Do the Bengals draft a QB in the first round?

Jim Schue

Should the Bengals draft a QB?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bengals draft a QB?

• Yes, CP is washed up.
    • No, CP is still one of the best in the NFL
    • They won't, but they should

^Yea would be a reach for Amukamura but if JJ chooses to leave and Peterson is gone then I would be ok with that pick honestly.

Amukamura would be a great pickup for Cincy IMO, even if it would be a reach. The guy looks like a shutdown corner. Maybe a better pure cover guy that Peterson.

Don't forget what the Ravens did to the Patriots in the playoffs last season in Foxborough...

Last year's Patriots were not that good either.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amukamura would be a great pickup for Cincy IMO, even if it would be a reach. The guy looks like a shutdown corner. Maybe a better pure cover guy that Peterson.

Last year's Patriots were not that good either.

They won the division and went to the playoffs....

They won the division and went to the playoffs....

Yeah, they still weren't that good. No one in their right mind thought that team had a shot at winning the AFC when the playoffs started. Your perspective on good is different than mine. Good to me in the NFL are teams that can legitimately win it all. Making the playoffs or winning the division means little to me. The Seahawks stunk, the Bengals stunk by the end of last year and backed into the playoffs, etc. In my book just making the playoffs doesn't make a team all that good. Maybe that's crazy but I don't really care.

To me the really good teams this year were: Pittsburgh, New England, NY Jets, Chicago, Green Bay and Atlanta. I think the Ravens and Eagles were borderline. Most of the rest of the teams in the league were about the same to me.

Yeah, they still weren't that good. No one in their right mind thought that team had a shot at winning the AFC when the playoffs started. Your perspective on good is different than mine. Good to me in the NFL are teams that can legitimately win it all. Making the playoffs or winning the division means little to me. The Seahawks stunk, the Bengals stunk by the end of last year and backed into the playoffs, etc. In my book just making the playoffs doesn't make a team all that good. Maybe that's crazy but I don't really care.

To me the really good teams this year were: Pittsburgh, New England, NY Jets, Chicago, Green Bay and Atlanta. I think the Ravens and Eagles were borderline. Most of the rest of the teams in the league were about the same to me.

Many people picked Baltimore and Philly to reach the Super Bowl!!

Over the course of 16 games, earning a spot in the playoffs makes a team good; it is harder than winning one game in the playoffs!

Many people picked Baltimore and Philly to reach the Super Bowl!!

Over the course of 16 games, earning a spot in the playoffs makes a team good; it is harder than winning one game in the playoffs!

I know alot of people did, but to me I think it was obvious that both would need a hot streak to get there. Philly is still building, and I don't really know what anyone saw in Baltimore compared to New England, Pittsburgh or New York.

And I'll never agree that simply making the playoffs automatically qualifies a team as good. Are the Saints all that much better than the Buccaneers? Honestly how good were the Chiefs? Non-biasedly how good were the Bengals come playoff time last year? By the playoffs last year the Pats were awful as well, Brady was beaten up (he wasn't himself anyway last year) and Welker was out and the defense was awful.....they were bad. My thing is every team in the NFL is good. They all have great players, even the teams that win just a few games. Unless you have a young and overachieving team (I would place the Chiefs in this category this year), simply making the playoffs is a pathetic goal for professional athletes, coaches and organizations IMO.

And I'll never agree that simply making the playoffs automatically qualifies a team as good. Are the Saints all that much better than the Buccaneers? Honestly how good were the Chiefs? Non-biasedly how good were the Bengals come playoff time last year? By the playoffs last year the Pats were awful as well, Brady was beaten up (he wasn't himself anyway last year) and Welker was out and the defense was awful.....they were bad. My thing is every team in the NFL is good. They all have great players, even the teams that win just a few games. Unless you have a young and overachieving team (I would place the Chiefs in this category this year), simply making the playoffs is a pathetic goal for professional athletes, coaches and organizations IMO.

I disagree. I think that making the playoffs is certainly a goal, especially teams that haven't been there for a while. Once achieved though, the goal has to be expanded to WINNING playoff games. Something our beloved Bengals have not achieved in a very long time.

I disagree. I think that making the playoffs is certainly a goal, especially teams that haven't been there for a while. Once achieved though, the goal has to be expanded to WINNING playoff games. Something our beloved Bengals have not achieved in a very long time.

