Do the Bengals draft a QB in the first round?

Jim Schue

Should the Bengals draft a QB?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bengals draft a QB?

• Yes, CP is washed up.
    • No, CP is still one of the best in the NFL
    • They won't, but they should

Steelers and Ravens were no where near as good last year as they were this season IMO. I don't see how anyone could argue that the Steelers were not way down last season.

I agree :thumb:.

The Steelers were in the top 5 in the NFL in defenses still last year. The Steelers had the same guys on offense, except an even better receiving core last year with Holmes. The main difference once again was the Bengals beating them. If they beat the Bengals like they usually do they finish 11 and 5 and win the division. If they beat the Bengals just once they go 10 and 6 and win the division. The Steelers were not bad, the Bengals were just better than them for once. The Bengals beating them twice in the first 8 games last year, and sent them on the way to finishing 9 and 7. If the Steelers beat the Bengals just once and won the division again. The Steelers in the playoffs very easily could have made a run at it. Once again the only difference was the Bengals actually just were better than them last year, and it wasn't because they were a bad team. As I said if they beat the Bengals just once then they would have won the division still.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't say that not making the Super Bowl would make the season a failure because it takes alot of luck to get there. But I think a team and their fans should want their team to be in the conversation to say the least. All I'm saying is that simply making the playoffs can be very deceiving. To say that just because a team made the playoffs they were really good is way, way off base IMO. The real organizations in the NFL are not satisfied with just making the playoffs. Do you think New England, Indy, Baltimore are happy and satisfied right now? What about Philly? Atlanta or New Orleans two teams that are not perinial powers aren't even satisfied right now.

The teams that are always in the conversation do not settle for just making the playoffs and I doubt anyone in New England or Baltimore would tell you their teams were good last year? Any Steelers fans on here feel like Pittsburgh had a good season last year? Fine I'll say it the loser organizations in the NFL are happy with the playoffs and the real teams are not. The Cowboys have become a joke but even they are satisfied with only making the playoffs. If a young team like Oakland, Detroit, Kansas City, Cleveland, etc. want to be happy about just making the show when/if they get their in the next few years that is fine with me, because young teams have to learn to win. But veteran teams simply shouldn't be happy with that. Cincy was happy with that after last season, you know it, I know it, anyone could tell that and that is what is at the heart of this argument.

Your right we in Cincinnati was happy with making the playoffs last year, even though would have been nice to win a playoff game. However that does not mean we would have been happy with just making it this year. This year if they would have made it, I definitely would have not been happy with just making it. If they would have made it I would have only been sorta happy if they actually made some kind of run to win the thing. Obviously everyone's goal is to win the Super Bowl. However in some cases you can be happy with how the season went even if you didn't win the Super Bowl. Yeah for the teams you mentioned like the Steelers, Colts, Pats, etc. yeah of coarse they are never just happy with making the playoffs. Its because they have been there plenty of times before and use to it. You can't tell me say back before like the Colts, Saints became what they are, that the first years making it to the playoffs that the fans were not happy if they didn't win the Super Bowl. Disappointed yes but would be happy for the direction the franchise looked like it was going in. The differences is those franchises still knew they had to make changes to get even better, and the Bengals didn't do to much. I think everyone knew after that playoff appearance last year that the Bengals OC was terrible, but they weren't willing to make that change. So don't blame the fans, for just having to like the worst ran franchise in sports.

Did you think Arizona was good enough to make it a couple years ago? What about the Giants the year they won it? You get in and see what happens.

Yes and yes. Arizona has two of the best WRs in the league, and Kurt Warner. The Giants got extremely hot at the end of the season the year they won and almost beat New England in the last week of the season, so I figured they had a shot to get there. I didn't think they'd beat the Pats that year, but who did?

The Steelers were in the top 5 in the NFL in defenses still last year. The Steelers had the same guys on offense, except an even better receiving core last year with Holmes. The main difference once again was the Bengals beating them. If they beat the Bengals like they usually do they finish 11 and 5 and win the division. If they beat the Bengals just once they go 10 and 6 and win the division. The Steelers were not bad, the Bengals were just better than them for once. The Bengals beating them twice in the first 8 games last year, and sent them on the way to finishing 9 and 7. If the Steelers beat the Bengals just once and won the division again. The Steelers in the playoffs very easily could have made a run at it. Once again the only difference was the Bengals actually just were better than them last year, and it wasn't because they were a bad team. As I said if they beat the Bengals just once then they would have won the division still.

Whatever you say Chief.

