Interesting study on wealth distribution

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you see a lazy person everyday and that makes EVERY American lazy? I thought you didn't like hyperbole.

No, I see a multitude of lazy people in every avenue of life, every single day. The laziness of college students is disgusting, the laziness of those in the workplace isn't much better. Many, I'd even venture to say most, Americans would much rather be given something, than have to expend any energy to achieving or earning it. It's a sad, sad situation our country is in, but personal responsibility has completely flown out the window.

As an example, I'm being lazy right now by posting on here, when I should be studying for my CPA exam which is a mere 10 days away. :scared:

No, I see a multitude of lazy people in every avenue of life, every single day. The laziness of college students is disgusting, the laziness of those in the workplace isn't much better. Many, I'd even venture to say most, Americans would much rather be given something, than have to expend any energy to achieving or earning it. It's a sad, sad situation our country is in, but personal responsibility has completely flown out the window.

Maybe you happen upon the wrong people, or are only looking for the bad.

Maybe you happen upon the wrong people, or are only looking for the bad.

Not at all. And to be clear, I never said EVERY American. I used the term "Americans" in general. I see people everywhere that are busting their butts too. Unfortunately, more and more people tend to be slacking and going the "it's okay, if I don't give my all, someone is going to help me through it" route, IMO.

Not at all. And to be clear, I never said EVERY American. I used the term "Americans" in general. I see people everywhere that are busting their butts too. Unfortunately, more and more people tend to be slacking and going the "it's okay, if I don't give my all, someone is going to help me through it" route, IMO.

I used to think like you. But then I realized that although it seemed like most people were like that, I was wrong. The majority of Americans are hardworking, and not looking for anything to be given to them. I even revised my opinion of people your age. :p