We'll agree to disagree. With the parity in the NFL, I believe any veteran team should set their sites on the Super Bowl. Before the season few would have put the Bears with a realistic shot to win it all, but here they are in the NFC Championship. I've always thought goals should be set higher than what should be reasonably expected because you want something to keep driving you each and every week. You set your goals low, and more often then not in my experience you really underachieve.

We'll agree to disagree. With the parity in the NFL, I believe any veteran team should set their sites on the Super Bowl. Before the season few would have put the Bears with a realistic shot to win it all, but here they are in the NFC Championship. I've always thought goals should be set higher than what should be reasonably expected because you want something to keep driving you each and every week. You set your goals low, and more often then not in my experience you really underachieve.

Out of all the professional sports, making the playoffs is by far the hardest to achieve in the NFL; it separates the good from the mediocre (Seattle this year was an exception, but look what it produced vs. New Orleans).

Out of all the professional sports, making the playoffs is by far the hardest to achieve in the NFL; it separates the good from the mediocre (Seattle this year was an exception, but look what it produced vs. New Orleans).

Well I disagree. How is it not harder in baseball only 4 teams make it and only two from a divison can make it tops? You have uneven payrolls and 162 games to separate the bad from the mediocre to the good to the great. A team can luck out and get into the NFL playoffs, like Cincy backing in last year or the Seahawks being the worst division in NFL history.

There's not that much difference most years in the teams that just barely miss the playoffs and the teams that skid in IMO. We'll agree to disagree, but winning your division or making the playoffs isn't impressive to me if the team has regressed during the season. The Packers got better as the season went along, that is more impressive to me than the Chiefs winning their division.

That's fine. I know when I am setting goals, I at least make them realistic. Is reaching the Super Bowl a realistic goal for the Bengals, Raiders, Niners, Lions, Browns, Dolphins, Redskins, Bucs, Texans, Titans, Panthers, Jags, and so on? Are they underachieving if they don't get to the Super Bowl. Do we consider the season a failure for these teams if they make the playoffs and lose? Make the division championship game and lose? Make the Conference Championship game and lose? I think not. I'm sure if you asked any HC or players, what the goal is for the season, the response would be Super Bowl. However, I think they all would be happy just to make the playoffs next season, so there in lies the true goal.

That's fine. I know when I am setting goals, I at least make them realistic. Is reaching the Super Bowl a realistic goal for the Bengals, Raiders, Niners, Lions, Browns, Dolphins, Redskins, Bucs, Texans, Titans, Panthers, Jags, and so on? Are they underachieving if they don't get to the Super Bowl. Do we consider the season a failure for these teams if they make the playoffs and lose? Make the division championship game and lose? Make the Conference Championship game and lose? I think not. I'm sure if you asked any HC or players, what the goal is for the season, the response would be Super Bowl. However, I think they all would be happy just to make the playoffs next season, so there in lies the true goal.

Didn't say that not making the Super Bowl would make the season a failure because it takes alot of luck to get there. But I think a team and their fans should want their team to be in the conversation to say the least. All I'm saying is that simply making the playoffs can be very deceiving. To say that just because a team made the playoffs they were really good is way, way off base IMO. The real organizations in the NFL are not satisfied with just making the playoffs. Do you think New England, Indy, Baltimore are happy and satisfied right now? What about Philly? Atlanta or New Orleans two teams that are not perinial powers aren't even satisfied right now.

The teams that are always in the conversation do not settle for just making the playoffs and I doubt anyone in New England or Baltimore would tell you their teams were good last year? Any Steelers fans on here feel like Pittsburgh had a good season last year? Fine I'll say it the loser organizations in the NFL are happy with the playoffs and the real teams are not. The Cowboys have become a joke but even they are satisfied with only making the playoffs. If a young team like Oakland, Detroit, Kansas City, Cleveland, etc. want to be happy about just making the show when/if they get their in the next few years that is fine with me, because young teams have to learn to win. But veteran teams simply shouldn't be happy with that. Cincy was happy with that after last season, you know it, I know it, anyone could tell that and that is what is at the heart of this argument.

I know alot of people did, but to me I think it was obvious that both would need a hot streak to get there. Philly is still building, and I don't really know what anyone saw in Baltimore compared to New England, Pittsburgh or New York.

Did you think Arizona was good enough to make it a couple years ago? What about the Giants the year they won it? You get in and see what happens.