Do the Bengals draft a QB in the first round?

Jim Schue

Should the Bengals draft a QB?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bengals draft a QB?

• Yes, CP is washed up.
    • No, CP is still one of the best in the NFL
    • They won't, but they should

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet anyone that wants to that if they draft a QB in the first round he doesn't throw for 3970 yards and 26 TD's completing 62% of his passes in his either of his first two years as a starter.

What about this scenario....Draft Bowers, the DE out of Clemson, move Rey Rey to his natural MLB position, and shift Johnson to OLB. That would give you a starting front 7 of Dunlap, Sims/Atkins, Peko, Bowers, Rivers, Rey Rey, & Johnson.

I'd love that.

What about this scenario....Draft Bowers, the DE out of Clemson, move Rey Rey to his natural MLB position, and shift Johnson to OLB. That would give you a starting front 7 of Dunlap, Sims/Atkins, Peko, Bowers, Rivers, Rey Rey, & Johnson.

Can Johnson really play OLB? Are there any other 6'7'' OLB's in the NFL?

Personally, I'd rather have Brandon Johnson at LB over Dhani & Michael Johnson.

Can Johnson really play OLB? Are there any other 6'7'' OLB's in the NFL?

Personally, I'd rather have Brandon Johnson at LB over Dhani & Michael Johnson.

I'd think he could...He's a freak athlete, and I know he played there some during both Training Camp and Preseason.

My concern with Mallet is that he's putting up big numbers in Bobby Petrino's system. As we have seen and as many on BGP know (but may refuse to admit), Bobby P's system doesn't necessarily translate well to the next level.

I agree with that to a point, but Mallet is at a different level in comparison to the other quarterbacks from Louisville that Petrino coached.

In the past a lot of people have requested the Bengals draft a TE. They seem to have a pretty good one in Gresham, and Coffman actually contributed lately. It now seems since they have gone with TE, they have went awawy from having a FB. Might be one of the reasons Ceds production was down from last year. Do they need to draft a FB?

McShay is projecting the Bengals to select Bowers .

I like Bowers. He was my favorite prep player coming out 3 seasons ago and he turned in to a beast by the end of his career. If his motor is going, he can be a Julius Peppers type.

As far as taking a QB. There are going to be a lot of quality QB's coming out. Gabbart from Missouri is someone I could see him falling due to lack of hype and the Bengals steal him in the 2nd round if possible.

I don't like Bowers. He really only started to play well this season. I think he's way over-hyped, just another guy with crazy potential who doesn't play up to it at all times.

I agree I would go with a deep threat wide reciever something we need or a safety and sign a free agent DT a big body not another under 300 pounder.