How many will the Reds win on the West Coast Trip?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are probably going out West at the right time. None of the 3 teams they face the next 9 days are playing that well. Arizona is 6-4 in their last 10 having lost 2 of 3 @ Washington, the Dodgers are 4-6 and finishing up in Atlanta today after losing 2 of the first 3 games to the Braves and San Fran is 4-6 after losing 2 of 3 at home to the Padres. We all know the Reds track record out West though and both the Dodgers and Giants play extremely well at home and possess very good starting pitching. Some of the Red's bats need to come alive for this trip and the pitching staff needs to tighten it down.

I will be very curious to see how Dusty manages the roster when Cueto comes off the suspension. Mike Leake has already stated publicly as noted by Jeff Brantley over the weekend that he prefers to work on his normal cycle of pitching every 5th day so Dusty has a problem now that Bailey is back and seemed to throw very well over the weekend. They have 5 starters and Wood down @ Louisville to work with and Cabrera ready to come off the DL on Wednesday. They are playing a man short on the infield with 6 OFs on the 25 man active so I guess somebody goes down on Wednesday when they activate Cabrera. Heisey is probably the odd man out but he has been very productive off the bench and that would make them left handed heavy at that position. It looks like they will only face 1 lefty in Arizona and LA but the way the rotation for SF is lining up it looks like they will face 2 there and quite possibly miss Lincecum. It will be an interesting off day of planning for Mr. Toothpick.

That's is what I'm thinking as well, but I'm hoping we can get a sweep of the DBacks and maybe pick up an additional win against either the Giants or Dodgers.

It's doable, but I'm just not holding my breath for it.

I think if they can get through their 16 Left Coast games at 8-8 or 9-7 they'll be in great shape for a playoff berth.