Do the Bengals draft a QB in the first round?

Jim Schue

Should the Bengals draft a QB?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bengals draft a QB?

• Yes, CP is washed up.
    • No, CP is still one of the best in the NFL
    • They won't, but they should

Top Fee Agent Quarterbacks in 2011:

Peyton Manning, IND –

Brett Favre, MIN –

Donovan McNabb, WAS –.

Matt Moore, CAR –

Kyle Orton, DEN –

Matt Hasselbeck, SEA –

Alex Smith, SF –

Other Notable Free Agents:

Troy Smith, BAL

Trent Edwards, BUF

JT O'Sullivan, CIN

Seneca Wallace, CLE

Shaun Hill, DET

Brodie Croyle, KC

Chad Pennington, MIA

Tyler Thigpen, MIA

Tarvaris Jackson, MIN

Jim Sorgi, NYG

Kellen Clemens, NYJ

Bruce Gradkowski, OAK

Michael Vick, PHI

Dennis Dixon, PIT

Billy Volek, SD

Kerry Collins, TEN

Chris Simms, TEN

Rex Grossman, WAS

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the list of Super Bowl Champions for the last 20 years. The only 2 that you can say won the Super Bowl with a mediocre quarterback are the 2007 Giants and the 2001 Ravens. Having a great defense is very important but the Bengals defense is no better than the Ravens or Steelers and both have better quarterbacks at this point in time.

You can win games in the NFL with a great defense, but you're right in that somebody still has to make the plays on offense to put points on the board when it comes to the Super Bowl.

I don't think they should draft a QB, but the need to go out in free agency and get one!

This team is not young (Chad, Owens -1 yr deal, B. Williams, R. Williams, D. Jones, and might lose Joseph in FA) and can't afford to go through a couple of years of growing pains. There is a small margin of time for the Bengals to win. They need a veteran QB so they give themselves the best chance to win next year.

Charlie Batch may be available here in a couple weeks. :D

I would say yes, not because Palmer is washed up. Palmer will be adequate until you get another starter ready to go. Palmer is not capable of putting the team on his back and winning games with his ability, they need for him to not lose games. The Bengals will never be true threats to get to a Super Bowl with Carson Palmer, so yeah they should start looking.

Well stated. Same here.

I voted that they should, but they won't. However, I don't necessarily think they should if Locker, Luck, or Mallet aren't available when their pick comes up.

I don't necessarily think Palmer is washed up, but I just think he's led this team as far as he's capable of. I want to see him succeed, but I just can't picture it just all of a sudden clicking anymore.

I think it would be wise for the Bengals to draft a young QB. Their backup QB situation has been a disaster ever since Kitna left. If they aren't going to sign a veteran, they need to get a young guy in there and start grooming him, IMO.

If it's a decent QB draft, then they could probably wait until after the first round...kinda like Miami with Henne. But, I also don't think they should wait too late and end up drafting a project guy who may or may not be NFL worthy in 3-4 years.