/b]If you want to worry about something, worry about all the knuckleheads poaching, trespassing, leaving calling cards, spotlighting, baiting (turkeys), cheating on telecheck, shooting deer and cutting just the head off, hunting out of season, and many other things that go on in the country woodlots of the great Commonwealth of Kentucky....:popcorn:

First of all my statement wasn't being paranoid, it is the truth and you just gave the anti's another message of exactly what they want to hear. Another thing is I can't speak for anyone else but don't tell me what I should or should not be concerned with!

I have been through and am going through way too much and have seen way too much to have anyone tell me what to think. Judging from your posts on here you may need to listen to Ted Nugent in that he stands for all sportsmen plus he always warns of the anti gun groups, our administration and others that want to strip us of our freedoms.. Whackem n stackem refers to Ted Nugent and he shows bow hunting and shooting/hunting with firearms.

Now, as for concern for our 2nd amendment/right to bear arms I don't know if you keep up with any news or not but there are attacks on gun owners every day and this current adninistration would love nothing better than to disarm the citizens of this country. I would urge anyone that agrees with our right to own guns/right to bear arms, loves to hunt or just likes to go out to the range and target shoot, out in a safe place to do so and just plunk some tin cans to join the NRA. This organization is our best friend and they have the ability and clout to go to Washington and fight for all gun owners. W&S, check out what Uncle Ted has to say about the anti gun threats and how important it is to stop them :thumb:

BTW I am also concerned with the scum of the earth trash hunters and poachers. As a matter of fact I have notified the proper authorities more than once about poaching going on and where in our area.

I apologize for going on about the anti gun groups, that is a P&R debate/issue and has been hashed out over there more times than I care to remember.

Whackem, you are a hoot. You managed to hack off a lot of fellow Highlands fans in the football forum and it seems like you've now managed to hack off a lot of fellow hunters in this forum. Can't wait for basketball season to start to see if you pull the trifecta in the basketball forum.

Don't deer hunt any more (well, if one walks out in the front yard of the farm house while I'm sitting at the breakfast table drinking my coffee, I feel it to be my duty to cull the herd of the dumb ones), but I agree with the other posters on this thread. I'm fine with any one that hunts using any legal method. I bird hunt with a 20 gauge, but don't look down the nose at any one that wants to use a 12 gauge. Using your line of thinking, folks should only bird hunt with a single barrel .410 and not using a bird dog, and that any one that does differently, is not a true hunter. That's just silly.

And oldrambler is spot on with his assessment of the anti-hunting groups. He is not paranoid about the threats; not even close. Furthermore the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with measures being pushed by PETA and the other anti-hunting wacko groups to further limit hunting opportunities. States have the right to regulate hunting and if the anti-hunting groups can convince enough of the hunters, legislators and regulators in a State to adopt tighter hunting regs or even ban hunting of certain game or the ban of certain hunting methods (ie, the use of modern arms to take deer) , the 2nd Amendment will provide no shield against that happening.

Most modern muzzleloaders have a range of 250 yards. Why not use a flint lock? Wouldn't that be more challenging? Or I will ask the same question to you...why use a compound bow instead or a long bow or recurve? Seems un-fair to use a compound.

A flintlock is a nice way to hunt and can be as reliable as a percussion rifle if the lock is properly tuned. Rain can make it very challenging, trying to keep the flint, frizzen and pan dry. They can very very accurate to and beyond 100 yds.

A flintlock is a nice way to hunt and can be as reliable as a percussion rifle if the lock is properly tuned. Rain can make it very challenging, trying to keep the flint, frizzen and pan dry. They can very very accurate to and beyond 100 yds.

Now there's a man who knows about flintlocks. ...used the f-word and everything.

• 2 weeks later...
I hunt with both a bow and also a gun. Though mostly with a gun, and a mostly at that with a muzzle loader. I enjoy both equally well, however, I tend to do more gun hunting than bow hunting. Not because I prefer that method over bow hunting, but because I have more time to do this after November when the footballs stop flying through the air.

I generally will harvest 2 deer per year as that seems to be the right amount for my family. Since my son also is an avid hunter, if he takes 1, then that leaves me to just 1 also. When that occurs, I hunt for the big boyz only! I love to hunt, and to just be outdoors is the thrill for me. I don't really have to bag a deer to consider my time in the woods a success!:D

:thumb::thumb:Great post Country Boy, you "get it" (what the outdoor lifestyle is really all about).

Now, to a certain hunter/hunters that I have to say that I love your enthusiasm about bowhunting but I suggest you and no doubt too many others read this post very carefully, this is what hunting is all about. Love of the sport, traditions, family and good friends together. Trust me, a person will value those times long after his hunting days may be gone. I speak from very personal experience with my disease along with missing those times many years ago with my father who passed on to me a love of the outdoors, hunting and fishing.

And oldrambler is spot on with his assessment of the anti-hunting groups. He is not paranoid about the threats; not even close. Furthermore the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with measures being pushed by PETA and the other anti-hunting wacko groups to further limit hunting opportunities. States have the right to regulate hunting and if the anti-hunting groups can convince enough of the hunters, legislators and regulators in a State to adopt tighter hunting regs or even ban hunting of certain game or the ban of certain hunting methods (ie, the use of modern arms to take deer) , the 2nd Amendment will provide no shield against that happening.
Thank you leatherneck. Maybe Whackem is a fairly new hunter, just too young or has drank the anti's Kool Aid wanting people to believe they are not after "all" guns, just some of them. These people want nothing more than to completely disarm all citizens in this country of their right to own guns.

I support and applaud all hunters. I am a Ted Nugent fan. By the way' date=' Great White Buffalo is my fav. Now, let me re-phrase the question; What is harder, bowhunting or gun hunting?[/quote']

Bowhunting DEFINITELY! I as well hunt with a gun as well - however - my favorite is Bowhunting - less hunters - greater challenge!

I support and applaud all hunters. I am a Ted Nugent fan. By the way' date=' Great White Buffalo is my fav. Now, let me re-phrase the question; What is harder, bowhunting or gun hunting?[/quote']

Of course bowhunting is harder, so what. That's not what you said when you started the thread. You made the statement that bowhunters are the only true hunters.

What's harder, bowhunting or spear hunting? spear hunting or using a sling to throw rocks at them?