Mason County 2010

Ram

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need Neal Pawsett and Josh Harris to stay healthy. Does anyone know how Pawsett's recruiting is going? He is a very smart young man and a very good QB. Hopefully he will show well in the summer camps and get some good offers. Harris should be getting some looks to but he will only be a junior. He is an absolute stud on the football field. He should get some D-I offers down the road. Should be a good season for the Royals.

If the Offensive and Defensive lines can build some depth,This should be one of Mason's top 2 teams every...I understand the overall numbers of kids is way up this year also,Which is outstanding and a testament to Coach B and his awesome staff for what they have put together in the Football program.One of the more underrated Coach's in the State!!

Staying healthy may be the largest part of having a good season. I see the offense being at least as good as last year and the defense being better. They have a bevy of returning linebackers. The defensive line should be improved also. I'd like to see them use all their offensive tools effectively. Tyler Black can help out a lot at tight end if they use him.

Mason Co. will be one of the elite teams in AAA in the East this year. With the athletes and skill position players they return they will be a threat to score from anywhere on the field. The development of Mason County's line will determine if they can sustain drives or if they will have to hit the homerun.

Defensively Mason will be athletic, aggressive, and chase the football. They will be a tough out for any AAA team. I look for Mason Co along with Sheldon Clark, Somerset, Belfry, & maybe Pike Central to be in the thick of things when it determines who represents the East in the AAA state championship.

Pawsett and Harris are the back bone of this team and will need to stay healthy for a State Tournament run. I look for Jordan Gilbert to also have a big year at WR and special teams. Could be a fun year , but they will need to play well in the trenches. I think when it is all said and done Harris will have some major D-1 offers. That kid is just a football player. He is a good running back but on defense he is a head hunter and plays with a nasty streak.

but they will need to play well in the trenches.

They have three senior interior linemen I can think of to lead the way, Alex Newton, Matt Eades and Austin Berry. Newton is big, about 6' 3" and 280 at the moment, and he moves well. Eades and Berry are quite capable and motivated. Look for them on both sides of the ball but with offense being their forte.

• 1 month later...

I agree with mcpapa. Big losses with Lang and Jones gone. The line lost Sutton as well. Coach B always has an answer though. Im ready to see how much Pawsat has improved this season. That kid is a beast.

I expect Mason County to win it all in their class this year and I challenge the Mason County players to live up to those expectations. With great coaches, great players and great community support, nothing should stop them from accomplishing that goal, barring injuries, if the players continue to work their tails off, listen to their coaches and remain focused and disciplined. Sorry if that sounds like pressure, but with pressure comes success and with success comes pressure.

They have three senior interior linemen I can think of to lead the way, Alex Newton, Matt Eades and Austin Berry. Newton is big, about 6' 3" and 280 at the moment, and he moves well. Eades and Berry are quite capable and motivated. Look for them on both sides of the ball but with offense being their forte.

I was no trying to imply that they there was no talent there, I was just stating that most games are won at the line of scrimage. If the line can give Pawsett time to throw and open up holes for Harris, they will be tough to stop. The the majority of teams we play their primary offense is on the ground. You have to have a good d-line and linebackers to clog up the middle. I have very high expectations for this years team. Does anyone have any details on the Highlands 7 on 7 from last week? They had a little article in the paper but it did not give many details.