Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Starting today!

Featured Replies

Oh where, oh where has capitalism gone?

 

Agreed, when you are allowed to have a virtual monopoly . . .

 

The other problem comes in letting the market place provide services. It is not like anyone can start up an insurance company like they can a law office. And ultimately, medical care is never really a choice so supply and demand also get skewed. I am not sure you can apply Smith or Keynes to the insurance market.

  • Replies 139
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Depends on the census area, and if it the insurers follow market principles, every healthy body added should drop premiums for all others.

 

Only if it exceeds the higher risk additions. Not sure that will happen. My guess is premiums from the new healthy group will quickly get eaten up by the costs associated with the new higher risk additions.

All I know is that in preparation for the new requirements of Obamacare (on my single coverage plan) in order for me to keep the same level of coverage that I had with the same out-of-pocket premium my co-pay for ER visits went up 15 dollars, my co-pay for a specialist went up 5 dollars and I'm now responsible out of pocket for 10% of the remaining charges whereas before insurance picked up 100% of the remaining charges. I'm now 80/20 for inpatient hospital visits and before that had been 90/10. I did have the option of keeping everything the same as it was before but I would have had to pay an additional 10 dollars per pay check. I've got a really strong feeling that some people (like my brother) who supported Obamacare because everyone should be entitled to insurance are going to be really surprised when they see what happens to their premiums when it's time to renew.

BINGO!!

All of the items mentioned are positive. I only wish that part of the reform would open the market so more insurance company options options would be available. I believe that an open market would help in driving premium prices down. I might be wrong but it certainly would be interesting to see.

When do the exchanges start

All of the items mentioned are positive. I only wish that part of the reform would open the market so more insurance company options options would be available. I believe that an open market would help in driving premium prices down. I might be wrong but it certainly would be interesting to see.

 

I totally agree.

The options are going to be less and less in the future as the road has been paved for the government to take over health care.......

Also thanks to ObamaCare folks will be paying the first federal sales tax in history when they sell their home or other real estate transactions.... The 3.8% tax was included in the bill... Remember what Pelosi said.. We have to pass it so we can find out whats in it.... Surprise!!

Also thanks to ObamaCare folks will be paying the first federal sales tax in history when they sell their home or other real estate transactions.... The 3.8% tax was included in the bill... Remember what Pelosi said.. We have to pass it so we can find out whats in it.... Surprise!!

 

You got a link to that?

What question?? Coming soon even more federal sales taxes...

  • Author
What question?? Coming soon even more federal sales taxes...

 

That will effect about 1% of the population on a fraction of the profits from the sale of a house. Is it that hard to have an honest debate without the hyperbole and the chicken little stuff??

No matter how the left wants to sugar coat it, it's still a federal sales tax and the ObamaCare bill contains at least 21 of these types of new taxes...

  • Author

No matter how the right wants to mislead, tell half truths or down right lie the Health Care Reform bill is a good thing and will benefit all Americans in the long run. All Except for a very few very rich folks and they break pretty much even.

No matter how the right wants to mislead, tell half truths or down right lie the Health Care Reform bill is a good thing and will benefit all Americans in the long run. All Except for a very few very rich folks and they break pretty much even.
So you think the federal sales tax is a lie as are the other new taxes contained in the bill??

 

..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.