Do the Bengals draft a QB in the first round?

Jim Schue

Should the Bengals draft a QB?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bengals draft a QB?

• Yes, CP is washed up.
    • No, CP is still one of the best in the NFL
    • They won't, but they should

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brohm was a can't miss top 10 draft pick junior as well before he decided to come back to school.

It still amazes me that Brohm didn't enter it after his junior year, especially after the changes. He should have entered even if Petrino decided to stay there.

It still amazes me that Brohm didn't enter it after his junior year, especially after the changes. He should have entered even if Petrino decided to stay there.

Case in point why you should always take the money and run. It is just too much of a gamble and too much can go wrong. Jake Locker is thinking the same thing right now.

I think this is the perfect year for the Bengals to trade down in the draft. Despite the team's record, I think there are a lot of young talented players in place and there isn't anyone I see at #4 that knocks my socks off as a perfect fit for the Bengals. If they could trade down to the middle of the first round and get some extra picks, that is the move I would look for. Of course, that would be very un Bengal like. As to needs, I think safety is at the top of the list and offensive line is next.

I think this is the perfect year for the Bengals to trade down in the draft. Despite the team's record, I think there are a lot of young talented players in place and there isn't anyone I see at #4 that knocks my socks off as a perfect fit for the Bengals. If they could trade down to the middle of the first round and get some extra picks, that is the move I would look for. Of course, that would be very un Bengal like. As to needs, I think safety is at the top of the list and offensive line is next.

Not a lot of teams look to move up in the draft.

Disagree, I think Peterson, Green, or Bowers would be a huge addition at the 4 spot. I'm somewhat hesitant on Green though. Just not a fan of using a top 10 pick on a wideout.

Disagree, I think Peterson, Green, or Bowers would be a huge addition at the 4 spot. I'm somewhat hesitant on Green though. Just not a fan of using a top 10 pick on a wideout.

I'm with you. I've heard multiple times that this is a deep receiver draft class, too. Receivers are a dime a dozen. I would be a bit irked if the Bengals decided to go with Green. Some of the best receivers in the game today didn't even go in the 1st round. Heck, Stevie Johnson was a 7th rounder and he even tore it up this year.

I'm with you. I've heard multiple times that this is a deep receiver draft class, too. Receivers are a dime a dozen. I would be a bit irked if the Bengals decided to go with Green. Some of the best receivers in the game today didn't even go in the 1st round. Heck, Stevie Johnson was a 7th rounder and he even tore it up this year.

Yep. I think Peterson or Bowers would be homerun picks. I wouldn't really even mind Fairley out of Auburn, but not sure how much of a need they have at the DT position with Peko, Atkins, and Sims.

No reason to take AJ Green @ #4, although it wouldn't surprise me if Mikey Boy decided to do so...

You know, the more I think about it the more I think you are right. It isn't often you get to pick one of the top 4 players and those guys are almost always special players. So I will change my mind on a trade and say go with Green or Peterson. Those two are rare finds that you can't pass up an opportunity to get.