Do the Bengals draft a QB in the first round?

Jim Schue

Should the Bengals draft a QB?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bengals draft a QB?

• Yes, CP is washed up.
    • No, CP is still one of the best in the NFL
    • They won't, but they should

I agree with you about the schedule this year versus last year. The Bengals will go at least 8-8 next year with the easier schedule regardless of what changes they make in coaches.

Stickerman asks WHY? Stickerman what we have here is a clear example of a Benglas fan that is and has been oblivious to what is actually happening with the organization. They don't realize that "their" team will likely not have Ced Benson or Jonathon Joseph next season. They don't accept the fact that OL is really not good. Can't see that the WRs are unproven. Can't fathom that the lbs have underachieved. Don't understand that the DL still could use some help, that safety is a huge concern. They still hail Carson as the "Savior" , when in fact he is now a middle of the road QB at best. Blind to the fact that the coaching staff would have been fired from every other team in the league. Oh and somehow they forget who has his hands on the wheel. Mikey Boy. So there you have it Stickerman, a Bengals zealot. They are becoming rarer as we go along, but are nowhere near the point of extintion.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stickerman asks WHY? Stickerman what we have here is a clear example of a Benglas fan that is and has been oblivious to what is actually happening with the organization. They don't realize that "their" team will likely not have Ced Benson or Jonathon Joseph next season. They don't accept the fact that OL is really not good. Can't see that the WRs are unproven. Can't fathom that the lbs have underachieved. Don't understand that the DL still could use some help, that safety is a huge concern. They still hail Carson as the "Savior" , when in fact he is now a middle of the road QB at best. Blind to the fact that the coaching staff would have been fired from every other team in the league. Oh and somehow they forget who has his hands on the wheel. Mikey Boy. So there you have it Stickerman, a Bengals zealot. They are becoming rarer as we go along, but are nowhere near the point of extintion.

You are right, but here's the thing. Who are those people on this site?

I love the Bengals and will never cheer for another team. I can't just decide I like the Houston Texans. I don't put any money into the stadium and I have bought myself one Bengals item the laast 5 years and that was a hat I really liked. I think more fans are like me than people are willing to admit. If people want to buy season tickets because they enjoy tailgating and or the product of the NFL I don't blame them at all. I'm just not willling to do it. My question is can't people like myself really think they can win 9 or 10 games with the people they have coming back and their schedule? I'd say it's almost a lock that if Plamer doesn't get hurt next year or they don't have a Kitna type that they'll win between 6-10 games. Just because I think that doesn't mean I'm not outraged that no changes are going to be made. I kind of expect that by now though. It also doesn't mean I think Carson is anything more than a middle of the road QB.

You are right, but here's the thing. Who are those people on this site? I love the Bengals and will never cheer for another team. I can't just decide I like the Houston Texans. I don't put any money into the stadium and I have bought myself one Bengals item the laast 5 years and that was a hat I really liked. I think more fans are like me than people are willing to admit. If people want to buy season tickets because they enjoy tailgating and or the product of the NFL I don't blame them at all. I'm just not willling to do it. My question is can't people like myself really think they can win 9 or 10 games with the people they have coming back and their schedule? I'd say it's almost a lock that if Plamer doesn't get hurt next year or they don't have a Kitna type that they'll win between 6-10 games. Just because I think that doesn't mean I'm not outraged that no changes are going to be made. I kind of expect that by now though. It also doesn't mean I think Carson is anything more than a middle of the road QB.

Anyone who thinks this team has a prayer to win 9 or 10 games is one of these people on here. So look in the mirror, and you have your answer

Anyone who thinks this team has a prayer to win 9 or 10 games is one of these people on here. So look in the mirror, and you have your answer

Did you think they could win 10 games in 08? I don't think they will, but to say they can't is off IMO.

As bad as some fans are biased for the Bengals, you are equally biased against the Bengals.

They just went to the playoffs last season; they are not a legit Super Bowl contender next season, but they also are not nearly as bad as you claim.

No one knows about the staff yet, free agents or the draft; there are way too many variables at this points to pass judgements.

If you are not a fan and hate them so much, why read about them and post about them?????????

REAL hate and apathy would forgo someone from reading about them, unless you are just out to antagonize.

As bad as some fans are biased for the Bengals, you are equally biased against the Bengals.

They just went to the playoffs last season; they are not a legit Super Bowl contender next season, but they also are not nearly as bad as you claim.

No one knows about the staff yet, free agents or the draft; there are way too many variables at this points to pass judgements.

If you are not a fan and hate them so much, why read about them and post about them?????????

REAL hate and apathy would forgo someone from reading about them, unless you are just out to antagonize.

I've been a fan since 1968. I was a season ticket holder in the 80's and early 90's. I am a fan. A fan that is upset that my team has 2 winning seasons in the last 20. It also upsets me that we have fans that don't see how bad this team is. There seem to be some fans that A, just don't care how bad the team is, they think it'ts great no matter what, or B. just don't understand the game. It all comes down to Brown. This organization has absolutely no chance with him running the show. After following this team through playoff and yes Super Bowl (gasp) years, I hat the fact that we will not get to experience that kind of fun. Say what you want but this organization is the worse in the league, and because of that the team is as bad a I think. You cannot argue against their record for the last 20 years.

I've been a fan since 1968. I was a season ticket holder in the 80's and early 90's. I am a fan. A fan that is upset that my team has 2 winning seasons in the last 20. It also upsets me that we have fans that don't see how bad this team is. There seem to be some fans that A, just don't care how bad the team is, they think it'ts great no matter what, or B. just don't understand the game. It all comes down to Brown. This organization has absolutely no chance with him running the show. After following this team through playoff and yes Super Bowl (gasp) years, I hat the fact that we will not get to experience that kind of fun. Say what you want but this organization is the worse in the league, and because of that the team is as bad a I think. You cannot argue against their record for the last 20 years.

Too generalized; before Marvin Lewis arrived, the coaches had absolutely NO power and the players knew it and it was a country club atmosphere. Now at least they have a fighting chance; they were just in the playoffs; they are not that bad; they obviously have flaws, but they could have another good year next year; they need to make some good off season moves.

As much as Mike Brown doesn't know what he doesn't know, they have signed to the cap every year since Marvin arrived and they also have done very well signing Free Agents, who were even out of football that have made significant contributions to the team, Cedric Benson being a perfect example.

I know Mike doesn't know half of what his father knew, but somebody is doing something right; as it stands now, they even had a great draft last season; almost all of the those players have contributed.

Semantics. Of course they CAN. I don't think they WILL. So we agree

Their schedule is terrible. I'd bet 7 minimum and I don't think they're that good. Cris Collinsworth said recently it's a mortal lock they win the division.