Rand Paul website

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who says?

God. God is the author of Life and determines when it begins and when it ends. Deut. 32:39; Job 31:15; Pslam 139:13-16; Jeremiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Luke 1:39-44; Gal. 1:15; Ephesians 1:3-4. But, in order to take these scriptures as authority you need to believe the bible is the INSPIRED word of God. Not sure of your stance on that and therein lies the problem, if you do not believe the bible is the inerrhant, inspired Word of God then we have no common ground on which to even begin a discussion.

How do you feel about the death penalty?

I believe that scripture supports the death penalty . . . eye for an eye, etc., much of the scripture (see Genesis 9:6) is found in the old testament. But the principle is found in the new testament as well. Look at Anninias and Sapphira . . . for just keeping a promised portion of their profits from God---they were killed. So, in my opinion, there are crimes worthy of the death penalty. People who say that two wrongs don't make a right (murdering someone that murders) are carelessly equating the act of committing murder with the act of punishing the murderer. But, once again, if you do not believe that scripture is the final authority you will not agree with my position nor will we have common ground on which to base a discussion.