Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Starting today!

Featured Replies

I reserve the right to be wrong, thus the IMO used as an out.:D

 

I am feelin' you on that one.

  • Replies 139
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It will benefit them by not being dropped when they do get sick, it will benefit them from having a maximum cap if they get a major illness and being told, well it's time for you to die. Why do what's right as long as you are happy with your coverage right? Your premiums were being raised and coverage lowered long before HCR but who cares about that. Your premiums would have lowered and your coverage level would have increased had the public option been included but I digress no one wanted "socialist government run health care".

 

I have never been dropped for being sick. I don't think a maximum cap is a bad thing as long as it is reasonable. My coverage as yet to decrease in 13 years. My premiums have gone up but anyone that thinks this bill will stop that is living in laa laa land. If you think coverage would improve with a public option your living laa laa land. Premiums may have gone down but you get what you pay for. You have to do what is in the best interest of the majority and I do not believe this bill does that. It is the tail wagging the dog. I do believe something needed to be done about the increasing cost of health care and to make it more affordable for everyone without decreasing benefits but again I do not think this bill does that.

  • Author
I have never been dropped for being sick. I don't think a maximum cap is a bad thing as long as it is reasonable. My coverage as yet to decrease in 13 years. My premiums have gone up but anyone that thinks this bill will stop that is living in laa laa land. If you think coverage would improve with a public option your living laa laa land. Premiums may have gone down but you get what you pay for. You have to do what is in the best interest of the majority and I do not believe this bill does that. It is the tail wagging the dog. I do believe something needed to be done about the increasing cost of health care and to make it more affordable for everyone without decreasing benefits but again I do not think this bill does that.

 

So you are happy and to heck with everyone else who isn't or gets denied or dropped. I may be in lala land as you say but I'd rather be in lala land than to be in a place that is as self serving and as self centered as the one you are refering to. We just look at the role of government and society differently and I prefer my view. :D I'm just trying to be one of the sheep on the right.

I claim single 0 and the only thing I deduct is mortgage interest, now whats that have to do with the price of tea in China? I'm assuming given your political stances you will forgo social security and medicare when you reach eligiability? Yes you are right about the "income" tax part but you make it seem (quite intentionally so) as the majority of this country pays no federal taxes which simply isn't true.

 

Because IMVHO anyone who is in favor of higher taxes in any way, on any one who does anything to reduce their tax liability is being somewhat hypocritical.

 

And no, I won't forego Medicare and Social Security when I'm eligible (that's assuming either one is still in existance when I'm eligble, I'm not optomistic about that given the current state of affairs but that's a different story) because I've pre-paid for them. And if you re-read my post you will not that I very clearly said income tax.

So you are happy and to heck with everyone else who isn't or gets denied or dropped. I may be in lala land as you say but I'd rather be in lala land than to be in a place that is as self serving and as self centered as the one you are refering to. We just look at the role of government and society differently and I prefer my view. :D I'm just trying to be one of the sheep on the right.

 

So it's ok for the minority to decide the direction this goes? The majority of people don't get dropped. The majority of people have insurance they are happy with. The majority will not win here.

Something to ponder. I was listening to WHAS yeatserday and a law that affects the Consumer Products Safety Commission is 50 pages. There are over 600 pages of regulations that have been written about how to implement that law. Now the ObamaCare bill is over 2000 pages. How many pages of regulations will be written to enforce that monstrosity. IMVHO it an absolute lie for anyone on either side to even pretend to know what the eventual outcome of this will be especially those that support it saying how great it will be.

  • Author
So it's ok for the minority to decide the direction this goes? The majority of people don't get dropped. The majority of people have insurance they are happy with. The majority will not win here.

 

At one time the majority of people thought it was okay to make the minority have seperate drinking fountains as well. Just because the majority wants something or is happy doesn't always make it right or ok. People are often happy with their insurance until they have to use it, then when they find out they are unhappy it's too late.

So it's ok for the minority to decide the direction this goes? The majority of people don't get dropped. The majority of people have insurance they are happy with. The majority will not win here.

 

Really? Who are these people? I'd like to know what insurance policies that they have that are so great.

At one time the majority of people thought it was okay to make the minority have seperate drinking fountains as well. Just because the majority wants something or is happy doesn't always make it right or ok. People are often happy with their insurance until they have to use it, then when they find out they are unhappy it's too late.

Talk about hyperbole. Did you just seriously compare health insurance to segregation? Give me a break.

Really? Who are these people? I'd like to know what insurance policies that they have that are so great.

 

I would assume the same majority that are not happy with this bill. But if you want a specific example, me and everyone I work with for starters.

I would assume the same majority that are not happy with this bill. But if you want a specific example, me and everyone I work with for starters.

 

You, and everyone you work with, were happy before 2008? I have seen a great deal of fickleness in this department since the HCR bill.

Income taxes are very, very different from payroll or excise taxes though. And it's true a huge percentage pay nothing. That's just wrong.

 

Tax Policy Center estimated 47% of filers pay no income tax.

For those complaining about citizens of the US who pay no tax due to legitimate reasons due to the current tax code, and feel the rich are unfairly targeted and pay too much, how do you feel about this?

 

The bank would admit to intentionally subverting U.S. tax laws and defrauding the U.S. government by sending dozens of unregistered bankers, Birkenfeld among them, to the United States on thousands of illegal trips to facilitate tax evasion schemes for wealthy U.S.-based clients - a fraud hiding as much as $20 billion in secret undeclared accounts and earning UBS up to $200 million a year in ill-begotten profits.

 

To avoid criminal prosecution, and potential ruin, the bank would agree to pay a $780 million fine and, most controversially, agree to turn over names of thousands American account holders to the IRS, a betrayal on par with original sin in Switzerland. The move was approved by the Swiss parliament in June, clearing the way for the release of the documents and what could be thousands of pending cases.

 

Eventually, the Swiss government itself would bow under the weight of the evidence accumulated against UBS and, in high-level settlement discussions with the U.S. State Department, concede to new treaty terms to prevent Switzerland's leading bank from losing its licenses to do business in the U.S.

 

Meanwhile, the investigations sent nearly 15,000 American tax offenders, the vast majority with undeclared UBS accounts, into the arms of a new IRS amnesty program, agreeing to pay billions in back taxes and fines to avoid prosecution themselves.

UBS Whistleblower: Secret Swiss Banking's End

Really? Who are these people? I'd like to know what insurance policies that they have that are so great.

 

There was some survey published back during the debate on the health bill that showed some large percentage of people being happy with their insurance. Can't remember the exact numbers though. I'm happy with mine and we've used it quite a bit. Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield.

For those complaining about citizens of the US who pay no tax due to legitimate reasons due to the current tax code, and feel the rich are unfairly targeted and pay too much, how do you feel about this?

 

 

UBS Whistleblower: Secret Swiss Banking's End

 

They should have the full force of the law thrown at them. It doesn't change my thinking that people should not get away with paying no income tax. The tax code should be changed in that regard.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.