All District Teams

Xgrad-JAGdad

So now, 13 of 24 slots should go to Trinity? OVER half? If it were Ballard that had 13 of the best 24 starters, they wouldn't get that many, either. That's just life. Like dalen said, coaches vote for the player that played best against their own team. For example, as good as he is, I doubt Manual's staff will vote Vic Anderson as All-District. They'll vote for Beaumont, I imagine... Male might vote for PRP's back.

If I'm Manual's coaches I'd vote Beaumont ALL-WORLD after the way the played against them. I was freakin unbelievable.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best players in the district should be all district. Period.

So, before it was about Trinity being blackballed, because that was easy to say. Do you agree with me that NO team, short of my 05-06 All-American U of L team on NCAA Football 2006, places that high a percentage onto this sort of award list? It's silly to expect it, and even sillier to be upset when it doesn't materialize.

If Trinity had the top 3 players at EACH position, they wouldn't place 13 on the 24 man list. Neither would Ballard, or Seneca, or Fern Creek. It's expecting too much.

So, before it was about Trinity being blackballed, because that was easy to say. Do you agree with me that NO team, short of my 05-06 All-American U of L team on NCAA Football 2006, places that high a percentage onto this sort of award list? It's silly to expect it, and even sillier to be upset when it doesn't materialize.

If Trinity had the top 3 players at EACH position, they wouldn't place 13 on the 24 man list. Neither would Ballard, or Seneca, or Fern Creek. It's expecting too much.

I guess it is silly to expect honesty in today's society.

You disagree with me that the best players, regardless of what team they play on, should be recognized. I'm OK with that.

I guess it is silly to expect honesty in today's society.

You disagree with me that the best players, regardless of what team they play on, should be recognized. I'm OK with that.

I don't vote on it, and so I don't have an opinion one way or the other on who SHOULD be on that list. I'm telling you to be realistic, and not, if Trinity on places, say, 7 on the list instead of 13, to gnash your teeth and say its because the rest of the district hates you. It's just a reality that ANY team would face.

So now, 13 of 24 slots should go to Trinity? OVER half? If it were Ballard that had 13 of the best 24 starters, they wouldn't get that many, either. That's just life. Like dalen said, coaches vote for the player that played best against their own team. For example, as good as he is, I doubt Manual's staff will vote Vic Anderson as All-District. They'll vote for Beaumont, I imagine... Male might vote for PRP's back.

If coaches do not consider how a player did against other teams as well as their own, it becomes a potential list of one-game wonders :rolleyes: .

Even though Vic Anderson did not play against Manual during the regular season and may be excluded by the Manual coaches for all-district, they may want to rethink their vote after the conclusion of this Friday's game. :fight:

Looking at the total district the RB's should be:

1st team - Anderson (St. X.) & Beaumont (Male)

2nd team - Horton (Manual) & Brown (PRP)

But this is just one observer's unbiased humble opinion. :D

That's my vote, too, Ox. I think that Manual had the best total backfield, witha running back corps that was at least three deep for the top 10 backs in R2D4, but that Anderson and Beaumont are the two best individuals in the district.

All District has always been anti-Trinity. There are a ton of players that don't make All District, but then go on to be All Region, County, State, etc. It's a joke.

Why be so defensive? Can't KJ Black, and others, get some accolades without people turning it around as not a vote for a good player, but a vote against Trinity or some others school.

If coaches do not consider how a player did against other teams as well as their own, it becomes a potential list of one-game wonders :rolleyes: .

Even though Vic Anderson did not play against Manual during the regular season and may be excluded by the Manual coaches for all-district, they may want to rethink their vote after the conclusion of this Friday's game. :fight:

From what I've seen of your district I'd have to vote Horton and Beaumont 1st team. I realize that Vic may be the best back in the state but due to injuries and other health issues he doesn't carry the load that these two do. JMO so don't fly off the handle.

If I'm Manual's coaches I'd vote Beaumont ALL-WORLD after the way the played against them. I was freakin unbelievable.