Your right we in Cincinnati was happy with making the playoffs last year, even though would have been nice to win a playoff game. However that does not mean we would have been happy with just making it this year. This year if they would have made it, I definitely would have not been happy with just making it. If they would have made it I would have only been sorta happy if they actually made some kind of run to win the thing. Obviously everyone's goal is to win the Super Bowl. However in some cases you can be happy with how the season went even if you didn't win the Super Bowl. Yeah for the teams you mentioned like the Steelers, Colts, Pats, etc. yeah of coarse they are never just happy with making the playoffs. Its because they have been there plenty of times before and use to it. You can't tell me say back before like the Colts, Saints became what they are, that the first years making it to the playoffs that the fans were not happy if they didn't win the Super Bowl. Disappointed yes but would be happy for the direction the franchise looked like it was going in. The differences is those franchises still knew they had to make changes to get even better, and the Bengals didn't do to much. I think everyone knew after that playoff appearance last year that the Bengals OC was terrible, but they weren't willing to make that change. So don't blame the fans, for just having to like the worst ran franchise in sports.

Weren't you predicting another playoff season this year? If so, don't exclude yourself from falling under the just happy to be here crowd.

Yes and yes. Arizona has two of the best WRs in the league, and Kurt Warner. The Giants got extremely hot at the end of the season the year they won and almost beat New England in the last week of the season, so I figured they had a shot to get there. I didn't think they'd beat the Pats that year, but who did?

Whatever you say Chief.

Weren't you predicting another playoff season this year? If so, don't exclude yourself from falling under the just happy to be here crowd.

Didn't I say I was happy how they had made the playoffs, even though I did wish they had won a game? Didn't I just say if they had made the playoffs this year though, I would not have been happy with just getting there though? Wow maybe you should read, before you say something next time.

Didn't I say I was happy how they had made the playoffs, even though I did wish they had won a game? Didn't I just say if they had made the playoffs this year though, I would not have been happy with just getting there though? Wow maybe you should read, before you say something next time.

It's easy to say and act like that now...........

It's easy to say and act like that now...........

As others have said you do have some insightful things to say in other threads. However when it comes to these Bengal threads, you do make yourself look bad with how you ignore facts on things, and sometimes just make somethings up. Especially considering our little bet this year on Palmer had to do with the Bengals having to at least make the AFC Championship game for me to win our bet. So I think that shows that I definitely was not just looking for just a playoff appearance from this years team, I was wanting more from them. I also said in those very same threads that even though I thought some of the guys the bengals picked up would help (which I was wrong about) I did always also always say after that, that the Bengals not changing OC last year did concern me still. So once again instead of just saying things that are simply not true just to try to stir things up, how about you actually some useful things like you do in other threads, instead of making things up like you here. Especially since you should know from our little bet, that I was not just wanting a playoff appearance from this team. Nice try though man. I give you a "B" for effort.

As others have said you do have some insightful things to say in other threads. However when it comes to these Bengal threads, you do make yourself look bad with how you ignore facts on things, and sometimes just make somethings up. Especially considering our little bet this year on Palmer had to do with the Bengals having to at least make the AFC Championship game for me to win our bet. So I think that shows that I definitely was not just looking for just a playoff appearance from this years team, I was wanting more from them. I also said in those very same threads that even though I thought some of the guys the bengals picked up would help (which I was wrong about) I did always also always say after that, that the Bengals not changing OC last year did concern me still. So once again instead of just saying things that are simply not true just to try to stir things up, how about you actually some useful things like you do in other threads, instead of making things up like you here. Especially since you should know from our little bet, that I was not just wanting a playoff appearance from this team. Nice try though man. I give you a "B" for effort.

I'm just waiting to see if the Steelers win the Super Bowl to see what profile picture I choose for you my friend.

You were the only person outside of Arizona that thought they had a chance. Congrats. There are two 6 seeds left in this years playoffs and there have been a few dogs by more than 8 points win outright. One on the road and one at home. All you need to do to have a chance is get there. The Packers were very lucky to even make the playoffs this year and the Jets are a long kick retrun and the dumbest TO in post season history away from losing to Indy two weeks ago.

You were the only person outside of Arizona that thought they had a chance. Congrats. There are two 6 seeds left in this years playoffs and there have been a few dogs by more than 8 points win outright. One on the road and one at home. All you need to do to have a chance is get there. The Packers were very lucky to even make the playoffs this year and the Jets are a long kick retrun and the dumbest TO in post season history away from losing to Indy two weeks ago.

I can't remember that far back at the moment, but other than their seed I don't see why it was so shocking.

I can't remember that far back at the moment, but other than their seed I don't see why it was so shocking.

Same reason it wouldn't be shocking if the Gals made it. Parity. At that time the Cards franchise was almost as big of a joke as the Gals. Get there and see what happens. Arizona won a terrible division that year so their seed wasn't that shocking. They were 9-7 and big dogs a couple times that year in the playoffs though.