Rand Paul website

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet, the people that are pro-choice don't support the killing of a 10 day old baby. Therein lies the issue. It is the deciding point in which life exists. It is not that those people lack values.

And for the record, when it comes to the immigration part of your response, I am against those of us that are NOT illegal immigrants being asked to show papers that I am legal in this county.

I have driven through DUI checkpoints as sober as the day I was born and had no problem showing my "papers." It is simply politicians on both sides demonizing and praying on the emotions of the voters.

Do we have different classifications of murder in this country? What is the difference between manslaughter and murder charge? And if you are asking me what charge I would think the mother needs, I would want to know what the legal classifications are before answering that question.

Or do you not want an informed, knowledgeable answer and just want me to blurt out an emotional answer to prove some point you seemed to be wanting to make.

I want you and others that call it murder to show your conviction.

Let me make it easier for you. Regardless of what we call it (murder 1, murder 2, manslaughter) do you believe a mother should go to prison?

Yet, the people that are pro-choice don't support the killing of a 10 day old baby. Therein lies the issue. It is the deciding point in which life exists. It is not that those people lack values.

We will disagree on whether it is a lack of values that unborn babies do not deserve protection.

To me, you can judge a country on how it treats the most innocent and weak in a country. And this country has done well in some regards to people that would fit that category but presently failing in it's protection of unborn children.

I want you and others that call it murder to show your conviction.

Let me make it easier for you. Regardless of what we call it (murder 1, murder 2, manslaughter) do you believe a mother should go to prison?

Possibly. And possibly not. No different than the different murder/manslaughter charges vary.

For example, husband forces wife to have an abortion despite her not wanting one. Possibly, she does not deserve to go to prison but husband might.

We will disagree on whether it is a lack of values that unborn babies do not deserve protection.

To me, you can judge a country on how it treats the most innocent and weak in a country. And this country has done well in some regards to people that would fit that category but presently failing in it's protection of unborn children.

Then, to me, it seems important that you answer Clyde's question about the punishment that you would propose for those participating in abortions, if they were to become illegal.

The answers I have seen Paul give,

I would walk with MLK to stop discrimination.

I support the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

I think institutionalized racism is abhorrant.

It is a stain on this country's history that desegregation first happened in the early 1800's in Boston and sad it took over 100 years for it to finally happen in the South.

All were direct answers. Just not the ones that the liberal, Democrat-supporting media that he was answering questions from, wanted him to say. So, they kept pushing him to get an answer they WANTED rather than AN ANSWER.

You could make an analogy that those answers are similar to the candidate who swears he is pro-life personally but that he understands the Supreme Court has decided differently. Paul's personal belief (racial discrimination is abhorrent, etc.) does not mean he can force a business owner to not discriminate. Just as the pro-life person I am describing above may say he can not force another person to not have an abortion.

Again, those that are pro-choice would "throw the book" at someone killing a 10 day old baby. The issue is where life begins. Honestly, I do not know the answer to that question.

If its "the ending of the life of an innocent child" why would you need a new classification? Is this "child" different than a one-year-old? Do we need categories based on age?

That is what we presently have.

An unborn child is not protected FROM THEIR MOTHER in this country.

Protected from everyone else and MURDER charges can be filed on a person for killing the unborn child.

How crazy is that? It is murder to kill an unborn child unless you are the mother.

You could make an analogy that those answers are similar to the candidate who swears he is pro-life personally but that he understands the Supreme Court has decided differently. His personal belief (racial discrimination is abhorrent, etc.) does not mean he can force a business owner to not discriminate. Just as the pro-life person may say he can not force another person to not have an abortion.

Throwing your analogy to Rand Paul, the difference is that he is not working nor will he work to overturn the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

But I would expect a pro-life person to work to overturn that decision made by the Supreme Court and who the plaintiff even said was now wrong for her.

Then, to me, it seems important that you answer Clyde's question about the punishment that you would propose for those participating in abortions, if they were to become illegal.

I guess I need to hear your explanation as to why you decry the taking of a life and yet you're not sure if that deserves prison time.

As we move through a time from it being legal to illegal, there would need to be a period of more compassion in this country for the mothers. I don't think it would serve anyone if abortions were illegal beginning today that we put a mother in prison for an abortion tomorrow.

Eventually, as we move through that adjustment period that it survives legal challenges and the like and society has moved to an acceptance of it being illegal, than you would have a stricter policy on the issue.

I won't apologize for my compassion not fitting the stereotype that you want to prescribe to me on this issue.

Doctors, absolutely. Put them in jail.

That is what we presently have.

An unborn child is not protected FROM THEIR MOTHER in this country.

Protected from everyone else and MURDER charges can be filed on a person for killing the unborn child.

How crazy is that? It is murder to kill an unborn child unless you are the mother.

Come on. This isn't that hard. Don't give me an extreme case like a husband forcing his wife to have an abortion. Don't tell me what happens today. I've already appointed you King so you get to tell us what King LBBC would do.

Lets assume that 99.9% of abortions are not at gunpoint or as a result of a threat from the father. We can all agree that most/all abortions happen because of the "inconvenience" of having a child. For that great majority what would King LBBC say is a fair punishment for taking an innocent life which you and others equate to murder?