Preach on, Brother Dalen5!

Beaumont was in on probably half the plays (on both sides of the ball). It reminded me of Bush (in a 2/3 size sort of way). :thumb:

I would say Anderson and Beaumont also

Horton would be tough to leave out. Heck, I might even throw him in there and vote for him at WR - he has a lot of passes caught right?

What about QB for that district? Anderson hands down if you go on stats but Curley just keeps on winning? Any thoughts

From what I've seen of your district I'd have to vote Horton and Beaumont 1st team. I realize that Vic may be the best back in the state but due to injuries and other health issues he doesn't carry the load that these two do. JMO so don't fly off the handle.

Flying off the handle like a GIANT CONDOR :jump: in search of a MOUSE, I question whether you have actually seen enough St. X., Male, and Manual games to voice such a learned opinion of running back merits. :rolleyes:

Vic Anderson, 117 carries, 1035 yards

Doug Beaumont, 93 carries, 972 yards

Tim Horton, 113 carries, 892 yards

From looking at these stats, Anderson carried more of a load than either Beaumont or Horton, despite missing two games for injury. :cool:

Then again, maybe I'm all wet, and you ventured away from Region 3 District 5 games on numerous occasons to view the much more competitive games which occur annually in Region 2 District 4. I can't say I would blame you for wanting to see better football. :lol:

Flying off the handle like a GIANT CONDOR :jump: in search of a MOUSE, I question whether you have actually seen enough St. X., Male, and Manual games to voice such a learned opinion of running back merits. :rolleyes:

From looking at these stats, Anderson carried more of a load than either Beaumont or Horton, despite missing two games for injury. :cool:

Then again, maybe I'm all wet ,and you ventured away from Region 3 District 5 games on numerous occasons to view the much more competitive games which occur annually in Region 2 District 4. I can't say I would blame you for wanting to see better football. :lol:

Tim Horton also has 18 scores on the ground, to go with 555 receiving yards and 8 TD catches. He's averaging 136.2 all-purpose yards per game and 18.2 points per game.

He's one of FOUR Crimsons averaging at least 7.7 a carry with at least 40 attempts. Playing in such crowded conditions has to be taken into account when looking at his stats, not to mention the loaded box that Manual typically faces.

Tim Horton also has 18 scores on the ground, to go with 555 receiving yards and 8 TD catches. He's averaging 136.2 all-purpose yards per game and 18.2 points per game.

He's one of FOUR Crimsons averaging at least 7.7 a carry with at least 40 attempts. Playing in such crowded conditions has to be taken into account when looking at his stats, not to mention the loaded box that Manual typically faces.

I referenced running backs, not wide receivers in my comment. Anderson has 19 scores on the ground and also has multiple scores via the pass. In addition, Mike Mattingly and Brent Curley are not chopped liver rushing the ball either. Moreover, you can't in all honestly say that people load the box more for Manual than they do for X, can you? :cool:

Then again, maybe I'm all wet, and you ventured away from Region 3 District 5 games on numerous occasons to view the much more competitive games which occur annually in Region 2 District 4. I can't say I would blame you for wanting to see better football. :lol:

Typical X-ite. I would bet I've seen a lot more of your district than you have seen ours and yet you claim to be an expert on many occasions. I view a lot of high school football in general as often as I can. In another post I saw the merit of voting KJ ahead of Nick for district POY, KJ doesn't have Nicks numbers but he also doesn't have Nick's supporting cast, coaching staff etc. Like I said in my post, Vic may be the best back in the state but I was impressed with the job that Horton does in many facets for Manual. Sorry you don't agree.

I will take issue with your assessment of Vic vs. Beaumont. If Glasser asked Vic to do what Doug Beaumont has done for Male over the past three years it is very possible that Vic might not even be around by now. Check it out, Beaumont never comes off the field. He not only returns kicks, he is on the kick off team. Beaumont is "mini-mike". Not to mention he is playing very solid defense.