Do the Bengals draft a QB in the first round?

Jim Schue

Should the Bengals draft a QB?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bengals draft a QB?

• Yes, CP is washed up.
    • No, CP is still one of the best in the NFL
    • They won't, but they should

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we need a QB just yet. Palmer has struggled, but we're not going to get a better QB than him right now. I would take another offensive lineman in the 1st round.

I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a QB, but I think another OL would be a much better selection at this point. But then again, I don't know which QB's are coming out & which ones are available.

I tend to agree. I think a young QB would be a good idea, but at the right spot...that means you may or may not get one, but I wouldn't reach and draft one in the first round. The Bengals have built themselves to compete in the rugged AFC North. Worse QB's than Carson Palmer have won Super Bowls with the formula of a physical, smash mouth team built around a strong running game and a great defense.

It's only Week 4. Things could still turn around. But, more importantly, it should be more clear after seeing how Palmer plays through the entire season.

• 3 months later...

Anyone still think the Bengals need to draft a QB? I think we're going to be able to pick from anyone on the board except Luck. Mallet, Gabbert, Newton, etc. I still think they need help at d-line, safety, maybe a corner if we don't lock up Joseph and Hall, and WR.

Yeah, how often has MB done that? Never?

I look for them to stand pat at No. 4 as well.

In general, teams are reluctant to trade up. The #4 spot might be low enough that a team would be willing to do it, but Mike Brown as a GM is not competent enough to pull it off.

I wonder if the new CBA will affect any of that? I'm sure rookie salaries are one of the things that will be addressed. If so, it may make trading up/down easier.

In general, teams are reluctant to trade up. The #4 spot might be low enough that a team would be willing to do it, but Mike Brown as a GM is not competent enough to pull it off.

I wonder if the new CBA will affect any of that? I'm sure rookie salaries are one of the things that will be addressed. If so, it may make trading up/down easier.

If they turned down what the Redskins offered for Ochocinco a couple years ago...they'd probably just give the pick away.

I don't know why all the experts keep saying we will draft Bowers from Clemson we don't need D-linemen.

Yeah they do need help on the D-line. I hope they take Bowers, Fairley, or a Tackle if one is worthy of a top 5 pick.

The Bengals could use a big DT. I think they're set at DE, with Johnson & Dunlap. Another 3rd or 4th round DE would help, though. But it's not a big enough need to take at #4.

At #4, I hope they take either a DT or Offensive lineman. From what I understand, it's not a great class for O-lineman, so maybe D-line is the way to go...