Mason County 2010

Ram

Replacing Sutton will be the Royals biggest challenge. Gilbert, the Royals leading receiver, is back. Tyler Black was little used at tight end last year, but he's big and has good speed. If used properly, he'll give teams fits. There are other receivers with plenty of speed. If they can catch and learn the plays, passing game will be more lethal than last year. I'm not too worried about the passing game.

The offensive line has solid returners. If the new center plays well, there will be joy in Mason County. Linebackers are in abundance with good speed and decent size. This team will be a lot like last year. Josh Harris running, catching and playing linebacker. Good passing, great at times. Both lines will be bigger than last year and probably just as good, or better.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The schedule is again atrocious outside of their district,which they have no control over. Danville was awful last season in the game at Maysville and as usual don't see any competition from Montgomery,Harrison or Bourbon. Can't these teams be replaced by a Lexington,Louisville or mountain school or one of each. Really no test until second round of playoffs

Ther schedule is very much a flip-flop of last year's. Both of the big rivalry games (Fleming County and Russell) are away this season. Last year the schedule fell into place for the 10-0 regular season; might be tougher this time around.

I don't have a big problem with the schedule. A perennial small-school powerhouse with a legendary coach in Danville, and all of the other out-of-district games are against larger schools without lots of travel.

The coaching staff is very high on this group. They were very pleased with the young receiving corp during the 7 on 7 with Highlands and think there will not be a drop off from last season even though they lost major contributors other than Gilbert.

From what I understand, the coaches do feel they have a great group of kids. I've watched them practice a couple of times. They work hard and the enthusiasm is there. They believe they have the potential to go all the way and are willing to work hard to get there.

In the words of Bear Bryant, "It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters."

It's been my non-expert observation that Mason County's Achilles Heel has been difficulty stopping teams who like to play keep-away and pound the ball up the middle play after play after play.

Same here. This year I believe they plan to rotate some of the big offensive linemen into the defense more which could make a significant difference.

The schedule is again atrocious outside of their district,which they have no control over. Danville was awful last season in the game at Maysville and as usual don't see any competition from Montgomery,Harrison or Bourbon. Can't these teams be replaced by a Lexington,Louisville or mountain school or one of each. Really no test until second round of playoffs
Well, maybe Danville will be a little more competitive this year in Danville. :irked: If Danville gets tougher on defense, I know you'll have plenty of competition. In the future Danville has some good talent coming up, and will be as good or better than any Lexington or mountain school you could face.:D

Win it all in their class as in state title?

3A folks need to remember you are never gonna catch, E-town, Paducah T, and Centrall all down in the same year like they were last year, you boys in the east are just playing for second!

I know that Mason County, Sheldon Clark, Somerset, Belfry, Breathitt County, and Pike Central are thrilled to hear you say so. Now they can quit worrying about it. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

No test before second round? Seems first game was an eye opener.

Schedule seems alright so far...