Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Interesting study on wealth distribution

Featured Replies

  • Replies 51
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess most Americans don't hang out on BGP.

 

Without reading the whole thing, however, the basic premise doesn't surprise me. There are a lot more "have-nots" than "haves".

Getting a piece of someone else's pie seems to be the American way these days, or atleast the way many Americans feel it should be.

Again, Americans are just flat-out lazy.

 

Actually, that's not true.

Actually, that's not true.

 

How do you figure? I see it everday on campus, and I can't imagine how bad it is in the work force.

I guess most Americans don't hang out on BGP.

 

Without reading the whole thing, however, the basic premise doesn't surprise me. There are a lot more "have-nots" than "haves".

There's also a lot more of the entitlement crowd out there than there used to be.
There's also a lot more of the entitlement crowd out there than there used to be.

 

No doubt...and it's not all about who won't work and who wants their government check.

Actually, that's not true.

 

What America are you living in? :lol: I see it every single day.

No doubt...and it's not all about who won't work and who wants their government check.
Agreed, however, there seem to be more that know how to work the angles than in the past.
What America are you living in? :lol: I see it every single day.

 

So, you see a lazy person everyday and that makes EVERY American lazy? I thought you didn't like hyperbole.

So, you see a lazy person everyday and that makes EVERY American lazy? I thought you didn't like hyperbole.

 

No, I see a multitude of lazy people in every avenue of life, every single day. The laziness of college students is disgusting, the laziness of those in the workplace isn't much better. Many, I'd even venture to say most, Americans would much rather be given something, than have to expend any energy to achieving or earning it. It's a sad, sad situation our country is in, but personal responsibility has completely flown out the window.

 

As an example, I'm being lazy right now by posting on here, when I should be studying for my CPA exam which is a mere 10 days away. :scared:

No, I see a multitude of lazy people in every avenue of life, every single day. The laziness of college students is disgusting, the laziness of those in the workplace isn't much better. Many, I'd even venture to say most, Americans would much rather be given something, than have to expend any energy to achieving or earning it. It's a sad, sad situation our country is in, but personal responsibility has completely flown out the window.

 

Maybe you happen upon the wrong people, or are only looking for the bad.

Maybe you happen upon the wrong people, or are only looking for the bad.

 

Not at all. And to be clear, I never said EVERY American. I used the term "Americans" in general. I see people everywhere that are busting their butts too. Unfortunately, more and more people tend to be slacking and going the "it's okay, if I don't give my all, someone is going to help me through it" route, IMO.

Not at all. And to be clear, I never said EVERY American. I used the term "Americans" in general. I see people everywhere that are busting their butts too. Unfortunately, more and more people tend to be slacking and going the "it's okay, if I don't give my all, someone is going to help me through it" route, IMO.

 

I used to think like you. But then I realized that although it seemed like most people were like that, I was wrong. The majority of Americans are hardworking, and not looking for anything to be given to them. I even revised my opinion of people your age. :p

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.