Do the Bengals draft a QB in the first round?

Jim Schue

Should the Bengals draft a QB?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bengals draft a QB?

• Yes, CP is washed up.
    • No, CP is still one of the best in the NFL
    • They won't, but they should

Why draft a high caliber QB this year? Bengals are 3 yrs. away from being relevant again. Focus on OL/DL in draft and get serviceable QB's as free agents. And PLEEEASE get a back-up who can PUSH Carson Palmer. Lil' brother is NOT NFL caliber. Until the OL improves, Carson will be chuckin' and duckin' to save his skin. Only a matter of time before the injury bug gets him again...and THEN who do play? Jeez!

3 years?????? hardly; the d-line is very solid and looks more promising than ever; I still would like another pass rusher to go opposite Dunlap.

I totally agree about the OL and a legitimate NFL backup.

With a good offseason of improvements and the softer schedule, the Bengals realistically can be right back in the mix next year.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 years?????? hardly; the d-line is very solid and looks more promising than ever; I still would like another pass rusher to go opposite Dunlap.

I totally agree about the OL and a legitimate NFL backup.

With a good offseason of improvements and the softer schedule, the Bengals realistically can be right back in the mix next year.

I really see more holes with this team than you do. Add to those holes the imminent departure of Benson and Joseph, and you have more holes to fill. I do like the progress of the younger D Lineman. OL is a problem. I still don't like the linebacking crew that much. Safety is a problem. WR is still a question mark. TE seems solidified. QB play has to be better. Do they even have a FB? and on and on. Guess we'll see. As far as the thread, I do agree with UCRN on not drafting a high caliber QB. This team has way too many problems to bring in a 1st round QB and have two multi million dollar QBs on the roster.

Steelers were not a good team last year. They lost to KC, Cleveland and Oakland. Even though they were bad (Pittsburgh standards) they should have beat the bengals both times, if they wouldn't have had a dropped TD pass and a kick return for a TD, but they didn't because they just wasn't that good enough. Not to mention only having Troy for like 3 or 4 whole games... If you want to measure how good the bengals were, then how did they do against playoff teams that year? 2-3 with only 2 wins against the Ravens, who the bengals seem to have their number.

Green Bay was also a playoff team. Also do you think the Steelers still lose to those teams, if they don't lose two early games to the Bengals? Those losses to the Bengals kind of took some of that swagger away the Steelers had before those games. Those losses put them in a bad spot, a spot they were not familiar with at all. If they win just one of those games, I don't think the Steelers lose to those other teams at least not all three. The Steelers not being able to beat the Bengals had a lot to do with how the Steelers did last year.

If they even a decent team, then why does basically the same team with some upgrades on offense go to 4-12? If they were let's say "good", how do they let the Jets come into their house and beat them in a playoff game? I stand by , the season was a fluke, and they were, and are not very good. As is.

The same way a team can win 4 games in one year, and then all of a sudden be good the next. It happens all the time in the NFL.

Why draft a high caliber QB this year? Bengals are 3 yrs. away from being relevant again. Focus on OL/DL in draft and get serviceable QB's as free agents. And PLEEEASE get a back-up who can PUSH Carson Palmer. Lil' brother is NOT NFL caliber. Until the OL improves, Carson will be chuckin' and duckin' to save his skin. Only a matter of time before the injury bug gets him again...and THEN who do play? Jeez!

This team does have some holes to fix, however by no means is it three years away. With some of the right changes, they could be a good team next year. However the key words was the right changes, which is something this franchise never does.

Green Bay was also a playoff team. Also do you think the Steelers still lose to those teams, if they don't lose two early games to the Bengals? Those losses to the Bengals kind of took some of that swagger away the Steelers had before those games. Those losses put them in a bad spot, a spot they were not familiar with at all. If they win just one of those games, I don't think the Steelers lose to those other teams at least not all three. The Steelers not being able to beat the Bengals had a lot to do with how the Steelers did last year.

Maybe or maybe Bengals took advantage of a down year in the division...

So three teams finished about .500 in the divison, and you consider it a down year in the division? As a whole the division was better last year than it was this year. So I guess the Steelers took advantage of a down year in the division this year then? The Bengals were just a better football team than the Steelers last year, and was a good team last year. It was because of the Bengals for why the Steelers didn't make it, because they didn't do what they usually do to the Bengals. The Steelers are just a better ran franchise with better coaching, so they are able to consistently be good. I never said the Bengals were a good franchise, they just were a good team that year.

I really see more holes with this team than you do. Add to those holes the imminent departure of Benson and Joseph, and you have more holes to fill. I do like the progress of the younger D Lineman. OL is a problem. I still don't like the linebacking crew that much. Safety is a problem. WR is still a question mark. TE seems solidified. QB play has to be better. Do they even have a FB? and on and on. Guess we'll see. As far as the thread, I do agree with UCRN on not drafting a high caliber QB. This team has way too many problems to bring in a 1st round QB and have two multi million dollar QBs on the roster.

Oline is a huge problem; LB's could be better if Mauluga move to MLB and MJohnson at SLB; Rivers has got to play better or B. Johnson should start or give Muckelroy, who flashed on the goalline, a shot; they absolultely need a Safety; WR's proved a lot to me vs. SD & Balt. who were both vying for playoff berths; Carson will be better without Owens & CH (he'll know the WR's won't alligator-arm going over the middle); they love Pressley at FB.

Having a good offseason includes signing Benson, Joseph, & B. Johnson; if they aren't signed, they will not be good.

The Steelers were obviously down with injuries and a horrible o-line, but the Ravens pounded the Patriots at home, worse than the Jets did this weekend. It was not a down year.

Oline is a huge problem; LB's could be better if Mauluga move to MLB and MJohnson at SLB; Rivers has got to play better or B. Johnson should start or give Muckelroy, who flashed on the goalline, a shot; they absolultely need a Safety; WR's proved a lot to me vs. SD & Balt. who were both vying for playoff berths; Carson will be better without Owens & CH (he'll know the WR's won't alligator-arm going over the middle); they love Pressley at FB.

Having a good offseason includes signing Benson, Joseph, & B. Johnson; if they aren't signed, they will not be good.

They will not sign them all, if any.

It will be interesting to see what the Bengals do if AJ Green is available for them.

I really hope AJ Green isn't available because I fear they would draft him. If they were dead set on a receiver in the draft it was a mistake not to take Dez Bryant and they could have had Hernandez where they drafted Shipley. I like Shipley and Gresham a little but Bryant should have been the pick so they wouldn't have to keep drafting them. How many picks in the last decade have they used on WR's or TE's in the first 3 rounds?

They will not sign them all, if any.

I would hope if they can't get Joseph to agree to a long term deal that they would tag him to keep him at least one more year. If not they should take a QB and start over or trade a pick for Kolb. I don't care if they let Benson walk. He's not that great.