September 30, 201016 yr Actually, in 2012 employers are required to list the amount of your insurance they pay on your W-2, but that amount is not going to be calculated as part of your income or taxed separately. Makes you wonder, though. Why put have it on the W-2 at all, then? I'm sure you can figure out what's coming.
October 1, 201016 yr Haven't your retirement contributions been reported on your W-2?Yes, that is for contribution monitoring. You are only allowed to tax defer so much. If you exceed the amount you are allowed to contribute, the excess is taxed or you may face a fine. I can't remember which.
October 1, 201016 yr Yes, that is for contribution monitoring. You are only allowed to tax defer so much. If you exceed the amount you are allowed to contribute, the excess is taxed or you may face a fine. I can't remember which. You pay an excise tax for excess contributions that aren't returned to you within a prescribed time period.
October 1, 201016 yr About 50 employees, sales of around 5 million. If cost jump a lot I see many companies forcing lay offs. Especially, when a lot of them can get temps who they don't have to pay healthcare to.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.