Track the Reds (Week 10)

It's hard to believe a guy with 1 career sacrifice bunt in his career isn't a reliable option to do so? Come on guys...

I think you misunderstood me. I find it hard to believe a guy with his skills and athleticism can not be counted on to bunt. You have to bunt in that situation even if it's Adam Dunn.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Votto has not been the same player since his quote "stiff neck". He has lost his intensity.

I'm hearing he may be having his "issues" again. I certainly hope that is not true. I even heard DL being thrown around again. Let's hope that doesn't come to pass again.

Votto had an awful all around game. The cut of Stubbs throw was an unbelievable brain cramp at that stage of the game and cost them the game. Speaking of throws how bad was the throw from the Royals CF earlier in the game to home plate? I thought it was going to come to a complete stop.

Two straight days with a brain cramp for Joey. Yesterday he was doubled up off first thinking there were 2 outs on a fly out. He needs a day off, 2 for 11 the last 3 games with 9 men left on base. His swing looks way off.

I think you misunderstood me. I find it hard to believe a guy with his skills and athleticism can not be counted on to bunt. You have to bunt in that situation even if it's Adam Dunn.

Says who? Bruce was so bad tonight he hit a HR and double. He didn't get it done in a sport where failing 70% of the time is a good thing. I understood you perfectly, and disagree..

Are you not familiar with Jose Guillen's cannon in right field? As far as the Votto getting scared during crunch time comment. Give me a break.

Was at the game, Guillen was not in right field, DeJesus was. Guillen went out on a double switch. Hernandez would have still been out by 20 feet though. Votto swung at a lot of bad pitches tonight and when he did get a good one he was way off on it. He needs a day off imo.

Votto cutting the ball off was no doubt a huge mistake. They had the guy by 10 feet if he lets it go. Would have been really nice to take that one...

Sitting their in disbelief on that one. I'm beginning to believe that Joey is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Can't win all the games no reason to get up upset over that one its a long season. Was no one left on the bench to pinch run for Ramon?

Janish was it, but Leake could have run but who do you put into catch if the game is still tied?

Says who? Bruce was so bad tonight he hit a HR and double. He didn't get it done in a sport where failing 70% of the time is a good thing. I understood you perfectly, and disagree..

Good deal Gametime. I must be wrong if you disagree with me.

WHY DID HE CUT THAT!?

I was at the game and that is the first thing I said, plus I was four rows behind the dugout so I had a pretty good view. Look like Stubbs had him gunned at home for sure.

Why did we not send Hernandez? Comes back to haunt us because Votto gets scared during crunch time.

From the live perspective...he would have been gunned down by a mile. Gotta think our guys should be able to get him home with a sac fly. Votto just absolutely didn't seem to have it tonight.

Can't win all the games no reason to get up upset over that one its a long season. Was no one left on the bench to pinch run for Ramon?

If you pitch run for Ramon Hernandez and you don't win the game and it keeps getting played, who is playing catcher for you since Corkey was already gone and Hannigan is hurt. Ramon had to stay...no other option really.

Plus, they were running out of players in the dugout.

I am going to bold this because I believe it definitely needs mentioned...

Our bullpen looked very good tonight and deserves a post. I wish someone would have posted it before I got on here, but I guess I will be the guy. Unfortunate that Owings let up a run, but you have to admit that they pitched well. I thought with all the grief they get, especially from us on here, they deserved some credit tonight.

Tough loss, they just couldn't get the big hit at the big moment like always. Thought it was a decent crowd tonight, a little under 26,000 and it seemed like the majoirty of them were still there through 11 innings. Maybe it was because of fireworks, but who knows. They could have been louder, but I still thought it was a good crowd.

I'm predicting 35,000+ tomorrow night...if the whether holds off. I will be in attendance, getting my bobblehead baby!

Another despicable give away to a bad team... In late September, these games will replay in our minds.

I do completely agree with you math. But you know what, 2-3 years ago I would have left the ballpark tonight and been like "well whatever, we'll get them tomorrow". But now it hurts and means more. It's like you got cheated...which is a good change IMO.

I am going to bold this because I believe it definitely needs mentioned...

Our bullpen looked very good tonight and deserves a post. I wish someone would have posted it before I got on here, but I guess I will be the guy. Unfortunate that Owings let up a run, but you have to admit that they pitched well. I thought with all the grief they get, especially from us on here, they deserved some credit tonight.

Tough loss, they just couldn't get the big hit at the big moment like always. Thought it was a decent crowd tonight, a little under 26,000 and it seemed like the majoirty of them were still there through 11 innings. Maybe it was because of fireworks, but who knows. They could have been louder, but I still thought it was a good crowd.

I'm predicting 35,000+ tomorrow night...if the whether holds off. I will be in attendance, getting my bobblehead baby!

Owings got the 1st out in the 11th but then walked Butler on 5 pitches and Pena on 4. You just can't give any teams gifts like that.

Was at the game, Guillen was not in right field, DeJesus was. Guillen went out on a double switch. Hernandez would have still been out by 20 feet though. Votto swung at a lot of bad pitches tonight and when he did get a good one he was way off on it. He needs a day off imo.

You don't know if he would have been out or not. He could have been a bad throw and the first baseman may have cut it off!!!!!!!!!