Track the Reds (2nd Half, Week 8)

LRCW

Why are you being argumentative? Just for the sake of arguing. He hit the same pitch in the 2nd inning over Stubbs head and nearly knocked the wall down. He's sitting dead red. Throw the breaking pitch. Who said he couldn't have missed with it too?

I'm not being argumentitive in the least. I think it's silly to question a pitcher shaking off a catcher when it's obvious the pitcher didn't hit his desired location. The low outside fastball was a great idea. He missed and he paid. He would have paid with a missed slider, knuckler, curve, ephos, or change up.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter. If Homer puts the fastball where he wanted to Holliday rolls it over for a weak ground ball or he strikes out.

Your only legit complaint would be if Homer said to himself "I'm throwing a fastball down the middle and not outside like my catcher wants."

Other than that it's just a bad pitch location just like a slider or curve can end up in the wrong location.

So why don't pitchers abandon all pitches except the fastball Clyde? Afterall, all they have to do is hit their location. Why waste time on their other pitches, just work on your location, and you've got it made. Just think of the strikeouts Nolan Ryan would have had if he had abandoned that killer curve ball, and stuck with his fastball.

I'm not being argumentitive in the least. I think it's silly to question a pitcher shaking off a catcher when it's obvious the pitcher didn't hit his desired location. The low outside fastball was a great idea. He missed and he paid. He would have paid with a missed slider, knuckler, curve, ephos, or change up.

Clyde, he nearly got him out on a curveball earlier in the AB because he fought it off and fouled it into Hannigans cahones. He's sitting dead read and was susceptible to the curve. Yep, Homer missed the spot, that's not up for debate. Hannigan and everyone but Homer knew the pitch to throw there was a breaking ball. He misses with a breaking pitch there and he fouls it off or pops it up. But what do I know?

Clyde, he nearly got him out on a curveball earlier in the AB because he fought it off and fouled it into Hannigans cahones. He's sitting dead read and was susceptible to the curve. Yep, Homer missed the spot, that's not up for debate. Hannigan and everyone but Homer knew the pitch to throw there was a breaking ball. He misses with a breaking pitch there and he fouls it off or pops it up. But what do I know?

Smartest thing you've said all day.:D